PDA

View Full Version : State Troopers Are Getting Sneeky In Greenville. Watch Out If You're Traveling!

woaface
04-15-2005, 06:18 AM
It used to be that, if you were pulled over on an interstate in Greenville or Spartanburg county, it was either a marked car, or an unmarked dark blue or silver Crown Vic or Camaro.

Well last night, I found out that Greenville county is starting to go a little more stealth. I was coming down I-385 in the far right lane doing 5 over when a CLK Benz in the far left came by doing about 20 over give or take. He made an odd lane change, just didn't seem right, kind of drunk like. He also had one of his headlights out, only a parking light on that side working. About 300ft back I see something else coming up fast and I said;

"Hey Viki, what do you want to bet, that car coming up the middle lane is a state trooper?"

It turns out to be a Crown Vic and pulls up beside us. Beige with an old beige interior, what looks like a regular Joe in the drivers seat, no tinted windows, no visible lights (but it is dark) standard civi license plate, and a Dale Earnhardt "8" in the bottom right corner of the rear window.

"No, it's not a cop" Viki said confidently.

But then the Vicky slows down as he's beside me and pauses for a moment.
I see lights flicker on the dash near the radio on a box like contraption. I know it's not XM or some crazy stuff like that, it's moving instant on Radar!

BAM! Lights go wild in the Crown Vic and he pulls the tard over!

Glad it wasn't me, but Greenville County finally realized what "stealth" is.

Watch out ya'll, for any and every Crown Victoria and Camaro on the Highway, and the new age Impalas that run mostly around the city/county, but also on the highway! I know some of you will travel through here a lot, especially Carolina members going to see your ATL peeps!

MarauderMark
04-15-2005, 06:30 AM
Yeah we got em here too.They look like upgraded green acres folk.

duhtroll
04-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Here in Iowa they have guys in farm fields with handheld guns, and they radio ahead to cars in front of you.

Talk about stealth. You can only notice them if they are gunning folks ahead of you and your detector picks them up.

There was a joke about cow costumes.

Did I mention that traffic tickets run our state budget? That's why everyone around us has a higher speed limit - so we can fine 'em on their way thru.

-A

THE_INTERCEPTOR
04-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Yeah, I was on I-95 headed south towards I-20. I was in my Vic, and I saw a dark red Camaro pulling on me fast. "Oh crap" I said to myself as I saw him screaming towards me. My Vic, with 5% tint all around, and without hubcaps, sometimes gets a lot of negative attention from Law Enforcement (Even though I have marauder exhaust tips, flowmasters, and "v8" emblems, I still get harassed.) :(
He pulled up right beside me, in full uniform. He looked at me for about 2 seconds, then hit the gas and was gone.

I saw two camaros in just one hour while in SC a few months ago. They're out there...

DEFYANT
04-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Cops using stealth??? They must be cheating!

twolow
04-15-2005, 08:51 AM
I thought only the Air Force had stealth, hmm