PDA

View Full Version : Whats the story on the FHP MM?

twolow
04-13-2005, 03:53 PM
I've read some posts and saw the pics but how did they come across them? I know a police package Vic is bare bones to keep the price down & I could not imagine FHP paying 35K for a MM but anything around that price and I would think tax payers would be up in arms over it. If they were replacing mustang or camaro cars I would halfway understand but still, the price tag of a police package mustang is dirt cheap.

What was the deal?

jgc61sr2002
04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I've read some posts and saw the pics but how did they come across them? I know a police package Vic is bare bones to keep the price down & I could not imagine FHP paying 35K for a MM but anything around that price and I would think tax payers would be up in arms over it. If they were replacing mustang or camaro cars I would halfway understand but still, the price tag of a police package mustang is dirt cheap.

What was the deal?

Dennis Reinhart worked his wonders on the FHP Marauders. All the Marauders are unmarked units, strictly for highway patrol enforcement. I would think they earn there keep in summonses.

Smokie
04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
The FHP got a very good deal on the Marauders.....they were donated.....:)

MENINBLK
04-13-2005, 05:24 PM
The FHP got a very good deal on the Marauders.....they were donated.....:)
Donated by taxpayers...

djv5150
04-13-2005, 05:29 PM
The vehicles were donated by a private citizen he paid for the cars and all the equipment that was installed in them.

MarauderTJA
04-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Actually the FHP Marauders were purchased after receiving approx $1M donation from a private donor to provide the Marauders for agressive driving patrol. A real nice guy. Dennis Reinhart provided the upgrades to the cars for FHP.