PDA

View Full Version : Why rollcages are important. (Vid.)

Embassy
04-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Click. (http://www.xtremerecall.com/Vid_Pop_Ups/Videos/Browser/Used/Super_Car_-_Xtreme_Recall.wmv)

It is difficult to watch that classic be destroyed.

B.C. Bake
04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Wow, I felt that just watching it. Hop he has a spair...:cry:

Donny Carlson
04-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Click. (http://www.xtremerecall.com/Vid_Pop_Ups/Videos/Browser/Used/Super_Car_-_Xtreme_Recall.wmv)

It is difficult to watch that classic be destroyed.
And why it's not a great idea to have 2 vid cams and a recorder on board as witness to you losing it and destroying your car.

Joe Walsh
04-04-2005, 06:31 PM
And why it's not a great idea to have 2 vid cams and a recorder on board as witness to you losing it and destroying your car.

Did he break an axle...or just lose control on his own?

MarauderMark
04-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Did he lose control on his own?

Came close to that once without even knowing it was happening But i quess luck was on my side.I know how that feels , scared the poo outta me .Damn shame nice car.

MAD-3R
04-04-2005, 06:47 PM
It looked like he ether hit something on the track and/or over corrected.

jgc61sr2002
04-04-2005, 06:56 PM
WOW what a wreck. Hope he came out of it OK. Seemed like the passenger compartment stayed intact.

CBT
04-04-2005, 08:04 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!! WHY COULDN'T THAT HAVE BEEN A (insert car you don't like here) INSTEAD!!! I'm going to fly my windows at half staff on the way to work in the morning.

ckadiddle
04-05-2005, 12:22 PM
On a scale of one to ten, that's a butt-pucker factor of fifteen. :eek:

blackf0rk
04-05-2005, 01:32 PM
LOL @ Butt-pucker factor. haha nice

definately

Amsoil_Dealer
04-05-2005, 01:33 PM
That was amazing......It is a shame it was documenting such an awful event as the video was evry weell done.

Sactown
04-05-2005, 02:41 PM
I could only see about the first 2/3 of the video, but saw enough to say OUCH! My viewing would always end when the guys were sitting on the fence with the car in the track. I hope everyone is OK. Looks like the track had a bunch of loose stuff in the middle. Hit that under WOT and it could turn you.

Dark_Knight7096
04-05-2005, 03:23 PM
LOL @ Butt-pucker factor. haha nice

definately
That whole butt-puckering thing reminds me of that scene from bad boys II, when will smith was driving the ferrari and they hatian "O-pound" was throwing cars at them and one does a flip over will smith's ferrari, Martin Lawrence is screaming like a little girl, "OHHHHH Did you see that sh**?" and Will Smith just goes, "Woah, woah, that one puckered my butthole!"

But yea that is one sucky little thing to have happen. And I agree, why couldn't it have been an eclipse or civic or something?

Bluerauder
04-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Did he miss a shift just prior to losing it? The shift light comes on; but it doesn't look like he completed the shift. :dunno:

Joe Walsh
04-05-2005, 09:10 PM
On a scale of one to ten, that's a butt-pucker factor of fifteen. :eek:

It took the emergency crew 10 minutes to cut him out of the car....

Most of that time was spent trying to cut free the wedge of vinyl seat cushion caught between the driver's butt cheeks....

Donny Carlson
04-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I went to the Xtreme Recall web site and looked at the video there full screen. I think you're right about the axle breaking or something happening with the rear end where the left rear wheel was getting power and the right rear wheel wasn't. That cause the car to veer to the right out of control. The driver tries to steer left to correct, but the car doesn't have much turn ability on the front and it was too little too late. I didn't see him hit anything. Something rolls down the track behind the car after it impacts. Dunno. Could have been a slick spot on the track, too, because you don't see anything fall off the car or hang down.

The only good thing about the accident was the car in the right lane was well ahead of him, so it didn't get teed by it.

teamrope
04-05-2005, 09:59 PM
That hit major points on the suckage scale. Shame to see a clasic go out like that.

DEFYANT
04-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Worst part is.. he lost the race right off the line. The other car was half way down the track before he lost control. If he would have just took his foot out of it, he never would have wrecked!

Bluerauder
04-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Came close to that once without even knowing it was happening But i quess luck was on my side.I know how that feels , scared the poo outta me.
So if we happen to line up against each other at Mason-Dixon in October, you're gonna take the right lane, correct?? :rolleyes: