just a thought
can I mix tires on the maruder safely?
the new KDW2's in the back
and stock KDW's in the front

any thoughts on this

wchain
04-14-2005, 09:15 AM
your sig pic is HUGE

Keep in mind, anytime you mix tire styles, you are compromising the characterstics of that particular tire. I.e. KWD2 and KDW. You may not notice anything in day to day driving, but at the limit, you might feel something, probably not enough to notice.

I know people here that have KWDS in the front and KDW2 in the rear. Then I know people who dont have even a matching pair of tires on their car...:rofl:

Dark_Knight7096
04-14-2005, 09:15 AM
That's what i have now and i don't have a problem, i have the stock KDWSs on the front and the KDW2s on the back and i have had no issues or problems at all. Big difference is the front tires won't have as good traction, so you can't get the same handling you would if you had put them all around, but i've never noticed any adverse effects.

Bluerauder
04-14-2005, 09:17 AM
just a thought
can I mix tires on the maruder safely?
the new KDW2's in the back
and stock KDW's in the front

any thoughts on this
I don't think there is a problem as long as you match the fronts and match the rears. Just don't mix 'em on the same axle. I am sure some of our tires experts will chime in with their recommendations.

BK_GrandMarquis
04-14-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't think there is a problem as long as you match the fronts and match the rears. Just don't mix 'em on the same axle. I am sure some of our tires experts will chime in with their recommendations.

I agree. The only downside I can see would be the when pushing the tires while cornering. The front tires will not grip as well as the KDW-2's in the rear. Also the KDW-2's are supposed to be better in the rain. They are also directional. You wouldn't be able to rotate them unless you too them to the shop to swap them off the wheels.

jgc61sr2002
04-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Ideally it is best to have the same tread design on all four tires. Although as stated above always have the same design on the front or rear. IMO I don't think there would be a problem.

duhtroll
04-14-2005, 11:22 AM
I have KDW2s on the rear and KDWS on the front - no problems at all.

The KDWS stay as long as they wear as well as they have been. The new tread design will replace them once they wear out.

-A

Wires
04-14-2005, 12:01 PM
While we're talking about these tires, I have a question.

I read about the KDW2, and the older KDW.

The tires I recently received as a gift are KDWS, not to be confused with more than one KDW - that is, KDWs.

Are there three of these or just two?

MarauderMark
04-14-2005, 12:13 PM
You may cause a compond fracture of the power sensor on the driveshaft.. :D

BK_GrandMarquis
04-14-2005, 04:10 PM
While we're talking about these tires, I have a question.

I read about the KDW2, and the older KDW.

The tires I recently received as a gift are KDWS, not to be confused with more than one KDW - that is, KDWs.

Are there three of these or just two?
I think those are all season tires, where the "S" stands for snow?