PDA

View Full Version : I'd be vexed if this was my car

QWK SVT
04-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Why go cow tipping, when you've got "Smart Cars" around?

Link: http://www.mbcanada.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7930&st=0

Rider90
04-06-2005, 08:38 PM
LMAO @ not just his car, but everyone elses!
:laugh:

MI2QWK4U
04-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Now if he had bought a marauder, this would have never happened.... the menacing black beast would have warded off the tippers....Oh...and by the way, good luck tipping a 4,500 pound car!!!

Donny Carlson
04-06-2005, 08:50 PM
I couldn't get one butt cheek in that thing.

dwasson
04-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Did you notice that some of the people had mods in their sig lines? Floormats and such. Is there a Trilogy kit for a smart car?

Joe Walsh
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Now if he had bought a marauder, this would have never happened.... the menacing black beast would have warded off the tippers....Oh...and by the way, good luck tipping a 4,500 pound car!!!

Yeah....And if the punks DID try to tip a Marauder, it would be easy to find out who did it.......

Just pick up their testicles next to the Marauder, and check the nearest Hospital Emergency room for the anyone who has a MASSIVE double hernia and slipped discs! :D

LCSO34
04-06-2005, 09:36 PM
On the other hand if they did get it over, I don't think I would "hope to get my hands on them":D

Donny Carlson
04-06-2005, 09:53 PM
One of the threads is about a group buy of the Gorilla anti-tip device, which is a tranmitter with a tip sensor that alerts the owner that somebody is outside tipping the car over. I am not making this up.

http://www.mbcanada.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8029

Poor bastards. To have a car where this is such a problem that you NEED this device...

shakes_26
04-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Smart cars, I drove one over in Europe, more a s lark than anythign else. Lets say this was NOT designed for your Average Marauder driver (6'2", 230-260#).

They came equipped with either transverse 3, or turbo transverse 3. It must have been geared steep cause it would flat out scoot in trffic/city. But 70 was about maxed out. It had a motocycle trans as well

Cost was high, hence the slow sales, I think about 9k-10K euros at the time ( back then 1USD= 1Euro). Problem was Renault and few others made an A size 4 door and 2 door 4 seat, for the same price, slightly less.

I opted for a Suzuki GSX1400, seats 2, cylinder 4, hp 106, wheels 2, and waaay more style :)

rayjay
04-07-2005, 01:12 AM
One of the threads is about a group buy of the Gorilla anti-tip device, which is a tranmitter with a tip sensor that alerts the owner that somebody is outside tipping the car over. I am not making this up.

http://www.mbcanada.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8029

Poor bastards. To have a car where this is such a problem that you NEED this device...Good thing these cupie cars are in Britain. Where I live most of the locals would give em a rump full of rock salt.

Mad4Macs
04-07-2005, 04:06 AM
I couldn't get one butt cheek in that thing.

Too.Much.Information. :puke:

Shaft333
04-07-2005, 05:38 AM
You know... I believe in the addage of, "you just don't f$#k with another man's automobile."

But the evil kid inside me was laughing. Namely because the car was able to be tipped. And also at the car being... so... girly. Aside from the name... the car is the antithesis of the Marauder (I can't call the Marauder dumb... it's too damn awesome.) And lastly because everyone was so mad... as if the car is any good.

Shaft333
04-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Reading on in some of the posts - as they are discovering that other car forums are laughing at them.... they are starting to sound pretty elitist about their little covered motorcycles.
Which would be okay... if there was something about their cars worth being elitist about. :down:

Dark_Knight7096
04-07-2005, 10:05 AM
You know, when Marauders drive down the street we get the WTF. If there is any car on the planet that deserves one it's this thing. It's like those little dogs that you're not quite sure if it's a huge rat on a leash. WTF is that thing????? "I'm gonna go Hummer tipping!" Compensation much??? Can anyone say Napoleonic complex? I'll tell you why it got tipped, cause it could. I knew someone who drove a Geo Metro in highschool, and every day a few members of the football team, and other strong individuals would pick up the car and walk it to random places in the parking lot, sometimes so close to the building that the kid would have to climb in the passenger door of the car. Why did they do this? Because they could. It sucks that some jerk tipped the guys car, don't get me wrong, but if you drive a car that weighs 200lbs. and walk around like it's a Maybach Benz then someone is gonna take it upon themselves to knock you down a peg or two. It's kinda like how there are people who swear that they will 100% never street race, blast the hell out of a two-bit ricer that comes up next to them and flexes nuts, it's sheer princible (sp?). I feel bad for the guy, but any car that a necissary accessory is a motorcycle alarm with an Anti-tip sensor is just asking for trouble.

EDIT:

"I just hope seeing it on the news and in the paper discourages the practice of smart tipping, rather than encourages it in a fashion such as: "hey.. look at this. That's hilarious! Let's get drunk and go hunting for smarts..."

That's about hoping beyond hope isn't it?

User Christy with a pink smart:
"... isn't it pathetic what society is becoming? Our Smart cars are not so expensive in price, compared to other (are you ready for this? classic) LUXURIOUS vehicles out there..."
No comment on that one.

STLThunder
04-07-2005, 12:03 PM
"VEXED"? Word of the day?

Dark_Knight7096
04-07-2005, 12:16 PM
"VEXED"? Word of the day?
What you mean like on Pee Wee's Playhouse?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Scream real loud!!!

QWK SVT
04-07-2005, 06:07 PM
These cars are like that little old man Benny Hill used to tap on the top of the head. You feel bad it happens, but can't help but laugh at the same time. :D I really like the nick name they've got for their "smarties"... Aww! Ain't that cute?

Good thing these cupie cars are in Britain. Where I live most of the locals would give em a rump full of rock salt.Dude, I see at least three of these stupid things, every single day, and I can't be more than a few hours drive from you!

"VEXED"? Word of the day?Yeah, it's a bit of an uncommon word... But I'm like that. At least once a day, I end up "verbing" (making a noun a verb, even though it probably shouldn't be done) just to see if I get called on it. Today's sentence was "I plan to take some time, to socialize this idea, before actioning the suggestion."

I've been hanging out with a limey (Brit.) at work lately, and he comes up with the craziest stuff, like "shambles" = "that's awful" or "bloke" = "dude", etc.

Yesterday he asked, "Pass me the torch?" I had to correct him - "It's called a FLASHLIGHT!" It's like everyone in England slept through the 1900's and just woke up, without a clue how to communicate in English (ironically the language is named after them)...

seans
04-08-2005, 05:32 AM
I work at the University of Connecticut and in two weeks the "students" have their annual SPRING WEEKEND celebration.

Spring Weekend is a four day drunk fest in which one of their favorite activities is car tipping. I have seen everything from Honda Accords to Cadillacs tipped over. Thank god we don't have those little cars here or the idiots would probably have contests to see how many they could stack on top of each other.

ole69
04-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Vexed couldn't describe it...........

affronted, annoyed, antagonized, bitter, chafed, choleric, convulsed, cross, displeased, enraged, exacerbated, exasperated, ferocious, fierce, fiery, fuming, furious, galled, hateful, heated, hot, huffy, ill-tempered, impassioned, incensed, indignant, inflamed, infuriated, irascible, irate, ireful, irritable, irritated, maddened, nettled, offended, outraged, passionate, piqued, provoked, raging, resentful, riled, sore, splenetic, storming, sulky, sullen, tumultuous, turbulent, uptight, wrathful

www.Thesaurus.com