PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Update.

Long Live #3
03-21-2005, 09:37 AM
(NEXTEL Cup)
Edwards edges Johnson to win Golden Corral 500.

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/cup/03/20/cedwards_atl.ap/index.html

HAMPTON, Ga. -- Carl Edwards climbed out of his car, balanced himself on the window ledge, gave a quick glance over his shoulder to make sure all was clear, then launched into the air backward.

(Busch Grand National)
Edwards starts first, finishes first at AMS.

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/bg/03/19/bc.car.nascar.busch.ap/index.html

HAMPTON, Ga. (AP) -- Carl Edwards is trying to speed up his learning curve by racing in two grueling series at the same time. So far, his busy schedule is working out just fine. Edwards raced to his first NASCAR Busch Series victory Saturday, holding off several Nextel Cup stars in the Aaron's 312 at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

(Craftsman Truck)
Hornaday edges Labonte to win Atlanta truck race.

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/truck/03/18/bc.car.nascar.atlantatr.ap/index.html

HAMPTON, Ga. (AP) -- Ron Hornaday Jr. won the 27th truck race of his career with the third-closest finish in series history, edging Bobby Labonte by about a foot at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Friday night. Hornaday appeared to be pulling away in the closing laps of the World Financial 200, but pole-sitter Rick Crawford slammed into the wall on the next-to-last lap. After the debris was cleared, the green came out for a two-lap sprint to the finish.

MENINBLK
03-21-2005, 10:43 AM
IMO, this race sucked...

The top contenders couldn't get 1 lap on the track without a major accident.
I think they need to make the restrictor plate a litle more restrictive...

metroplex
03-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Forget the restrictor plates... put the real world engines into each car and see how well they run! :D :D

Bluerauder
03-21-2005, 11:37 AM
IMO, this race sucked...
It was nice to see a new face (Carl Edwards) up in Victory Circle. :D But, it was really difficult for me to watch a race where the #88 was 2 laps down and fighting between 25th and 26th place. Understand that Jarrett finished in 23rd ... but the only time I got to see his car was when he was running near someone in the top 5 (albeit several laps behind.) :( Ever since the #88 went with the Brown and Yellow paint scheme, he has been running *****t#. Coincidence ... I think not. :rofl:

prchrman
03-21-2005, 01:13 PM
At least Jerk Gordum did not win and hows about that E jr....really great year going...B.E. needs to watch from his home in Dawsonville and let some young kids have a chance...just like all the big boys drop back and run GN...it's just not right IMNSHO...willie

MENINBLK
03-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Forget the restrictor plates... put the real world engines into each car and see how well they run! :D :D

If you forgot restricter plates altogether, I don't think any of them would make it past turn one.

GodOSpeed
03-21-2005, 02:47 PM
The last lap lived up to the great last lap finishes that weve come to expect from Atlanta. Had me on the edge of my seat then jumping around giving the 'war woops'!!
Roush Racing has it going on right now 4 cars in the top five. The Cat in the Hat designed the intake in our very own Marauders. So we all own a piece of the Nascar pie!
That kid better start practicing his back flips. I think he's going to have alot more to do. :up:
PS Alanta is not a restrictor plate track. Daytona and Talladaga are the only ones. Making Atlanta the fastest cup race.

Bluerauder
03-21-2005, 04:14 PM
The last lap lived up to the great last lap finishes that weve come to expect from Atlanta. Had me on the edge of my seat then jumping around giving the 'war woops'!!
Agreed ^^^^^ :2thumbs: Even Jimmy Johnson didn't know how Edwards was able to keep that car under him on old tires in the high groove. Of course, he was leaning pretty heavily on Johnson's right side while muscling past him to take the checkers. Great finish !!!! :banana2:

Paul T. Casey
03-21-2005, 06:03 PM
May have to revise my champion pick, this Edwards kid seems real. His mom is kind of nice too!

Long Live #3
03-21-2005, 10:19 PM
They don't use restrictor plates at Atlanta. They only use them at Daytona and Talladega.

Vortex
03-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Im a big Wood Bros fan and I felt so bad for Ricky Rudd. I think he had a pretty good shot at winning (he was running 5th when something broke). Damn.