PDA

View Full Version : Beyond P.O'd

Mad4Macs
04-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Folks...

Today at 1:00 PM in the parking lot of Wendy's, 17 mile and Van Dyke, my Marauder had a window smashed out. 5 laptops were stolen, my personal laptop (17 Apple PowerBook), a co-workers Apple Ibook G4 and 3 Apple iBooks belonging to my client.
If the moderators will allow it, I'd like to post serial numbers of the stolen equipment.
I am still so damned mad that I am shaking!
My car has additional damage. The G.D THIEF tried prying open my door!!!
I'm sick about this...

martyo
04-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Wow. I am bumming for you. I hope they catch the peckerheads who did this.

jgc61sr2002
04-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Sorry to hear that. :( Hope your insurance will cover the loss.

Directedby
04-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Damn!

I feel your pain - what a NIGHTMARE.

merc406
04-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Folks...

Today at 1:00 PM in the parking lot of Wendy's, 17 mile and Van Dyke, my Marauder had a window smashed out. 5 laptops were stolen, my personal laptop (17 Apple PowerBook), a co-workers Apple Ibook G4 and 3 Apple iBooks belonging to my client.
If the moderators will allow it, I'd like to post serial numbers of the stolen equipment.
I am still so damned mad that I am shaking!
My car has additional damage. The G.D THIEF tried prying open my door!!!
I'm sick about this...

You left that high dollar stuff in the car in plain view? :confused:

LimoMerc
04-22-2005, 06:04 PM
merc406, where is your compassion?. Your exacly right but do you have to say it like that?Sorry to hear about your car dude that just bites.

Mad4Macs
04-22-2005, 06:12 PM
You left that high dollar stuff in the car in plain view? :confused:

Of course not...
The 3 from my client were in shipping boxes. Plain brown and unmarked shipping boxes. They were among other plain, brown boxes containing everything from paperwork to garbage.
My laptop, and the one of my co-worker, were both in our individually purchased bags.
They weren't on the seats, either. They were on the floor between the front seats and the rear.
My friggin' iPod, however, was in the cupholder, bright white against a totally black car and wasn't taken!
The car was also full of repair parts. Probably $3k of assorted LCD modules and logic boards and things.
Disgusted...

merc406
04-22-2005, 06:12 PM
merc406, where is your compassion?. Your exacly right but do you have to say it like that?Sorry to hear about your car dude that just bites.

Sorry, your right, what he said ^^ Mad4Macs

MikesMerc
04-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Man that sucks! I'm sorry to hear about this.

Worse yet, I've been at the Wendy's before. Its not like its in a "bad" part of town.

Although its unlikely, I sure hope the cops can catch these scumbags!

Mad4Macs
04-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Sorry, your right, what he said ^^ Mad4Macs

N/P guys... but I'll tell you that my frustration level is way past 11
I took my car in for some work on flipping MONDAY, which included a re-paint of my front bumper cover. I got the car back YESTERDAY and some PUNK a**ed THIEF bashes and steals my HARD EARNED MONEY?!?
And the data on those hard drives... hell... just shoot me now.

Petrograde
04-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Not quite the same thing,.. but close enough...

LANCE
Still got your Malibu?

VINCENT
You know what some f****r did to it
the other day?

LANCE
What?

VINCENT
F****n' keyed it.

LANCE
Oh man, that's f****d up.

VINCENT
Tell me about it. I had the
goddamn thing in storage three
years. It's out five f****n' days
-- five days, and some dickless
piece of $h!t f***s with it.

LANCE
They should be f****n' killed. No
trial, no jury, straight to
execution.

VINCENT
I just wish I caught 'em doin' it,
ya know? Oh man, I'd give anything
to catch 'em doin' it. It'a been
worth his doin' it, if I coulda
just caught 'em, you know what I
mean?

LANCE
It's chicken $h!t. You don't f***
another man's vehicle.

Merc-O-matic
04-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Hang tough......we all face it everyday! :mad:

bigslim
04-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I used to work out that way (General Dynamics) and bowled out there too (Sunnybrook). Never had a problem. Sorry to hear about your loss.

rayjay
04-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. There are two things in this world I hate, liars and thieves. This is the one place I agree with a certain religion, cut off their right hand...

MM2004
04-23-2005, 05:39 AM
You are right on rayjay!

100% in agreement.

Mike.

Sorry to hear about your loss. There are two things in this world I hate, liars and thieves. This is the one place I agree with a certain religion, cut off their right hand...

Hack Goby
04-23-2005, 06:00 AM
I work at the Sterling plant on 17mile and Mound rd. and have been at that wendys countless times and never had a problem.Its in a good area(I thought)I am really sorry that you got targeted.This is happning more often in Oakland and Macomb Countys where the thiefs drive around and look for quick targets.Your lucky they didnt steal the car also. :depress:

Marauder386
04-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Hopefully, somehow, the elctronic signatures of the computers will turn up...just my 2 cents...

:cool:

Mad4Macs
04-23-2005, 08:04 AM
Alright...
The glass shop got the window in. The thief, however, bent things up so badly that I've got to get the car to the dealer because the window jumps track when lowered and raised.
Best of all, when I drove it home, the trannie starting "hunting" and I've got that friggin' groaning noise that I've learned to associate with a torque converter failure. I should know about that sound, because this will be the 3rd time that my transmission has taken a dump.
Guys... this isn't a drag racer. Yup, I accelerate hard and often with it, but most of my 45,000 miles have been on the highway, so there isn't a lot of stopping and starting going on here. I haven't driven this car any differently than any other car that I've owned over the last 22 years, and at 2 years old, this car is rapidly approaching more time in the shop than all the cars I've ever owned.
The disappointment factor is rising.

STLR FN
04-23-2005, 08:17 AM
Sorry to here about the theft.

I believe there should be public beatings for sht like this. Then that way someone would think twice....

Dr Caleb
04-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear of this Mad. As a geek, I know the data lost far outweighs the hardware, and as a Marauder owner who's been vandalized, I know the sense of violation it brings. Hanging's too good for 'em!

And to top it off, your tranny's going again.

To paraphrase a good commercial - "Got Whiskey?"