PDA

View Full Version : Is the new Marauder the perfect stealth family car?

shirohniichan
07-02-2002, 02:34 PM
I've always wanted a nice performance car that can haul the family around in comfort. Until now the only option besides an Impala SS would have been to add twin turbos to a Subaru Legacy wagon (280 hp-- yeehaw!).

Only recently I bought a used '96 Ford PI as a cheap "filler" until we decide which family car to get. Maybe, just maybe, the Marauder could be that dual-purpose machine. My wife thinks the PI is too big, but once she gets used to it it will seem normal. Now all I have to do is think up good reasons why I need the Marauder instead of a GM or another CV.

Any suggestions on how to convince the wife it's a good family car?

Logan
07-02-2002, 03:16 PM
Just have her sit in one... The cushy nudo leather and all the wizbang gadgets will have her quite impressed... Plus, it has "passing power". :)

Failing that, you can always fall into the "This is the one thing in my life I've always wanted... How can you deny me this ONE thing?" routine... That one worked for my Lightning and the endless stream of bills that came from restoring my 69 Cougar.... :)

shirohniichan
07-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Showing her all the gadgets would convince her the car is only for me. I'd rather convince her that it's a wise choice for a car the whole family can enjoy. If I can't get her to believe that, then we'll end up with a minivan or some other dull suburban-mobile. Yech. :(

Logan
07-03-2002, 06:45 AM
What's the problem? It's got four doors and seats five with a really big trunk. Just tell her you'd really prefer a black car, and they don't have any black GM's... :)

Spectragod
12-28-2010, 06:54 PM
Ya know, since we are digging up old threads.

I really love the whizbang gadgets my MM has.......

JBeezy
12-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Tell her you all can also go to the MM meets and Marauderville every year as a family. My wife loves mine, but to her I call it ours, but she never drives it. Too scared something will happen

MercNasty
12-28-2010, 07:18 PM
wow, this thread was posted 8 years ago.

Kennyrauder
12-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Plus it's really really safe !!!!