PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Greed run amuk!!!

Rob1559
03-20-2005, 06:24 PM
I had some time so I visited Ricart Ford in Columbus. I thought they might have a leftover 04 Mach I. No such luck. They are a Saleen dealer and I saw a nice blue Mustang. I went inside to look at an 05 Mustang GT.

Imagine my excitement to see a Ford GT in white with blue stripes. Beautiful! The car had optional wheels, stereo and red calipers so it was priced at $157,000 on the sticker. Fair price in my opinion.

THEN I saw the extra DEALER MARK-UP sticker on the window. They had ADDED $142,000 to the price for a total of $299,000!!!!! Kiss my a$$!!!! That is pure greed. I am in retail and I find that unexceptable. There is no way I could talk the wife into $157,000 in the first place. Let me end this by saying that no one in their right mind should buy a d@mn thing from Ricart Ford because this truely shows their colors!

Rant over.

STLR FN
03-20-2005, 06:35 PM
While I find the 142K mark up a little.... well alot excessive, it's not really illegal. Just the supply of law and demand. Big demand/short supply= big mark up. In this case there's not alot of demand for it from us po' folk.

Rob1559
03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
I understand dealer mark-up but that is obscene. This dealer has had large court settlements against them in the past.

Wagonmaster
03-20-2005, 06:47 PM
THEN I saw the extra DEALER MARK-UP sticker on the window. They had ADDED $142,000 to the price for a total of $299,000!!!!! Kiss my a$$!!!! That is pure greed. I am in retail and I find that unexceptable.

Its really inconsequential to guys like us who will never be able to afford such a machine, however I see your point. Of more concern to guys like us is that most dealers are doing the same thing with the new 05 GT Mustang. I have been dickering with 11 dealers in the Puget Sound area and only two are willing to sell a custom ordered GT it at MSRP. All other's have them marked up from $1,500 to $3,500 and they WILL NOT budge.

The best way to combat this is to never give them my business. My .02.

GT

MENINBLK
03-20-2005, 06:59 PM
My Dealer had a 05 GT on the floor for about a week.
It was roped off with signs posted, "We appreciate your interest but please do not touch."
The owner was NOT planning on selling it.
He wanted one for the business, and it was going to be a showroom 'showpiece'.

That was until customers started giving him offers.
He got an offer from a customer to buy the car for $250,000.
Needless to say, that was sold, and another was brought in.
But for a dealer to ASK for this kind of money, for this vehicle,
you will find that this will be pretty much the norm for the GT.

ctrcbob
03-20-2005, 07:32 PM
05 Mustang GT's: I purchased my 03 MM three weeks ago from Mullinax Ford-Mercury (no Lincoln) (a one price - no dickering dealer) in New Smyrna Beach, FL and I asked the salesperson if they were discounting the 05 GT's. He said yes, but I did not ask by how much. However a friend of mine purchased a Gray 05 GT at their other store, Mullinax Ford, in Apopka FL, and he got his for close to $2000.00 under sticker.

FastMerc
03-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Are thses cars made of gold,what are these people thinking:bs: :lol: