PDA

View Full Version : Car Craft Magazine slams the Marauder

Donny Carlson
03-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Nothing like being a suscriber and having a magazine piss on the car you love.

Anyway, the May, 2005 issue of Car Craft (Loud, Fast, Real) has this on page 13, next to the pic of a CV P71 in the Reader's Pages section.

HE'S PICKING OUR BONE

I have been reading CAR CRAFT for a long time and I have a big bone to pick with your writers. Your cop-car articles are pretty good but they're Chevy, Chevy, Chevy and one small mention of Ford. This despite the fact that Chevy hasn't even made a rear-drive service car in nearly ten years. You're a lot more likely to find a good buy on a P71 Crown Vic than an LT1 Caprice. The P71s are essentially Mercury Marauders with less weight and a much smaller price tag, and it seems everyone can't say enough nice things about the Marauder.

Aaron Workman via email

People say nice things about late model Marauders? P71s are certainly nice cruisers and excellent beaters, but they run like a two-legged dog. No amount of speed parts makes 281 ci really happy about dragging 3,800 pounds.

Here's Car Craft's email address: CarCraft@primedia.com

I thing they need a few photos of s/c Marauders sent in and the editors "educated" about the Marauder.

mailing address: 6420 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048

HwyCruiser
03-17-2005, 08:00 PM
To heck with the pics, let's spam 'em with Billy's Trilogy burnout contest video! :uzi:

ncmm
03-17-2005, 08:02 PM
CarCraft?:bs:

I love my Marauder :D

tmac1337
03-17-2005, 08:03 PM
To heck with the pics, let's spam 'em with Billy's Trilogy burnout contest video! :uzi:

That's a great idea!

MarauderMark
03-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Nothing like being a suscriber and having a magazine piss on the car you love.

Anyway, the May, 2005 issue of Car Craft (Loud, Fast, Real) has this on page 13, next to the pic of a CV P71 in the Reader's Pages section.

HE'S PICKING OUR BONE

I have been reading CAR CRAFT for a long time and I have a big bone to pick with your writers. Your cop-car articles are pretty good but they're Chevy, Chevy, Chevy and one small mention of Ford. This despite the fact that Chevy hasn't even made a rear-drive service car in nearly ten years. You're a lot more likely to find a good buy on a P71 Crown Vic than an LT1 Caprice. The P71s are essentially Mercury Marauders with less weight and a much smaller price tag, and it seems everyone can't say enough nice things about the Marauder.

Aaron Workman via email

People say nice things about late model Marauders? P71s are certainly nice cruisers and excellent beaters, but they run like a two-legged dog. No amount of speed parts makes 281 ci really happy about dragging 3,800 pounds.

Here's Car Craft's email address: CarCraft@primedia.com

I thing they need a few photos of s/c Marauders sent in and the editors "educated" about the Marauder.

mailing address: 6420 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90048

Allready done ..He just doesn't know enough about the Marauder.He has to be nicely educated...:up:

teamrope
03-17-2005, 08:20 PM

What ^^^He^^^ said. :stupid:

TheDealer
03-17-2005, 08:48 PM
I stopped reading "CHEVYCRAFT" 25 years ago!!!!

Joe Walsh
03-17-2005, 09:11 PM

LOL....

That's what I call that magazine! (though sometimes I call it "ChevyCrap")

Ray, that's exactly what I did...I cancelled my subscription to 'ChevyCraft' many years ago!!!

Why waste your time arguing with those guys at 'ChevyCrap'?

chasrein01
03-17-2005, 09:25 PM
That's ok, have you checked the weight of the new Mustang? It's listed around 3500 lbs according to Ford. The difference between that and our cars aren't really all that much when you start to add the extra power we will add. Besides, I doubt the editor could tell the difference between a Crown Vic and a Marauder! Seems like the guy that wrote in couldn't either!

maraudernkc
03-17-2005, 09:44 PM
The 2003 Cobra weight is even more at 3800 lbs.

That's ok, have you checked the weight of the new Mustang? It's listed around 3500 lbs according to Ford. The difference between that and our cars aren't really all that much when you start to add the extra power we will add. Besides, I doubt the editor could tell the difference between a Crown Vic and a Marauder! Seems like the guy that wrote in couldn't either!

B.C. Bake
03-17-2005, 10:12 PM
What is it with car craft..:mad2: I droped the mag about 3 years ago, but I do like super rod.:) I had to special order it here in las vegas though, you guys got me going on it ever since the MM article in March addition and read the rest and really liked it.:beer:

dwasson
03-17-2005, 10:29 PM
That's ok, have you checked the weight of the new Mustang? It's listed around 3500 lbs according to Ford. The difference between that and our cars aren't really all that much when you start to add the extra power we will add.

Yeah but the average Marauder driver is probably carrying some extra pounds too.

Mike Poore
03-18-2005, 01:40 AM

We call it "Camarocraft", down this way, Ray. You know, up front, their agenda, and editorial policy. Too bad for them they've run out of cars to talk about. For sure, the only Chevys worth noting, these days are Corvettes, and the Vette guys are too high brow to read that rag. Color 'em .....gone. :banned:

Mike Poore
03-18-2005, 01:46 AM
Yeah but the average Marauder driver is probably carrying some extra pounds too.
Trouble is, Dan, some of us have the most trouble getting OUT of 'em. No offence intended; but I'd like to see the BigDog try one of 'em on. :rofl:

RoyLPita
03-18-2005, 04:39 AM

You got my vote for that.

O's Fan Rich
03-18-2005, 05:32 AM
Have not subcribed to that rag in years.They probably saw this site, heard about the exciting things MM's are doing and are trying to get our attention. I ain't falling for it.
Pizz-off Car Crust!!!

wchain
03-18-2005, 08:27 AM
The P71s are essentially Mercury Marauders with less weight and a much smaller price tag, and it seems everyone can't say enough nice things about the Marauder.

Aaron Workman via email

Essentially a Mercury marauder? Minus the 32 V Motor.....

Merc-O-matic
03-18-2005, 09:34 AM
Didn't know that running in the mid 11's (with blower) was like running
a "two legged dog".....thought it was more like kickin'
a Chevy's SS "cats ass"!

281 C.I.D. Gotta Love It! :coolman:

Bowman9
03-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Even the ford mags don't have much respect for our Marauders either.
Most of them are mustang crazy and when they do mention a non mustang vehicle they make it sound like a pitty date.

But years from now the same mags will be saying how great the car's were and how they don't understand why the company pulled the plug on it.

dwasson
03-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Trouble is, Dan, some of us have the most trouble getting OUT of 'em. No offence intended; but I'd like to see the BigDog try one of 'em on. :rofl:

I would have liked to drive a Mustang too. But, unless my tailor can let it out a few inches, that isn't going to happen. I like not being able to touch all of the interior from the driver's seat.

jgc61sr2002
03-18-2005, 02:40 PM
IMO anyone with a subscription to that rag should cancel it and tell them why. That is one :bs: mag. A prime example of a writer not doing his/her homework.

Donny Carlson
03-18-2005, 06:32 PM
That Car Craft is published by Primedia Publications, the same outfit that pubishes Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

I suscribe to it because I enjoy reading it. I like it.

Notwithstanding the hiccup over Panthers and the Marauder.

Now, what needs to be done is to POLITELY email them or write to them and tell them about our cars. Send them or email them photos of some the marauders on this board. They are simply wrong about the car.

Sending them insulting emails calling them stupid douchebags won't accomplish much beyond annoying them, and making it less likley they'll publish something good. There's a section in the mag devoted to burnout photos and they encourage submissions. They love to print reader's car photos.

They say in the "Front Man" article that the magazine has been revamped to "bring back fun, truth, and balance..." so, let's see if they mean it.

www.Carcraft.com (http://www.Carcraft.com)

Carcraft@primedia.com

Car Craft Magazine
6430 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Bigdogjim
03-18-2005, 07:13 PM
Why me:)

Mac said it best at MVI .....

Big Dog does not get out a Marauder he takes it off:rofl:

Now remember I am running 15.1 with me driving and 300lb of crap in the trunk per Woeface:rofl:

texascorvette
03-18-2005, 09:47 PM
The C5's aren't that hard to get into and out of--and I'm damn near 59 years old.

black99lightnin
03-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Funny but isn't a stock Marauder faster than a stock Impala SS(94-96)?

David Morton
03-19-2005, 11:11 PM
That Car Craft is published by Primedia Publications, the same outfit that pubishes Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.

I suscribe to it because I enjoy reading it. I like it.

Notwithstanding the hiccup over Panthers and the Marauder.

Now, what needs to be done is to POLITELY email them or write to them and tell them about our cars. Send them or email them photos of some the marauders on this board. They are simply wrong about the car.

Sending them insulting emails calling them stupid douchebags won't accomplish much beyond annoying them, and making it less likley they'll publish something good. There's a section in the mag devoted to burnout photos and they encourage submissions. They love to print reader's car photos.

They say in the "Front Man" article that the magazine has been revamped to "bring back fun, truth, and balance..." so, let's see if they mean it.

www.Carcraft.com (http://www.carcraft.com/)

Carcraft@primedia.com

Car Craft Magazine
6430 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048Hear here.

Donny's right, they are ill-informed, assuming the Marauder is a P71, saying it's 3800 lbs, dumb.

We don't have to respond in suit. Trump their suit of dumb with the suit of truth.

Our car is a lot heavier than those P71's because we've got a lot more stuff than those P71's. Fully loaded, Town Car like interior; DOHC 32V engine; bigger tires and wheels with better suspension; Mercury took 1 part Grand Marquis and added 1 part Lincoln Town Car and 1 part Mustang Mach 1.

Who could ask for anything more? We who drive them think they're the best cars ever made, for the money. Oh, I would accept a new Lexus as a gift, but I might very well sell it to buy a second Marauder!

teamrope
03-19-2005, 11:17 PM
I would accept a new Lexus as a gift, but I might very well sell it to buy a second Marauder!

Lexus? Isn't that like a Toyota?

David Morton
03-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Lexus? Isn't that like a Toyota?A very expensive Toyota.

Bradley G
03-19-2005, 11:54 PM
Ah..So!:stooges:

Bradley G

A very expensive Toyota.

Krytin
03-20-2005, 06:50 AM
I would have liked to drive a Mustang too. But, unless my tailor can let it out a few inches, that isn't going to happen. I like not being able to touch all of the interior from the driver's seat. I hear that bro - I like the XXL size of the MM's!

Eric91Z
03-20-2005, 07:58 AM
I would have liked to drive a Mustang too. But, unless my tailor can let it out a few inches, that isn't going to happen. I like not being able to touch all of the interior from the driver's seat.

I agree with this. Let the Mustang out a few inches, add another set of doors and give it a bigger trunk. Ohh, wait, I guess that would be the Marauder, now, wouldn't it??? Guess that is why I want one.

FastMerc
03-20-2005, 08:34 AM
This is the way I look at it LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT,and fortunantly it will leave a lot of cars behind.The Marauder is here and we have them and no one is sure just what we have under the hood,I can tell when I pull up to a lite at an intersection that people know its a car to be reconed with.Certain rag mags may not see it that way.They might not be part of the elite to owne one RIGHT!:nono: So we are here to stay,and thats the way it is March 20 2005 Good day!

Mike Poore
03-21-2005, 07:01 AM
The C5's aren't that hard to get into and out of--and I'm damn near 59 years old.
Heck, texas, it's not an age thing, just look at Gordon B, who's very agile, but no kid; my trouble is size. I'm 6'4, 270, and look like a midget next to the BigDog.

Now I'm wondering how many of us are driving MM's because of our size? Think I'll start a poll. But first, Has anyone done one in the past? :)

dwasson
03-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Now I'm wondering how many of us are driving MM's because of our size? Think I'll start a poll. But first, Has anyone done one in the past? :)

On the Car Guys site (Click and Clack on NPR) they have owner surveys. One question that they ask is if you are bigger than average. I'd love to have a Honda S2000 but, until I can drop 100 pounds that isn't likely to happen.