PDA

View Full Version : James Gets a Job Working For Logan's!

woaface
03-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Well...that was easy. Glad I've got a job working in the "real world" now.

A.) Can you work on Friday and Saturday?
B.) Can we work you to death on Friday and Saturday?
C.) Do you do drugs?
D.) Can you hide the fact that you do drugs?
E.) What size t-shirt do you wear?
F.) Good you start tonight...Welcome on the team (http://www.logansroadhouse.com/)!

I start tonight from 4-9:30 and I wear their t-shirt and jeans. Oh boy, casual clothing!

My position is being the Host!

dwasson
03-26-2005, 09:57 AM
Logan owns a restaurant? Who knew?

Haggis
03-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Well...that was easy. Glad I've got a job working in the "real world" now.

A.) Can you work on Friday and Saturday?
B.) Can we work you to death on Friday and Saturday?
C.) Do you do drugs?
D.) Can you hide the fact that you do drugs?
E.) What size t-shirt do you wear?
F.) Good you start tonight...Welcome on the team (http://www.logansroadhouse.com/)!

I start tonight from 4-9:30 and I wear their t-shirt and jeans. Oh boy, casual clothing!

My position is being the Host!

Careful James, I have heard from people that he is an unscruplous Dicator. Worse then Stalin and Hitler combined. Sorry Boss it's just what I heard. :gulp: Please don't hurt me...:bop:

:corner:

J/K

Good luck with the job James. :up:

Mike Poore
03-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Logan owns a restaurant? Who knew?

Naa, Dan, it's not THAT Logan. :rolleyes:

This Logan's is the southern version of our Walleyworld. At Logan's, the kid that hands out the buggies at the door is called "Host". :P

Sorry James, I just had to do it, I mean, it's all your fault for not telling us all the excruciating details of the job. :dunno:

Congratulations, soon you'll have enough saved to get your Marauder. :cool:

:cheer: Barb says "Good for him!":woohoo:

woaface
03-26-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm the kid that says "Welcome to Logans! How many? Smoking or non? Ok follow me!"

And in the morning I fill up balloons and fill up the peanut jars. It's one of those restaurants where you eat peanuts and then throw the shells on the floor.

RoyLPita
03-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Congrats on the job, James. At first, I thought that you would be commuting fron SC to TX frequently. I now stand corrected.

Mike Poore
03-26-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm the kid that says "Welcome to Logans! How many? Smoking or non? Ok follow me!"

And in the morning I fill up balloons and fill up the peanut jars. It's one of those restaurants where you eat peanuts and then throw the shells on the floor.
Oh, cool! Those places have great steaks. Barb loves the deal with the peanut shells. Do they have a warning sign on the door that forbids the wearing of neckties?

Hack Goby
03-26-2005, 12:33 PM
We have Logans here in the Motor City area but when you have Capers also theres no comparison.But I do like to make a mess with the peanuts when Im there.

Haggis
03-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Oh, cool! Those places have great steaks. Barb loves the deal with the peanut shells. Do they have a warning sign on the door that forbids the wearing of neckties?

One time Chris and I took her parents to a place called 'Crazy Horse' in Hagerstown, Md. were they do that with the peanut shells. Well my mother-in-law the sweet person she is didn't want to make a mess for them to clean up. So she made a neat little pile of broken shells next to her place and me being the bad mischievous person that I am said, "Look over there at that picture." When she turned around to look the peanut shells were gone. She didn't notice for about 5 to 10 minutes and then asked what happen to the shells. I said "What shells?" :whistle:

NAVCHAP
03-26-2005, 12:56 PM
James, you had me fooled, thought you were the new button holder! -kjs-

teamrope
03-26-2005, 01:50 PM
James, you had me fooled, thought you were the new button holder! -kjs-
Ya... What ^^^He^^^ said. :)

Joe Walsh
03-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Congrats on your new job James...

There was a chain of restaurants called 'LONE STAR' that once did the peanuts/peanut shells on the floor deal but they stopped because someone slipped on the peanut shells, got a lawyer, and the rest....as they say.... is history. :depress:

Bluerauder
03-26-2005, 02:40 PM
The job is slightly different here. They say "Welcome to ___________. How many in your party. The wait will be 70 to 80 minutes. Here's your beeper !!!" :rolleyes:

There was a chain of restaurants called 'LONE STAR' that once did the peanuts/peanut shells on the floor deal but they stopped because someone slipped on the peanut shells, got a lawyer, and the rest....as they say.... is history.
I like LONE STAR better now that they got rid of the "salted in the shell" peanuts. The floors did get pretty slippery ... and I don't think that they did anything more than sweep up.

Donny Carlson
03-26-2005, 02:43 PM
There are several in Birmingham. There's one not far from our union office, so we go over there a lot for lunch. Also, the bar is pretty good so after union meetings some of us gather for tall frosty mugs of brew and free peanuts.

http://www.logansroadhouse.com/images/hdr_BehindTheRuckus.gif

http://www.logansroadhouse.com/default.cfm

Sounds like "host" is entry level. Hopefully you'll work up to wait staff before long so you can earn some good bucks from tips. That may not happen until you're 18, tho -- if your state requires you to be 18 to "sell" alcoholic beverages.

Gunslinger
03-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Sounds like "host" is entry level. Hopefully you'll work up to wait staff before long so you can earn some good bucks from tips. That may not happen until you're 18, tho -- if your state requires you to be 18 to "sell" alcoholic beverages.
Listen to Donny, James. He's worked his way up to the weekend night manager in charge of condiments. In other words, he doesn't have to fill balloons and peanut jars any more...

dwasson
03-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Naa, Dan, it's not THAT Logan. :rolleyes: I knew about Logan's. We have them in the Detroit area too. But after Caper's, Logan's isn't on the steakhouse radar.

Congratulations James. Making your own money is one of the best things for your soul. This is just the beginning.

Mike Poore
03-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Listen to Donny, James. He's worked his way up to the weekend night manager in charge of condiments. In other words, he doesn't have to fill balloons and peanut jars any more...
You kidding? We've been watching this kid. Inside a month, he's gonna be running the place, and by years end, he's gonna own the whole chain. :high5:

jgc61sr2002
03-26-2005, 03:54 PM
James - Congrats and good luck with your new job. :D I will be visiting Greenville this July hope to see you then. :D

Bigdogjim
03-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Well it's about time you joined the work a day world:rofl:

Congrats best of luck:up:

woaface
03-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey! I remember you telling me this last year so that's cool, can't wait to see ya!

James - Congrats and good luck with your new job. :D I will be visiting Greenville this July hope to see you then. :D
So on another funny note, one of the speech kids drove his mom's Marquis tonight and said he liked it and mentioned something about Marauders and I was thinking "Whoa...he knows something about them!? WAY COOL!"

Anyways, host isn't the lowest job...I could be a bus boy. I can't wait tables yet because I'm not 18 for another month. However then I may very well do that.

I might pick up someone's drinks every now and then when a waiter asks me...which happened tonight. First guy says "Miller" and I said "Well let me get your server" and then I later passed by to find the server explaining to them why I couldn't give them their drinks immediately.

It's easy enough that I was starting all tasks within the first hour...but hard enough to where I've got to be doing several tasks at once. Fun! Girl named Tiffany says "This couple goes to table 53....you know where that is?" and I pick up the menus and tell her yeah and she says "Well hey you're pretty good at this."

I guess it's one of those jobs close to needing a warm body and nothing else.

woaface
03-26-2005, 09:36 PM
And BTW...I cut my hair back to normal a few months after Indy. I like the more clean-cut professional look and I'll leave it this way...no more long hair for me.

hitchhiker
03-26-2005, 09:45 PM
And BTW...I cut my hair back to normal a few months after Indy. I like the more clean-cut professional look and I'll leave it this way...no more long hair for me.
Why don't you get a mullet?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right></TD><TD colSpan=2>Mullet Wig - The Class of 1987 (http://store.yahoo.com/thegag/mullet-classof87.html)</TD><TD align=right>$19.99</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>http://store1.yimg.com/I/thegag_1836_5172961 (http://store.yahoo.com/thegag/mullet-classof87.html)</TD><TD>It's the Original Mullet Wig! Get out your yearbooks, does this guy look familiar? The Class of 1987 Mullet Wig (a.k.a. The Nebraska Neck Warmer) is dirty blonde in color ... back. This guy was voted "Most Likely To Not Succeed" Fully Adjustable! (Mullet Wig - The Class of 1987 a.k.a. The Nebraska Neck Warmer Mullet Wig) mullet-classof87 ... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:D

woaface
03-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Heh heh...well I was born in 87.

Ross
03-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Hey, James, if me and Bigdog come in, can you get us free beer? :beer:

Mad1
03-30-2005, 12:37 PM
James,

See if you can get sent to corporate for training ... Logan's is a subsidiary of CBRL Group, which owns Cracker Barrel restaurants. CBRL is based right outside of Nashville. (Can you guess why we get the best service in our Logan's and Cracker Barrel's? The CEO might just swing by for a beer after work!) I'll be sure to take you out for a good time, that is, if you're old enough to get in anywhere by then.

Good luck with the job and remember, never offer to show any customers your blister, burns or other disfigurement ... really cuts down on the tips. (Oh yes, there's an Easter dinner fiasco behind that comment, I think we just gave the waiter our 2 cents.)

Mad1
Jeremy

A reporter toiling in "Music City."

dwasson
03-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey, James, if me and Bigdog come in, can you get us free beer? :beer:

James, take that day off.

woaface
03-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I'll pay for ya'lls beer...sure. So...a minor buying adults beer? Hahaha. Ironic indeed.

James, take that day off.