PDA

View Full Version : '05 Mustang GT vs. F350

Embassy
04-18-2005, 10:08 AM
The results are not pretty.

Click. (http://www.idahostreetracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5350)

DEFYANT
04-18-2005, 10:20 AM
That sux, but he'll cash in and get a new one.

merc
04-18-2005, 10:50 AM
That sux, but he'll cash in and get a new one.

Cash from lawsuit, yes, but car insurance maybe. If he had Geico they would try to fault the driver of the mustang for some unknown reason just to disqualify his claim.

CBT
04-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Elenor, is that you?

chasrein01
04-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Cash from lawsuit yes, but car insurance maybe. If he had Geico they would try to fault the driver of the mustang for some unknown reason just to disqualify his claim.
Kinda like "not taking appropriate action to remove oneself or ones vehicle from the path of an approaching vehicle intending to do damage"!

Fourth Horseman
04-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Wow, that was a sweet ride, too. Glad she's ok. That could have been a fatal accident far too easily. Damn jacked up trucks. *grumble*

Marauderjack
04-18-2005, 01:58 PM
I know she(?) is upset but I really don't think the profanity is called for!!! :mad2:

That's what I like about our site.....WE GOT MO CLASS!! :beer: :bows:

Marauderjack :bandit:

PhastPhil
04-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Even though the car is destroyed, it seems to have faired pretty well considering it was hit by an F350 doing about 50mph! I mean the driver did walk away from it. A lot of cars that small would have been much worse off! A friend who owns a body shop has said many times, that considering how small Mustangs are, they are pretty well built. They hold up in an accident.

metroplex
04-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Wow, what a waste of a good Mustang.

RoyLPita
04-19-2005, 05:53 AM
The pics remind me of that MM that got nailed by a semi a while back.

Mike Poore
04-19-2005, 09:07 AM
The results are not pretty.

Click. (http://www.idahostreetracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5350) :eek: From looking at the photos, that new Mustang is a very stout box. It's crunched up to the driver's cabin, and virtually untouched from there up. If there was enough impact to cause that much damage, deploy the air bag, not catch fire, and allow the driver to walk away, I'm giving that car very high safety marks. The more I see of the new Mustang, the more there is to like. Hopefully we'd fare as well in our Marauders. ;)

Silver_04
04-19-2005, 04:26 PM
:eek: From looking at the photos, that new Mustang is a very stout box. It's crunched up to the driver's cabin, and virtually untouched from there up. If there was enough impact to cause that much damage, deploy the air bag, not catch fire, and allow the driver to walk away, I'm giving that car very high safety marks.

Exactly what I'm thinking. The new Mustang's stock keeps going up in my book...hard to resist going to dealer...must not trade yet...

Vortex
04-19-2005, 05:15 PM
I agree as well, getting rearended by an F350 going 50 mph and living to tell the tale is a real example of excellent engineeering on these new cars, airbags and all.

merc
04-19-2005, 05:55 PM
:eek: From looking at the photos, that new Mustang is a very stout box. It's crunched up to the driver's cabin, and virtually untouched from there up. If there was enough impact to cause that much damage, deploy the air bag, not catch fire, and allow the driver to walk away, I'm giving that car very high safety marks. The more I see of the new Mustang, the more there is to like. Hopefully we'd fare as well in our Marauders. ;)

Maybe you should look a little closer to the collision. The F Series truck hit the rear above the bumper level. The rear tires are intact and the bumper is folded. Most of the impact didn't make contact with the frame. Although the car looks devastated, most of the damage is sheet metal and glass. :twocents:

Silver_04
04-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Maybe you should look a little closer to the collision. The F Series truck hit the rear above the bumper level. The rear tires are intact and the bumper is folded. Most of the impact didn't make contact with the frame. Although the car looks devastated, most of the damage is sheet metal and glass. :twocents:

Yeah, just sheet metal damage with the trunk lid next to where the driver's head was. Just a fender bender with a frameless unibody car :shake:

Donny Carlson
04-19-2005, 06:38 PM
I know she(?) is upset but I really don't think the profanity is called for!!! :mad2:

That's what I like about our site.....WE GOT MO CLASS!! :beer: :bows:

Marauderjack :bandit:
Frack yeah we do!

jgc61sr2002
04-19-2005, 06:53 PM
A very lucky driver.

Mike Poore
04-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Yeh, I know Mark; but don't you think the front carrier unit of the F-350 certainly came into contact with the Mustang's sub assembly and pushed the mustang forward with enough force to deploy the airbag when it hit the car in front? I still think it's good design that protected the driver's cabin, rather than just making a pancake out of the poor thing, and it's driver. I mean, it could have been just a freak, but I'm inclined to give credit to the Mustang design. :dunno:

Joe Walsh
04-20-2005, 10:56 AM
If the Mustang unibody design team engineers see those photos, they will all nod and think: "We done good....one wasted Mustang, one driver walks away unharmed."