PDA

View Full Version : The future of Ford and Chevy Performance

bigslim
03-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Here is an article that is on the Motor Trend website. It speaks of a high performance Sport Trac called the Adrenilin. It will have a 390 hp supercharged engine. Read on http://motortrend.com/features/news/112_news64/

Bigdogjim
03-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Well I have it on good word that Ford --SVT--will do a Lightning before the Mustang:):):)

2006:2thumbs:

Silver_04
03-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Isn't Ford supposed to finally show the new Cobra at the New York auto show?

jgc61sr2002
03-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Isn't Ford supposed to finally show the new Cobra at the New York auto show?

The NY Show starts this week.

Todd
03-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Well I have it on good word that Ford --SVT--will do a Lightning before the Mustang:):):)

2006:2thumbs:

I think a lot of people are getting conflicting results.... The Mustang will be first followed shortly by a ramp up on the Lightning....

Here is something cut/pasted from correspondence from SVT directly (supposedly, I didnt get it so take EVERYTHING with a grain of salt)

"

March 4, 2005

Get Your Sneak Peek!

Dear SVTOA member,

Now is your chance to get a "Sneak Peek" of the next SVT Mustang BEFORE its reveal at the New York Auto Show in Manhattan, NY.

Twenty (20) lucky SVTOA Members will be invited to attend a "Reveal Event" of the next SVT Mustang at a TOP-SECRET location in Manhattan, NY the afternoon of Tuesday March 22, 2005. Winners will be notified of the specific event location and times when prizes are awarded to ensure complete secrecy.

You can be the first to check out what SVT is revealing to the automotive press at the New York Auto Show later in the week. Key SVT representatives will be on hand during the event.

Don't miss out on this Exclusive SVTOA opportunity! "

Bigdogjim
03-21-2005, 10:16 PM
I think a lot of people are getting conflicting results.... The Mustang will be first followed shortly by a ramp up on the Lightning....

We'll see soon enough :burnout:

QWK SVT
03-22-2005, 06:02 PM
We'll see soon enough :burnout:
Give up the goods! What are you holding back?:confused:

I've heard of some "refinements" that will be made to the F150, in another year, or maybe even two. I can't see SVT releasing anything, until the platform has stabilized, and won't change for a least a three-year timeframe.

Donny Carlson
03-22-2005, 09:57 PM
I
Twenty (20) lucky SVTOA Members will be invited to attend a "Reveal Event" of the next SVT Mustang at a TOP-SECRET location in Manhattan, NY the afternoon of Tuesday March 22, 2005. Winners will be notified of the specific event location and times when prizes are awarded to ensure complete secrecy.

You can be the first to check out what SVT is revealing to the automotive press at the New York Auto Show later in the week. Key SVT representatives will be on hand during the event.

Don't miss out on this Exclusive SVTOA opportunity! "
Go look at "the other Todd"'s thread on the SVT Cobra. Apparently somebody who attended this preview has posted photos on Stangnet. As you can see in the thread in the post I made, at that event was the SVT Sport Trac mentioned by Bigslim. So, there it is. The unveiling at the New York Auto Show will be the SVT Shelby GT500 "Cobra" and the SVT Sport Trac Adrenilin.

Autoweek said that eventually SVT will have five products, so expect three more vehicles, the Lightning for sure and probably a Mercury and Lincoln (the article mentioned that SVT would be doing vehicles for the other two divisions as well).