PDA

View Full Version : "Incomplete"

jjaguda
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
I did a search where insurance and the differences in moonroofs/VINs was discussed.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15798&page=2&pp=15&highlight=incomplete
(by the way, no problem getting insurance!)

But my question is a little different so I didn't want to dig up an old thread.

Does anyone have an Ford ESP with the 2MH VIN?

I called FORD ESP for a quote on my '04(with moon roof). They ran my VIN (2MHHM) and said they could not give me an ESP because my car is "incomplete." Lady actually asked me if FORD finished building my car. After tellling that the car has 30k on the odometer so I hope its finished, she said sorry, can't help. What gives?:confused:

Seneca
03-29-2005, 07:55 PM
I traded my 03 in about 7 months ago on a 04 with a moonroof and when i was switching insurance my ins. Lady asked if my car was custom built.. i said.. Umm.. No.. lol.. well to make a long story short i faught with Insurance for well over a month sent them pictures of the 04 mm.. Reason i am bringing this up is because My Ins. lady told me the Vin on my car was strange and didnt match like it should have.. anyways just thought i'd throw it out there.. :(
I did a search where insurance and the differences in moonroofs/VINs was discussed.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15798&page=2&pp=15&highlight=incomplete

I called FORD ESP for a quote on my '04(with moon roof). They ran my VIN (2MHHM) and said they could not give me an ESP because my car is "incomplete." Lady actually asked me if FORD finished building my car. After tellling that the car has 30k on the odometer so I hope its finished, she said sorry, can't help. What gives?:confused:

hdwrench
03-29-2005, 07:56 PM

they are full of it. my vin is 2mh and i'm looking at my ford ESP right now premiumcare.

fastblackmerc
03-29-2005, 08:18 PM
they are full of it. my vin is 2mh and i'm looking at my ford ESP right now premiumcare.
My '04 with VIN# 2MHHM has FORD warranty - 84/100,000 PowertrainCare with Roadside. I did purchase it when I bought the car...... maybe that's why there was question of the car being "complete-d"

jjaguda
03-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Thanks hdwrench.

I'm looking at he ESP premium care contract my dealer sent to me for my sig. Everything filled out. There are a couple of section on the back that state that incomplet vehicles are not covered. The most specific provision is at number 20 under WHAT IS NOT COVERED which states: "Incomplete Competitive-make vehicles are not eligible for any Plan or Coverage." Now the Saleens and Cobra Rs are specifically mentioned elsewhere, but number 20 kinda leaves the door open. I don't want to spend 1k+ for an ESP that I will have to fight with later.

hdwrench
03-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks hdwrench.

I'm looking at he ESP premium care contract my dealer sent to me for my sig. Everything filled out. There are a couple of section on the back that state that incomplet vehicles are not covered. The most specific provision is at number 20 under WHAT IS NOT COVERED which states: "Incomplete Competitive-make vehicles are not eligible for any Plan or Coverage." Now the Saleens and Cobra Rs are specifically mentioned elsewhere, but number 20 kinda leaves the door open. I don't want to spend 1k+ for an ESP that I will have to fight with later.
i dont see line 20 or anything similar on my paperwork... let me know what you find out cuz if my car isnt covered then i want a refund. i need the $ for mods if i have no warranty... :beer:

the_pack_rat
03-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I think the incomplete status comes from the fact the moonroof optioned 04 MM's are NOT your typical OEM moonroof. Somewhere in the assembly process, the cars were sent out to have the roofs installed.

The building process of most OEM equipped moonroof cars is different than that of the 04 MM. The exterior moulding around the moonroof equipped MM's tells it all. The glass is not a flush fit like most OEM equipped moonroof cars.

The whole situation is rather bizzare to say the least. Someone at Ford needs to CORRECT this glitch in the system with these VINS' coming up incomplete. These cars should NOT be classified as being modified outside of Ford ... the moonroof was a "build to order" available option that was shown/included on the window sticker/invoice price of the car.

Still irks me to this day to think I was so set on holding out for a factory moonroof car back in 03 ... only to have found out they ended up looking like they were done after the fact anyway(which is basically the case).

Still worked out for the best for me ...

I wanted a MM in DTR, even before the color was announced it would be available.

But I will say this ...

God forbid my MM ever had roof damage & needed some body work up there ...

I would try & have the roof re-done in such a way that the perimeter of the roof opening was FINISHED - glass flush with the roof & NO more goofy weatherstrip sticking up.

Ya' know the way a moonroof is SUPPOSED to be.

Rollin'Thunder
03-29-2005, 09:42 PM
I just purchased ESP on my '04 with the "factory" moonroof about 2 months ago. No problem here. Stupidity reigns supreme! :rolleyes: