PDA

View Full Version : What will Ford do about this?

bigslim
03-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Here are pictures of the 425 hp SRT-8 Charger. Now Chrysler will have three 425hp big four door cars. SVT better hurry up and get a Crown Vic out there.

Mike Poore
03-26-2005, 04:26 AM
Here are pictures of the 425 hp SRT-8 Charger. Now Chrysler will have three 425hp big four door cars. SVT better hurry up and get a Crown Vic out there.
Gees, Slim, it seems they're hooked on the Dodge truck front end look, and four doors, which I find somewhat confusing, style wise. But, you must admit, that's a healthy dose of power for a sedan.

On my trip back from camp in the MM last week, I had a Lady in a Chrysler Seebring following me, in a spirited dash across the mountains from Mt. Union, to Chambersburg, From my rear view mirror, that was a very nice looking car, and I must say, kept up fairly well. I think a big dose of Heemee power would do that slick coupe a world of good. ;)

fastblackmerc
03-26-2005, 04:56 AM
Gees, Slim, it seems they're hooked on the Dodge truck front end look, and four doors, which I find somewhat confusing, style wise. But, you must admit, that's a healthy dose of power for a sedan.

On my trip back from camp in the MM last week, I had a Lady in a Chrysler Seebring following me, in a spirited dash across the mountains from Mt. Union, to Chambersburg, From my rear view mirror, that was a very nice looking car, and I must say, kept up fairly well. I think a big dose of Heemee power would do that slick coupe a world of good. ;)
Has anyone noticed that the new Dodge Charger has 4 doors? The Dodge Charger has always been a 2 door car....

Bluerauder
03-26-2005, 05:22 AM
I liked the styling of the Sebring Convertible and even took a test drive several years ago. :rolleyes: My biggest complaint was that the engine was anemic ... it just had nothing at all. :down: At that time, I believe it was powered by a 2.6L. They may have upgunned it a little since then; but there isn't much room under the hood for anything much larger. Even with the small power plant, the battery was wedged up under the driver's side wheel well under the dash. Talk about convenient. You had to remove the front wheel to access the battery. :mad: Needless to say, Chrysler lost a possible sale because it was so severely underpowered. :(

Shaft333
03-26-2005, 07:44 AM
Chrysler has been doing great with this platform.
The Charger isn't as bold as the 300 and Magnum, but it will also sell to capacity.

Hopefully sharing the design concepts from the Mercedes Bins rather than the Mitsubishi dumpsters will prove a quality product that will last long term.

It's all about the LX now!
(I know a lot of folks love to bash the Chrysler LX platforms - but I think they're phenomal products)

I'm excited to see what the success of these vehicles forces the other domestics to retaliate with.

I've heard some cool rumors about a new GM RWD platform that will play host to an American GTO, and a new F-body...

Haven't heard what Ford has up their sleeves yet.

Mike Poore
03-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Has anyone noticed that the new Dodge Charger has 4 doors? The Dodge Charger has always been a 2 door car....

Bingo! Drop two of the doors, loose the truck front mouth, make it a coupe, and give it that cool Seebring front face. :D

KaCHING!!!! Winner!

MarauderMark
03-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Bingo! Drop two of the doors, loose the truck front mouth, make it a coupe, and give it that cool Seebring front face. :D

KaCHING!!!! Winner!

I don't know that front looks like the Mammoth car from speed racer..(scarey)I kinda like it..
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59 76

marauder307
03-26-2005, 08:50 AM
Oh lordy...don't even get me started.

What chaps my ass the most is that I'm a Charger fan. So...WTH is this thing?!? Yeah, powerful enough engine, I guess...if it were in the '99 concept car I'd even go for it. But where's my Coke-bottle doors, my hideaway headlights, my flying-buttress rear window? The only Charger that I can see this rolling mess even remotely resembling is the older '66-67 Chargers, but it's a stretch to see it. I think someone else here on the board (and unfortunately I've forgotten who) pointed out---quite correctly---that the rear end treatment on this is pure Mitsubishi Galant. Yuck.

I dunno...maybe I shouldn't be too critical...after all, the Marauder doesn't look much like it's namesake either. But even on the worst day it still looks better than this thing...

rayjay
03-26-2005, 01:25 PM
I don't know that front looks like the Mammoth car from speed racer..(scarey)I kinda like it..
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59 76It certainly looks better than the Magnum. Ford has tossed us the new Mustang, but I'm afraid thats all the pitches they have in the bag.

SHERIFF
03-26-2005, 03:28 PM
That car's hot........... even with 4 doors. And if they make a police package version, Ford will probably kiss the Crown VIctoria bye bye this time.

MI2QWK4U
03-26-2005, 04:32 PM
That car's hot........... even with 4 doors. And if they make a police package version, Ford will probably kiss the Crown VIctoria bye bye this time.

More words from the man that knows all about Police Wannabe Cars! Out on a tether or weekend pass?

Big House
03-26-2005, 05:41 PM
The Magnum(stationwagon), the 300C(wanna be what it will never be - Bentley), and the Charger (if you can really call it that) are all DC products. That means the interiors look like the Rams, the stylings suck, they are going to break down 20 miles down the road, and they all need big engines to sell the car. But let them continue to make them, that just means we will have a lot of them to pick on.

Joe Walsh
03-26-2005, 06:00 PM
The Magnum(stationwagon), the 300C(wanna be what it will never be - Bentley), and the Charger (if you can really call it that) are all DC products. That means the interiors look like the Rams, the stylings suck, they are going to break down 20 miles down the road, and they all need big engines to sell the car. But let them continue to make them, that just means we will have a lot of them to pick on.

Hey Big House! How are you doing? Like you said at the last CAM meet: "If it's a Dodge a dodge it!"

BlackHole
03-26-2005, 06:23 PM
More words from the man that knows all about Police Wannabe Cars! Out on a tether or weekend pass?

Like E.T. said OUCH!!!!!!

SHERIFF
03-26-2005, 06:49 PM

Out on a tether or weekend pass? Yes.

Joe Walsh
03-26-2005, 07:10 PM

No need to worry, FORD is rumored to be upgrading the 500 with a new fire breathing 3.5L V6! This beast of an engine is reported to crank out 250HP!!
Coupled with a belt-driven trans....ERRR....I mean the awesome CVT, the 500 will be tough to beat. Remember....you just can't rely on "Command Seating Position" to sell cars!

rayjay
03-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Believe it -or- not, we are looking at the AWD 500 for possible law enforcement duty. Compromise between car and SUV. We'll see how it tests out. :rolleyes:

Joe Walsh
03-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Believe it -or- not, we are looking at the AWD 500 for possible law enforcement duty. Compromise between car and SUV. We'll see how it tests out. :rolleyes:

Will they have the CVT??

If so, I will be VERY interested on how long one of those trannys will last being used in Law Enforcement duty.

I hope it does better than the FWD Taurus & Lumina Sedans that the City of Baltimore tried a few years back....what a DISASTER!

bigslim
03-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Will they have the CVT??

If so, I will be VERY interested on how long one of those trannys will last being used in Law Enforcement duty.

I hope it does better than the FWD Taurus & Lumina Sedans that the City of Baltimore tried a few years back....what a DISASTER!
They will have to be CVT trannys because that is all that comes with the AWD versions.

jgc61sr2002
03-26-2005, 08:33 PM

With all the snow you get Upstate that may be a good idea.

ncmm
03-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Is that one of them there Maginum stayshun waguns?

rookie1
03-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I've heard some cool rumors about a new GM RWD platform that will play host to an American GTO, and a new F-body...

Haven't heard what Ford has up their sleeves yet.

Just killed according to Automotive news

rayjay
03-27-2005, 06:16 AM
With all the snow you get Upstate that may be a good idea.!BINGO! thats exactly why.

Silver_04
03-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Although I don't care for DCX products, it's good to see them doing the happy horsepower dance. I also like how they don't slap a blower on the engines to make numbers.

Merc-O-matic
03-28-2005, 07:40 PM

It's called a Shelby GT 500 Mustang 450 HP with 6 speed.
Granted it's only a "tudor"....

Gotta Love It! :D

rayjay
03-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Will they have the CVT??

We have some Impalas that we expect to have tranny trouble with at about 70K. Thing is we can buy a fully equiped Impala for the price of a Crown Vic with nothing on it. I would still prefer the Crown Vic. I don't see these Impalas lasting to a 100k. That and they can't get out of their own way. They are excellent in snow with the right tires. I only was stuck once this winter so far, and I was able to get myself out.

Digital Man
03-29-2005, 11:37 AM
:flamer: Uh....that cars is ultra crappy. I saw at the Detroit Autoshow and just shook my head. Its just an attempt to make the 300 look meaner. The interior is complete grossness! I don't know who thinks these things up, but they best be hiring that guy back that thought up the 99 concept version.