PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler's Answer to the Adrenalin

bigslim
03-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Here are pictures of Jeep's SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. This puppy sports a 410hp 6.1 liter V8. This should quite weel against Ford's 390hp Adrenalin and Chevy's 391hp Trailblazer SS. Looks like the next the round of performance will be with trucks.

TooManyFords
03-26-2005, 05:56 AM
It doesn't look that bad from the front and the rear, but that view from the side? OMFG! You can't make those wheels and tires look any worse than by framing them with overly exagerated fender flares!

Gross.

Bluerauder
03-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Looks like the next the round of performance will be with trucks.
Can anyone tell me whether Chrysler is still considered an "American Car"? :confused: Looking at the Diamler-Chryler website ... I can't find a USA connection at all. Their headquarters is in Stuttgart, Germany. Their profits of 1.5 Billion are listed in Euros (not $ anymore). Their website lists some 40+ locations of offices, plants and manufacturing facilities. However, the only two in North America are in Canada and Mexico. None are shown in the good ole USA. So, except for the nameplate history .... what American connection still exists??? Except maybe for some high-rolling investors. :rolleyes: Maybe the "Big 3" is really closer to "Medium 2.1". :P

Haggis
03-26-2005, 06:50 AM
Can anyone tell me whether Chrysler is still considered an "American Car"? :confused: Looking at the Diamler-Chryler website ... I can't find a USA connection at all. Their headquarters is in Stuttgart, Germany. Their profits of 1.5 Billion are listed in Euros (not $ anymore). Their website lists some 40+ locations of offices, plants and manufacturing facilities. However, the only two in North America are in Canada and Mexico. None are shown in the good ole USA. So, except for the nameplate history .... what American connection still exists??? Except maybe for some high-rolling investors. :rolleyes: Maybe the "Big 3" is really closer to "Medium 2.1". :P

There is none, Chyrsler = Sellout. Who says the Germans and Japanese lost the war.

Mike Poore
03-26-2005, 07:34 AM
There is none, Chyrsler = Sellout. Who says the Germans and Japanese lost the war.
Yeh, well get ready for the next bomb. GM has announced it's going to drop the Pontiac or Buick, and it's my guess it's gonna be the Buick. Can the Mercury Division be far behind? I mean, think about it; here's a division who's only purpose is to re-badge various Ford whatevers ....with rediculous looking hockey sticks, no less. :rolleyes:

Lincoln has a strong customer base, and, I think adds considerable corporate profit; but Mercury? Time for a poll.

MarauderMark
03-26-2005, 07:39 AM
I like it .awd version or rwd? please don't say fwd :puke:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59 73

woaface
03-26-2005, 07:53 AM
It isn't the answer to Fords upcoming replacement of the Lightning...which is going to push upwards of 500 horses and if they're still thinking about it, using that similar to N20 system that runs through the air conditioning pipes for 50 horses on the spot.

The Adrenalin will dust that no prob.

duhtroll
03-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Man, every time I see one of these nice machines turned out by other car co. I just cry a bit more.

Ugly - so what? At least they're doing it. The sad part is it doesn't matter if they are ugly if they have NO COMPETITION.

Ford, you suck.

-A :alone:

Haggis
03-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Man, every time I see one of these nice machines turned out by other car co. I just cry a bit more.

Ugly - so what? At least they're doing it. The sad part is it doesn't matter if they are ugly if they have NO COMPETITION.

Ford, you suck.

-A :alone:

And if everything is getting uglier then we will have varing degrees of uglyness. Then even ugly will look good. :mad2: :bigcry:

Big House
03-26-2005, 09:20 AM
After it is all said and done...it is still a part of the DODGE family...and it was said best "that nothing says failure like driving a dodge"

MENINBLK
03-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Here are pictures of Jeep's SRT-8 Grand Cherokee. This puppy sports a 410hp 6.1 liter V8. This should quite weel against Ford's 390hp Adrenalin and Chevy's 391hp Trailblazer SS. Looks like the next the round of performance will be with trucks.

If they haven't released it as a 2005 model, you can kiss it goodbye.

Also, it goes against everything that JEEP is for.
I don't think they would ever allow it.
The way the Jeep is today, there is nothing that compares to it in the same size class.
Nothing has the same ground clearance, an equivalent AWD system,
and the reliability that JEEP does.

I don't see it happening...

Maybe the Durango, but not the Jeep.

What is Chrysler becoming, A HOT ROD Manufacturer ???

MENINBLK
03-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Yeh, well get ready for the next bomb. GM has announced it's going to drop the Pontiac or Buick, and it's my guess it's gonna be the Buick. Can the Mercury Division be far behind? I mean, think about it; here's a division who's only purpose is to re-badge various Ford whatevers ....with rediculous looking hockey sticks, no less. :rolleyes:

Lincoln has a strong customer base, and, I think adds considerable corporate profit; but Mercury? Time for a poll.

GM will NEVER drop Buick.
Buick has the best selling cars out of everything that GM makes.
Maybe its time that they finally killed OLDSMOBILE ???
They didn't make any 2005 models, and they talked about if tor 10 years.

With the sales of the GTO being uninpressive, I can see Pontiac being the next on the chop block.

Bluerauder
03-26-2005, 09:40 AM
After it is all said and done...it is still a part of the DODGE family...and it was said best "that nothing says failure like driving a dodge"
DODGE = Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere. :rolleyes:

bigslim
03-26-2005, 10:22 AM
They are still made by union workers.

01 Interceptor
03-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Looks like a Chevy Equinox from the side...at least to me.

Donny Carlson
03-26-2005, 02:58 PM
They are still made by union workers.
Yeah, and the Grand Cherokee is built in Detroit, no less.

The other Jeep Plant is in Toledo, Ohio.

http://www.babez.de/jeep/grandcherokeesrt8/newtitel.jpg

Donny Carlson
03-26-2005, 03:04 PM
Their website lists some 40+ locations of offices, plants and manufacturing facilities. However, the only two in North America are in Canada and Mexico. None are shown in the good ole USA. So, except for the nameplate history .... what American connection still exists??? Except maybe for some high-rolling investors. :rolleyes: Maybe the "Big 3" is really closer to "Medium 2.1". :P

There's a very large production facility in Vance, Alabama that builds C Class Mercedes and the M Class Mercedes SUV. Does that count?

Mike Muldrow
03-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Oldsmobile is dead, soon to be followed by Pontiac or Buick.

Joe Walsh
03-26-2005, 04:42 PM
That looks nice.... except for the way too low profile tires lost in the fenderwells.

Actually that looks like what the Durango SHOULD have become, instead of that totally lame minivan-look Durango!

P.S. The centered rear duals look awesome...but would lead to 'another type' of knee burns when the little lady was loading stuff in the back while the engine was running!!

MENINBLK
03-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Oldsmobile is dead, soon to be followed by Pontiac or Buick.

GM will NEVER drop Buick.
Buick has the best selling cars out of everything that GM makes.
Maybe its time that they finally killed OLDSMOBILE ???
They didn't make any 2005 models, and they talked about if tor 10 years.

With the sales of the GTO being uninpressive, I can see Pontiac being the next on the chop block.
... :rolleyes: ...