PDA

View Full Version : MM vs Silverado SS on 22s.....

wchain
03-23-2005, 02:19 PM
:rofl:
So I was going to lunch today in the MM (I know I usually only drive it on Fridays, but the weather was nice). So I had stopped at a stop light with my co worker (who makes fun of my "Grandpa Car") and this electric blue Silverado SS with some 22" Spinning Rims pulls up next to me. Its some younger guy (around my age) with his buddy, dressed in a suits, trying to look cool in his bling mobile.

I Turn my AC off (for that extra few horses), click off TC, and make sure OD is off. He's revving his truck up, I dont do anything. The light turns green and we take off, neck and neck until about 3500 RPM, I pull ahead a little and then when I hit 2nd Gear, I'm gone.

I look in the mirror and his buddy is laughing at him and he's got this pi$$ed off look on his face. At the next light the guy wouldn't even look at us.

My co worker just said "Damn." :D

Sully008
03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
So I was going to lunch today in the MM (I know I usually only drive it on Fridays, but the weather was nice). So I had stopped at a stop light with my co worker (who makes fun of my "Grandpa Car") and this electric blue Silverado SS with some 22" Spinning Rims pulls up next to me. Its some younger guy (around my age) with his buddy, dressed in a suits, trying to look cool in his bling mobile.

I Turn my AC off (for that extra few horses), click off TC, and make sure OD is off. He's revving his truck up, I dont do anything. The light turns green and we take off, neck and neck until about 3500 RPM, I pull ahead a little and then when I hit 2nd Gear, I'm gone.

I look in the mirror and his buddy is laughing at him and he's got this pi$$ed off look on his face. At the next light the guy wouldn't even look at us.

Nice kill! All these kill stories floating around are making me jealous!
:mad2: Gotta get rid of these darn 2.73 gears in my CV. Maybe find a way to put on a kenne bell or something... :D

MarauderMark
03-23-2005, 04:00 PM

Should've hollered "Excuse me do you have any Grey poupon"! :lol:

CBT
03-23-2005, 05:42 PM
You should have asked "What's the SS stand for?"

Haggis
03-23-2005, 06:18 PM

Supper Slow....nice kill Wes. Now all you need is little ss flag to put under your drive's side window.

jgc61sr2002
03-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Wes - Way to go. :D Congrats. :up:

Marauderman
03-23-2005, 06:25 PM
eh...standing still maybe??

Mike Poore
03-24-2005, 08:10 AM
...My co worker just said "Damn." :D
Thanks Wes, :burn: I just love kill stories, ...Barb too.. :lovies:

She's always smoking ricers in her "grandma's" Aviator.

Remember "The Little Old Lady From Pasadina", Well, it's a town near Balmer, not California, and it was Barb. :D

RoyLPita
03-24-2005, 08:44 AM

It means Stupid Schmuck for racing a MM and thinking of winning.

Haggis
03-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Thanks Wes, :burn: I just love kill stories, ...Barb too.. :lovies:

She's always smoking ricers in her "grandma's" Aviator.

Remember "The Little Old Lady From Pasadina", Well, it's a town near Balmer, not California, and it was Barb. :D

..that you called Barb a 'Little Old Lady'...:nono:

Man are you going to be in trouble when you get home...:bop: :alone:
:corner:

MENINBLK
03-24-2005, 09:55 AM

You should have told him to ask this question...

"Hey Buddy, Whatcha got in there, a HEMI ???" :rofl:

Mike Poore
03-24-2005, 11:21 AM
..that you called Barb a 'Little Old Lady'...:nono:

Man are you going to be in trouble when you get home...:bop: :alone:
:corner:
I won't divulge her age, but we were in High school together. And, before some smartypants asks; no, I wasn't her teacher. :)

deerejoe
03-25-2005, 03:47 AM
..... and this electric blue Silverado SS with some 22" Spinning Rims pulls up next to me. Its some younger guy (around my age) with his buddy, dressed in a suits, trying to look cool in his bling mobile.

...... :D

You were VERY LUCKY he didn't turn OFF the spinning wheel covers to get that EXTRA 'boost' of power...that alone can ADD an additional 61 HP to the rear wheels and ALMOST 40 more HP to the FRONT wheels!!!!!!!

Silverado's are the BADDEST, man.....be careful.

Haggis
03-25-2005, 06:14 AM
I won't divulge her age, but we were in High school together. And, before some smartypants asks; no, I wasn't her teacher. :)

She told me you were the Vice Principle. :P

LordVader
03-25-2005, 06:52 AM
:beer: Nice kill Wes! What was even better you had a witness and so did the "Slow Sucker". When he get to his office his buddy will have a story to tell about the "Grandpa" car that kicked his buddy's ass!

QWK SVT
03-25-2005, 08:06 AM
Good kill! :up:

The SS, while a nice comfortable vehicle, is way overpriced, for the performance (or lack thereof), in my book. Mid-15's, without the extra weight of the 22" rolling stock...:rolleyes: