PDA

View Full Version : What have others done, by your age?

QWK SVT
04-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Find out what people your age have accomplished, so you can feel bad about yourself... Click here (http://museumofconceptualart.com/accomplished/), to find out.

As for me (27), I'm pretty sure I've accomplished more than this:
"Conceptual artist Piero Manzoni crapped in 90 small cans which were then factory sealed and offered for sale at the price of gold."

woaface
04-02-2005, 09:03 AM
19th century composer Franz Schubert wrote nearly 200 songs (including two of his best songs), 3 masses, 3 symphonies, and a great deal of piano and chamber music before turning 19.

I feel like a slacker.

Reminds me of the time my dad hired a doctor, and this doctors wife graduated from COLLEGE and went to medical school when she was 16!

Bluerauder
04-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Find out what people your age have accomplished, so you can feel bad about yourself... Click [/i]
Napoleon abdicated the throne. I abdicated mine long ago. September 1975 as I recall..

John Locke began to publish the results of a lifetime of study and thought, including his "Essay Concerning Human Understanding. Mine should fit in 500 words or less.

MM2004
04-02-2005, 09:12 AM
"Christo completed his 24 1/2 mile "Running Fence" through the hills of northern California."

And to think I start getting tired driving that far, . .:D

Mike.

dwasson
04-02-2005, 09:47 AM
As for me (27), I'm pretty sure I've accomplished more than this:
"Conceptual artist Piero Manzoni crapped in 90 small cans which were then factory sealed and offered for sale at the price of gold."

Why, have you crapped in more than 90 small cans?

duhtroll
04-02-2005, 10:01 AM
Funny. By comparison I feel pretty happy. All those people only did one major thing, and look at all I have accomplished. :D

-A

Bluerauder
04-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Why, have you crapped in more than 90 small cans?
:rofl: I misread that the first time around .... I thought it was 90 small cars !!!!! :rofl: I thought it was a sick ricer sort of thing. :laugh:

Two Hawks
04-02-2005, 09:20 PM
At age 55, Richard Daniel Bass reached the summit of Mount Everest.
Sooo.., by 55, I had driven to the top of Pikes Peak, twice.:drive:

At age 54, Henry Jay Heimlich developed his emergency maneuver.
By 55, I had developed several emergency maneuvers including my, if all else fails emergency maneuver, the “duck and :run: ”.

Joe Walsh
04-02-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't worry about what those people did by my age....

NONE OF THEM have done as many stupid, crazy, way-too-fast stunts in motor vehicles and survived to my age!!! :D :D :D

Although, I've NEVER climbed out onto the windsheild of my truck while it's going down the road at 35 mph like that numb nuts in that recent post!

P.S. If crapping in your pants was an artistic accomplishment then I had that guy beat when I was only 6 months old!!

shakes_26
04-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Astronaut Buzz Aldrin achieved his life's ambition at age 35 and wondered, what do you do after that?

Oh, fine, just go ahead Mr. Overachiever, how the hell am I supposed to top that? Oh and for next year I'll have to top this.....

Robert Jarvik invented a pneumatically powered heart

Paul T. Casey
04-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Televangelist Jimmy Swaggart had sex with a prostitute. Not too sure the Mrs. thinks this is an achievement.

Smokie
04-03-2005, 01:48 PM
When I put in my age, Barbara Streisand came up. Made me feel very good about my life.....and she does not even own a Marauder......:)

Petrograde
04-03-2005, 05:01 PM
At age 31:

French Egyptologist Jean Francois Champollion deciphered the Rosetta stone.

I feel like a $h!tbag....