PDA

View Full Version : ? SVT MARAUDER- ROAD & TRACK-APRIL'05pp57-59

GreekGod
03-15-2005, 05:49 PM
..."for the first time, SVT will also look at doing performance versions of Lincoln and Mercury models"..."In the past, vehicles like the Mercury Marauder or the Mustang Mach I were executed by the platform team, but they will now be tuned by SVT." IT COULD HAPPEN-DON'T GIVE UP!:beatnik:

MarauderMark
03-15-2005, 05:52 PM
..."for the first time, SVT will also look at doing performance versions of Lincoln and Mercury models"..."In the past, vehicles like the Mercury Marauder or the Mustang Mach I were executed by the platform team, but they will now be tuned by SVT." IT COULD HAPPEN-DON'T GIVE UP!:beatnik:

Been down this road before..It would be nice.:up:

CRUZTAKER
03-15-2005, 06:18 PM
It's too late for the majority of us....

Done deal.

Bigdogjim
03-15-2005, 08:05 PM
No it will not be a Marauder:mad:

Now I do wish they do a real hot rod Lincoln:2thumbs:

DEFYANT
03-15-2005, 09:27 PM
No more Marauders! Keep the total production numbers low!

MARAUDER S/C #5
03-16-2005, 04:55 AM
No more Marauders! Keep the total production numbers low!
I agree! I hope they never bring it back! :P

O's Fan Rich
03-16-2005, 05:24 AM

Hot rod Lincoln would be my guess.
Besides, I want them to build a kick azz Mustang Cvert.... just for me :banana2: :bows:

Mike Poore
03-16-2005, 12:15 PM
After Mercury dropped the ball on the Marauder, or as Keith and others have suggested, was a useful way to clean out the parts bin, I doubt we're gonna see another Marauder. It would not surprise me, however, to see an SVT Crown Vic, somewhere down the road. I mean, what else do they have left? ;)

Tallboy
03-16-2005, 12:27 PM
No it will not be a Marauder:mad:

Now I do wish they do a real hot rod Lincoln:2thumbs:
You're gonna drive me to drinkin'...:D

O's Fan Rich
03-16-2005, 12:31 PM
After Mercury dropped the ball on the Marauder, or as Keith and others have suggested, was a useful way to clean out the parts bin, I doubt we're gonna see another Marauder. It would not surprise me, however, to see an SVT Crown Vic, somewhere down the road. I mean, what else do they have left? ;)
Yeah, Mike, they got rid of the SAble too! :bows: :bows: :bows:

TechHeavy
03-16-2005, 12:38 PM
The Cougar, to compete with the S/Ced Cobalt, maybe?

ex00p71
03-16-2005, 01:24 PM
"Wound it up to 110, my speedometer said that I hit top end. My foot was glued like lead to the floor thats all there is and there aint no more. Now the boys all thought I'd lost my sense, those telephone polls looked like a picket fence. They said slow down I see spots, the lines on the road just look like dots."

Hot Rod Lincoln, Asleep at The Wheel

Hell yeah, the sad thing is by then the towncar will be on the stupid 500 chassis.
<!-- / message -->

Ross
03-16-2005, 03:23 PM
I for one hope to see a new MM somewhere in the future. I put a lot of miles on mine, and it won't last forever. What am I going to replace it with, a ricer? :puke: :censor: :bs: :banned:

Jaguar
03-16-2005, 10:00 PM
The only way I'd want to trade in my MM for a newer version is if it had the 5.4L in it. The cobra engine wouldn't be enough. For the loss in cash, I'd rather just get a Vortech and get more performance for probably less than the loss in the trade.

rayjay
03-17-2005, 05:48 AM
The only way I'd want to trade in my MM for a newer version is if it had the 5.4L in it.
Bingo! :drool:

Bigdogjim
03-17-2005, 11:12 AM
I for one hope to see a new MM somewhere in the future. I put a lot of miles on mine, and it won't last forever. What am I going to replace it with, a ricer? :puke: :censor: :bs: :banned:
Hey with a good pm program we can keep it running for years:):):)

Mike Poore
03-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Bingo! :drool:
OK, try this on for size. Dennis, Lido, Kenny Brown, Wes, and others (sorry if I missed anyone) have done what would have cost Ford millions in R&D and have perfected the chassis and suspension bits of the Panther platform to a "T".

So, what's left for SVT to do? They know the 5.4 supercharged (A) Is nearly bullet-proof and runs like a bat out of hell, and they can get it through EPA emissions standards. It seems to me, all they have to do is drop one of the 5.4's in a Crown Vic, add a driveshaft, control arms, brakes & such, and they have the car the Marauder could have become. Taa --daa ...instant super car. :twocents:

Sully008
03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
OK, try this on for size. Dennis, Lido, Kenny Brown, Wes, and others (sorry if I missed anyone) have done what would have cost Ford millions in R&D and have perfected the chassis and suspension bits of the Panther platform to a "T".

So, what's left for SVT to do? They know the 5.4 supercharged (A) Is nearly bullet-proof and runs like a bat out of hell, and they can get it through EPA emissions standards. It seems to me, all they have to do is drop one of the 5.4's in a Crown Vic, add a driveshaft, control arms, brakes & such, and they have the car the Marauder could have become. Taa --daa ...instant super car. :twocents:

I second this motion! But isn't the 5.4L a nasty bit of work to fit into the engine bay? Ah, if they could cram a 429 into a '69 Mustang, they can stuff this in our Panthers.

But, knowing Ford, I'll bet they pimp out a ghetto fabulous ****nit Navigator. Or better yet, that new Mark LT. Just 'cuz they can.
:puke: