PDA

View Full Version : Cross country trip

torinodan
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Well, I'm going on a trip starting sometime in the AM. It would be cool to meet up with some or any of you at my overnight stops. First will be Meridian Mississippi, next will be Fort Worth Texas, then El Paso, and finally Yuma Az to San diego. Hopefully I can meet some more of the great members here. P.M. with a # and I will call you. If I don't get any numbers tonight I most likely wont get them till I get to Cali or stop at a McDonalds or something with wireless internet. Later everyone. Dan

This is also a good chance to see how some of my newest mods work for gas mileage.

martyo
04-19-2005, 03:49 PM
If you have an opportunity to meet Dan, you should. He is a great guy! :up:

merc406
04-19-2005, 03:54 PM
Well, I'm going on a trip starting sometime in the AM. It would be cool to meet up with some or any of you at my overnight stops. First will be Meridian Mississippi, next will be Fort Worth Texas, then El Paso, and finally Yuma Az to San diego. Hopefully I can meet some more of the great members here. P.M. with a # and I will call you. If I don't get any numbers tonight I most likely wont get them till I get to Cali or stop at a McDonalds or something with wireless internet. Later everyone. Dan

This is also a good chance to see how some of my newest mods work for gas mileage.

Have a great time Dan, don't forget your toothbrush, and ditch the knee high, ya don't need it, it may hamper your mileage.

Paul T. Casey
04-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Godspeed Dan, hope to see you on down the road. You picked the best vehicle for your trip, enjoy! :banana2:

NAVCHAP
04-19-2005, 05:28 PM
TD: Will pm you, happy to provide assistance or logistical support, or a tour of the ship. Be safe and Semper Fi, -kjs- CPL USMC 87-91

torinodan
04-19-2005, 05:56 PM
TD: Will pm you, happy to provide assistance or logistical support, or a tour of the ship. Be safe and Semper Fi, -kjs- CPL USMC 87-91
I know I'm going to catch up with you out there!! See you then.

jgc61sr2002
04-19-2005, 07:14 PM
Dan - Have a safe trip. :D Enjoy.

NAVCHAP
04-19-2005, 08:29 PM
TD: Sent you my cell & work #s by pm. BTW, there is a great self service car wash at MCRD, only $1.50, courtesy of the taxpayers.

If you need parts or service when you get here, Jefferson-mo can hook you up at the Ford Store off El Cajon Blvd.

Don't buy any wax or cleaning gear, my privilege to supply you with it from my trunk organizer. S/F, -kjs-

LCSO34
04-19-2005, 08:40 PM
DAN, I am in Meridian, call me when you get here I will Buy you lunch,

or Dinner.:D :D

hitchhiker
04-19-2005, 08:55 PM

Have a great trip.

Enjoy San Diego while you're there!

Best Regards,

David

torinodan
04-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Have a great trip.

Enjoy San Diego while you're there!

Best Regards,

David
Well, as long as I go to just a few of the places I remember I should have a great time. At least I have a sister and her kids out there to spend time with too. Your bracket is in the back of the MM right now as I type.

sailsmen
04-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Tornino Dan called he will be in Shreveport to nite any memebers there pm me and I will give you his cell.

CrazyCor15
04-20-2005, 07:30 PM
If some god awful disaster happens within 100 miles of Phoenix, you can always phone me.

NAVCHAP
04-22-2005, 07:08 PM
Just got off the phone with Torinodan, he is in Arizona, doing well, some traffic issues, but he sounded good. Hope to catch up with him over the weekend when he gets to the San Diego area. -kjs-

NAVCHAP
04-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Torino Dan has arrived safely in So-Cal for duty at Camp Pendleton.

Great to hear from him a short time ago, we'll get together tomorrow after I do the chaplain thing on the ship.

We now have a new (temporary) member of the West Coast Marauders.

Dan, hope you enjoy the best base in the Marine Corps, ooh rah! S/F, -kjs-

torinodan
04-23-2005, 09:11 PM
WOW!! what a trip!!! Do you know just how tuff the OEM front tires are? I guess I drove several miles on a flat and never knew it. Ok, it was more than several but I'd rather not say how many I think it was. Tire is still good too:confused: , all I need is a new valve stim. I tried to call everyone who PMed but some numbers didn't want to work, I'll double check them later so I can get hold of you on the return trip. Besides the tire the only other problem I had was my air filter falling off. Just a bungy cord away and that is fixed for now. My average gas mileage was 25.23. Not bad for an average. Hey Kenneth(LCS034), real clean Marauder you have. Now it's time to put on a few mods what do you think? Well, just a few things to catch up on and it's time for bed. Later everyone.

Oh, I almost forgot. When Kenneth left from Wendys where I was eating my lunch at whatever time it was I saw 4 other Marauders go through the intersection. All Black and cleaner than mine at anypoint of my trip. I also saw another black Marauder on I-20 after Meridion. Saw another (Silver one unmarked) in Texas before Fort Worth that had someone pulled over with a highway patrol crown vic. Nom I'm going to bed!!

Haggis
04-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Didn't see this in time or we would have hooked up with you. We were in Tucson for the week on vacation. Oh well good luck in your new duty assisment. :2thumbs:

torinodan
04-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Didn't see this in time or we would have hooked up with you. We were in Tucson for the week on vacation. Oh well good luck in your new duty assisment. :2thumbs:
InnSuites Hotel!!!! No way!!! aw man. You didn't see my Marauder down a block at the Red Roof Inn did ya? Crap, I was about to stay at the InnSuites too but changed my mind at the last:mad:. If only I would had remebered I would have found ya..

CrazyCor15
04-23-2005, 11:27 PM
I tried to call everyone who PMed but some numbers didn't want to work, I'll double check them later so I can get hold of you on the return trip.
Man I feel bad now... glad nothing major happened. I give you my number and it didn't work! wtf...

Gammalu
04-24-2005, 04:10 PM
Torinodan's mom here. I just got off phone with him and he was getting regulation haircut before reporting. He had met Navchap and had a ball driving his Marauder. Of course he wants all the modifications. My son is still a boy with a bigger toy.

NAVCHAP
04-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Torino Dan and I had a nice time riding around, he got a good 25-30 miles behind the wheel, surface roads and highway. The car show we were going to turned out to be a misprint in the magazine. Bet he didn't tell his Mom that the chaplain said "hi" LOL! -kjs-

Gammalu
04-24-2005, 04:39 PM
nope, that young man forgot all about that. I reached him just as he was about to get in barber chair. Dan really did some talking about your car, though. I'll be out for a visit July/August. Hope to meet you then.

Haggis
04-26-2005, 03:42 AM
InnSuites Hotel!!!! No way!!! aw man. You didn't see my Marauder down a block at the Red Roof Inn did ya? Crap, I was about to stay at the InnSuites too but changed my mind at the last:mad:. If only I would had remebered I would have found ya..
No did not see your Marauder. In fact did not see one Marauder the whole time we were out there. :depress:

Glad to hear you had a safe trip, God Bless and good luck.