PDA

View Full Version : NYC wins bid for 2010 Superbowl?

TechHeavy
03-24-2005, 01:31 PM
New York City has won the bid for the 2010 Superbowl. However, as a condition to the deal the game will be played in the brand new stadium in..... Manhattan! Another goal is to host the Olympic games at a later date.

Ok, my question is, Where the he** are they going to build a stadium in Manhattan? What are they going to tear down to do it.... there's no room otherwise! Am I right? Does anyone have more information on this? Amazing! And they're going to do this in 5 years??? :eek:

jgc61sr2002
03-24-2005, 02:40 PM
New York City has won the bid for the 2010 Superbowl. However, as a condition to the deal the game will be played in the brand new stadium in..... Manhattan! Another goal is to host the Olympic games at a later date.

Ok, my question is, Where the he** are they going to build a stadium in Manhattan? What are they going to tear down to do it.... there's no room otherwise! Am I right? Does anyone have more information on this? Amazing! And they're going to do this in 5 years??? :eek:

There was talk of building a stadium over a railroad storage yard.

Marauderman
03-24-2005, 04:23 PM
It should be obvious that it's a DOME stadium....right????...duh!!!! ! Can't have SNOW for the BOWL........

VERN
03-25-2005, 05:26 AM
The plan is to build the stadium over the Long Island Railroad storage yards on the West Side of Manhattan. It would be between 11th Ave & 12th Ave just South of the Jacob Javits Convention Center (where the NY Auto Show starts today.)

Vernon

martyo
03-25-2005, 05:42 AM
The plan is to build the stadium over the Long Island Railroad storage yards on the West Side of Manhattan. It would be between 11th Ave & 12th Ave just South of the Jacob Javits Convention Center (where the NY Auto Show starts today.)

Vernon

Just what NYC needs another terorist threat magnet that will create more traffic. I am all for it. Oh, and the Olympics in 2012. That too.

TechHeavy
03-25-2005, 10:35 AM

Vernon
Thanks for the full story. That explains the "where?". So I guess the Jets will call it "home field" with the Giants still at the Meadowlands?