PDA

View Full Version : Re: The found pinkie at Wendey's?

Mike Poore
03-25-2005, 08:17 AM
:eek: It's all over the news, today. Some poor lady found someone's finger in her chili. By way of careful, investigation, the authorities could not find the owner of the lost digit amongst it's workers, or suppliers.

I don't understand why no one else has offered this explanation, but I'm sure I know where it, the lost finger, came from, and will solve one of the great mysteries of the century:

It's Jimmy Hoffa! :rofl:

MarauderMark
03-25-2005, 08:23 AM
Chili is that what it was found in or is that the name of the person that was made into it :puke: :puke: Boyee thank god i only eat the frostys from there...

MARAUDERCHICK
03-25-2005, 08:27 AM
:eek: It's all over the news, today. Some poor lady found someone's finger in her chili. By way of careful, investigation, the authorities could not find the owner of the lost digit amongst it's workers, or suppliers.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_5.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)

:laugh:

I don't understand why no one else has offered this explanation, but I'm sure I know where it, the lost finger, came from, and will solve one of the great mysteries of the century:

MERCMAN
03-25-2005, 08:37 AM
Her main complaint was she didn't order the finger sandwiches. :rofl:

She must have been at the Jeffrey Dahmer buffet.

hitchhiker
03-25-2005, 08:59 AM

It must have been a digital error!

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Bluerauder
03-25-2005, 09:36 AM
:eek: ... Some poor lady found someone's finger in her chili.
Sounds like someone else out to cash in on the "Free Money" Lawsuit gravy train. :rolleyes: Better check to see whether her husband still has all his equipment. :rofl:

Are you sure that you read the caption on the story correctly? "Wendy's gives Woman the finger !!!"
:laugh:

Joe Walsh
03-25-2005, 10:17 AM
"The Police asked who had done it....but no one would point the finger...."

Rider90
03-25-2005, 11:24 AM
The next person to come up with a witty one liner gets it from Mittens...
http://www.clubsenegal.homestead.com/files/ClubSN_Humour_Sniper_Kitty.jpg

Merc-O-matic
03-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Did the Chili need any "hot Sauce"?

Gotta Love It! :flamer:

TechHeavy
03-25-2005, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't eat the chilli from Wendy's anyway, (even fingerless). I worked there as a cook when in High School. The meat... uh, (maybe I shouldn't be libelous). Just trust me... :puke:

Directedby
03-25-2005, 12:10 PM
In this black and white photo released by the Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health in San Jose, Calif., Thursday, March 24, 2005 shows a portion of a human finger that a woman says she found while eating a bowl of chili at Wendys Restaurant in San Jose, Calif., on Tuesday. Photo was taken on Wednesday, March 23, 2005. (AP Photo/Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050324/capt.caps10403242220.finger_fo od_caps104.jpg

roman
03-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Sounds like some "finger"pointing goin on!:bs: :censor: :argue:

Rider90
03-25-2005, 12:23 PM
She sure chewed on it for awhile...

Joe Walsh
03-25-2005, 01:22 PM
\=-OTE=Directedby]In this black and white photo released by the Santa lara County Department of Environmental Health in San Jose, Calif., Thursday, March 24, 2005 shows a portion of a human finger that a woman says she found while eating a bowl of chili at Wendys Restaurant in San Jose, Calif., on Tuesday. Photo was taken on Wednesday, March 23, 2005. (AP Photo/Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050324/capt.caps10403242220.finger_fo od_caps104.jpg[/QUOTE]

What the heck is on the left???....A mutant Bulldog?! :puke:

Joe Walsh
03-25-2005, 01:23 PM
The next person to come up with a witty one liner gets it from Mittens...
http://www.clubsenegal.homestead.com/files/ClubSN_Humour_Sniper_Kitty.jpg

Investigators looking for the person who lost their finger are STUMPED.... :D

Rider90
03-25-2005, 01:29 PM
I have just been informed Mittens will not be able to kill you. Yet. He is currently negotiating on the release of his brother currently being held captive.
http://www.cen.uiuc.edu/~kuanlin/Gun&Cat.jpg
:P
The difference in hair color is obvious, as Mitten's mother mated with her boss.

I need something to do today.

merc406
03-25-2005, 01:34 PM
.........Could be a case of "Soilent Green"....... :D

Joe Walsh
03-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Whew! Thank Goodness....I appreciate Mitten's forgiving nature!

BTW, What kind of 'HEAT' is Mittens packin'?

Rider90
03-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Looks like a paint ball gun, a very small one...and a bullet proof crotch star :confused:

mcb26
03-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Just in from cnn.
U.N. report points finger at Syria

jgc61sr2002
03-25-2005, 02:32 PM
No wonder the chilli to tastes sooo gooood. :rofl:

mcb26
03-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Whew! Thank Goodness....I appreciate Mitten's forgiving nature!

BTW, What kind of 'HEAT' is Mittens packin'?

Looks like a Catling gun.
I'm sorry I'm sitting here at work,it's late friday,and its sunshine and 70 deg outside. I want to go home

Mike Poore
03-26-2005, 04:42 AM
Looks like a Catling gun.
I'm sorry I'm sitting here at work,it's late friday,and its sunshine and 70 deg outside. I want to go home
CATLING gun? :laugh:

Sorry you had to work late, um, you might want to stop by Wendy's on the way home for a bowl of Chili. I'm sure the remaining pieces-parts are lurking out there, somewhere. It's gonna be like the 1990 7-UP/Ford Mustang promotion, with the phony bottle top campaign. I can see the print ads now: "Find the rest of Jimmy Hoffa; win a million dollars"

Petrograde
03-26-2005, 05:36 AM
.........Could be a case of "Soilent Green"....... :D

"Soilent Green is people!"

merc406
03-26-2005, 07:49 PM
"Soilent Green is people!"

......Well it was a "human" finger, the rest who know's...... :bandit:

mpearce
03-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Have the authorities "fingered" this out yet??

-Mat

Mard
03-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Did she say it was "finger lickin good". :puke:

Oh that would be KFC.

Bluerauder
04-09-2005, 05:36 AM
:eek: It's all over the news, today. Some poor lady found someone's finger in her chili.
Update in today's local paper ..... the woman with the "finger chili" has filed at least a half-a-dozen lawsuits in the recent past against fast food establishments, car dealerships, and employers (sexual harrassment) that were dismissed or unfounded. Surprise, surprise !!! :rolleyes: Seems that she has been playing the Lawsuit Lottery for a while. :mad:

Mark .... I think it's OK to get the chili at Wendy's again. Promise. :rofl:

dwasson
04-09-2005, 08:28 AM
When I was a kid I was an assistant manager at McD's. Terrible job. I got fired when a man and wife came back to the counter to complain that the wife's milkshake had a piece of plastic in it. I responded by saying, "And your husband thinks it's unfair that he didn't get one too?"

Like I said, it was a terrible job.

dwasson
04-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Dropping lawsuit due to "great emotional distress," also known as "getting caught lying.
______________________________ __________

Woman Who Claims She Found Finger in Wendy's Chili Won't Sue Fast-Food Chain

The Associated Press
Apr. 13, 2005 - A woman who claimed she scooped up a human finger along with her chili at a Wendy's restaurant has decided not to sue the fast-food chain.

Anna Ayala dropped her claim because it "has caused her great emotional distress and continues to be difficult emotionally," said her attorney, Jeffrey Janoff.

Ayala, 39, claimed she found the 1 1/2-inch long fingertip on March 22 while dining at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose. She later filed a claim with the franchise owner, Fresno-based JEM Management Corp., which her attorney had said was the first step before filing a lawsuit.

Phone calls to Ayala's house went unanswered Tuesday. Investigators searched her Las Vegas home last week as part of their investigation into how a finger ended up in the chili.

Wendy's spokesman Denny Lynch declined to comment on Ayala's decision to drop the lawsuit but said a reward hot line to receive tips will remain open. Wendy's has offered $50,000 to the first person who can provide verifiable information that identifies the origin of the finger.

"It's very important to us to find out what really happened at the restaurant," Lynch said. "We will continue to fully cooperate with the police investigation."

Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food chain in its ingredients. None of the employees at the San Jose store had lost any fingers, and no suppliers of Wendy's ingredients reported any hand or finger injuries, the company said.

The Santa Clara County coroner's office used a partial fingerprint to search for a match in an electronic database but came up empty. DNA testing is still being conducted on the finger.

Bluerauder
04-13-2005, 07:02 AM
Dropping lawsuit due to "great emotional distress," also known as "getting caught lying.
______________________________ __________

Wendy's spokesman Denny Lynch declined to comment on Ayala's decision to drop the lawsuit but said a reward hot line to receive tips will remain open. Wendy's has offered $50,000 to the first person who can provide verifiable information that identifies the origin of the finger.
I hope that they don't find out that this woman worked as a night security or cleaning service at a funeral home. :puke:

duhtroll
04-13-2005, 07:51 AM
A friend of mine got fired from McDonald's after the following drive thru dialogue:

(Customer - rather large woman): "I'll have a #3 and a #5 meal, both super-sized, 3 apple pies and two chocolate sundaes - and a small diet coke."

(Employee, noticing only one person in the car, and this particular McDs is at a highway rest area)

(under his beath but audible in speaker)

"Geez! You want a trough with that?"

After the woman heard him, the rest is history, and so was he.

-A

lshultz
04-13-2005, 09:56 AM
A "reward hotline to reciev tips will stay open".........seems Wendy's has a sense of humor...or maybe not... :banana: :)

Bluerauder
04-13-2005, 11:49 AM
A "reward hotline to reciev tips will stay open".........seems Wendy's has a sense of humor...or maybe not... :banana: :)
I had to read that twice before it sank in .... Ha, ha, tips ... :rofl:

Mike Poore
04-13-2005, 12:43 PM
I had to read that twice before it sank in .... Ha, ha, tips ... :rofl:Charlie, I hear they're exhuming the body of her recently deceased aunt to check for missing digits. Seems the authorities suspect that Ms. Anna Ayala may have helped herself to one or more of 'em for future needs. :rolleyes:

Bluerauder
04-14-2005, 06:53 AM
Charlie, I hear they're exhuming the body of her recently deceased aunt to check for missing digits. :rolleyes:
Have not heard that. :dunno: But, if it's true ... that is one sick woman. :puke:

twolow
04-15-2005, 03:15 PM
A update in todays news:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Wendy's International Inc. on Friday doubled to $100,000 the reward it is offering for information on the origin of a human finger found last month in a bowl of chili at one of its restaurants.

In a statement, Wendy's President and Chief Operating Officer Tom Mueller said the company's franchisees and employees have "done nothing wrong, yet they are paying a severe price with sales down significantly" in the San Jose, California, area where the incident occurred.

Some of the franchisees have laid off workers or reduced workers' hours, the company said.

"Our brand reputation has been affected nationally," Mueller added. "We are determined to find out what really happened in this incident."

Wendy's has said repeatedly that its own investigation into the matter found no evidence of any finger or hand accidents among any of its workers or suppliers. The workers also passed lie detector tests, the company said on Friday.

Anna Ayala, the woman who said last month she found a finger in her bowl of Wendy's chili, is no longer pursuing a legal claim against Wendy's, the company said, citing media reports. She is also no longer being represented by San Jose personal injury attorney Jeffrey Janoff, who had been handling her case, his office said on Friday.

Ayala could not immediately be reached for comment.

Media reports last week said Ayala's home in Las Vegas was searched by the police as part of the investigation into the incident. San Jose police officials said a search warrant had indeed been issued but declined to give further details on either the location or outcome of the search.

Mike Poore
04-22-2005, 05:06 AM
Update in today's local paper ..... the woman with the "finger chili" has filed at least a half-a-dozen lawsuits in the recent past against fast food establishments, car dealerships, and employers (sexual harrassment) that were dismissed or unfounded. Surprise, surprise !!! :rolleyes: Seems that she has been playing the Lawsuit Lottery for a while. :mad:

Mark .... I think it's OK to get the chili at Wendy's again. Promise. :rofl:
There's more: The perp has been arrested. Looks like Anna's little game's up. :rolleyes:

Gunslinger
04-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Looks like the finger was a plant after all; please resume your normal Wendy's chili eating habits!

Reminds me of Walter from the Big Lebowski

"I can get you a toe...I can get you a toe by three o'clock..."

Apparently so can this particular Wendy's chili consumer