PDA

View Full Version : Dukes of Hazzard / Knight Rider

twolow
04-23-2005, 08:01 AM
Is it just me or has anyone pondered the rather silly idea of building a replica car of KITT or the General Lee.

I've looked at some replica cars online that people have made and they are pretty cool! A few guys are sporting around a replica of Rosco's police car (eww what a beater)

I think I'm a nerd :nerd:

BK_GrandMarquis
04-23-2005, 09:45 AM
Is it just me or has anyone pondered the rather silly idea of building a replica car of KITT or the General Lee.

I've looked at some replica cars online that people have made and they are pretty cool! A few guys are sporting around a replica of Rosco's police car (eww what a beater)

The General Lee, definitely. KITT, not so much. There was a show on TLC/Rides that had a musician remake a General Lee for himself. He had some good names working on the car. When it was finished, it was called Extreme Lee. I just saw a show on Speed channel about some guy who made a replica of KITT. It even had the weird aircraft type steering wheel. Pretty cool but I think any sporty type car with skinny tires looks odd. :dunno:

chasrein01
04-23-2005, 10:00 AM
I've never thought about doing one of those, but doing a "cobra" kit maybe. In the kit car magazines there is actually an advertiser who sells complete kits (including all the monitors and buttons and such on the dash) for the Kitt car. They even have a voice system to go with it. But that steering wheel would probably be very difficult to deal with in the sharp turns.

Dark_Knight7096
04-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I always wanted to do a KITT that would be hot, but without Mr. Feeny doin the voice it wouldn't be cool.

twolow
04-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Mr Feeny LOL

So true. I'm trying to find the video I saw of a guy who showed off his KITT. It was mint with everything.

twolow
04-23-2005, 10:25 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18839&item=4706841429&rd=1

here is the link to the guy who was selling a KITT replica on Ebay. Check out his videos of the car talking and stuff LOL. Brings back memories of the show :)

MENINBLK
04-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Doing a replica of KITT is very costly today.
There aren't very many Trans Ams left, and the Wheels and Hub Caps are ULTRA HARD to find.

I have a set of the KITT Lights for the grille that I am planning
on putting on the Marauder some day, below the front bumper...

twolow
04-23-2005, 10:53 AM
They may look cool or may not, send pics when you do it :D

Bowman9
04-23-2005, 01:06 PM
You know what would be cool to do?
The 1966 batmobile :)
I saw a kit online at one time.
http://www.cyproductions.com/futura/ourkits.htm
I wonder if you could drop it over a Marauder :)

Also Speed Racers Mach 5 would be cool.
There was one created from scratch for kids charity event, which was very cool. Then some company was customizing corvette's into Mach fives but they didn't look very good.
http://www.driveamach5.com/index.php?id=11

QWK SVT
04-23-2005, 03:12 PM

From time to time, I think about making KITT (maybe not so flashy inside), out of a fourth gen firebird (LS1). Black WS6 would make a badazz KITT. Since my name is Mike, I'd keep the original voice, too :D

twolow
04-23-2005, 03:20 PM
I saw a picture of a later model firebird and it did look good! I wish I knew where it was online so I could show you. The scanning light was killer and blended in well.

CBT
04-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Wow!! A Kitt Replicar?! I'd Be The Coolest Mo-fo At The Dungeons And Dragons Convention!! :d

duhtroll
04-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Now wait just a gol-durned minute there! Dungeons and Dragons conventions may be totally nerdy and lame, but, er . . .

What was I getting at?

The ones you REALLY wanna see (ok, well, not) are the Star Trek conventions. Holy crap.

-A

mpearce
04-23-2005, 08:15 PM
I wish I could hop into my MM like Bo, and Luke Duke hopped through the window of the General Lee. Unfortunately, my shoulders are too wide to pull off this bad a$$, cool guy, 1980's sex symbol maneuver. I have resorted to just opening the door.

-Mat

QWK SVT
04-24-2005, 07:46 AM
The ones you REALLY wanna see (ok, well, not) are the Star Trek conventions. Holy crap.

They're not all nerds... Just look at these two convention goers:laugh:

http://thisisyourworld.com/archive/images/content/1-21_1-28/trekkie_nerds.jpg

Dark_Knight7096
04-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Ok here ya go, i was thinking about doing a smokey and the bandit T/A but with a newer T/A, i was thinking about getting an LS1 T/A and having a custom lip spoiler done up for it, with the pheonix on the hood, and put a CB antenna on the sail panel, i thought that would look sweet.

Also, as of late, i have been thinking about making a replica of the Starsky & Hutch Torino. That would be hot.

BK_GrandMarquis
04-24-2005, 09:26 AM
Doing a replica of KITT is very costly today.
There aren't very many Trans Ams left, and the Wheels and Hub Caps are ULTRA HARD to find.

I have a set of the KITT Lights for the grille that I am planning
on putting on the Marauder some day, below the front bumper...
I still have one of those. Got it at JC Whitney. It was quite a few years ago. I put it on an old Red Pontiac Sunbird. Used it a couple of nights on the road. When I was on the highway, other people moved outta my way. Probably thinking I was a cop or something. They must have beside themselves when they saw a Sunbird drive by. :D Then I got busted driving locally. Got a ticket and had to take em off. :bigcry: They were cool though. You even had a speed control for the lights.

N40GL
04-25-2005, 08:11 AM
(and I am, of course).

Speaking of replicas, I always wanted to build an "ADAM-12" replica, if I could ever find a 1968 Plymouth Belvedere that wasn't all rust. Those of you who know me know my love for vintage cars, and I thought this might be a nice way to create a car for car shows and such. Plus, growing up in Los Angeles around the time "ADAM-12" was filmed, the show always has a special place in my heart (even now, when I catch a rerun, I can usually have a 'Gee, I remember that place' moment watching the background).

I know there's a guy in New York that's done it and shows his car, and another ex-cop in Redondo Beach that scooped up an ex-Detective car and recreated "ADAM-12", but every so often I scan Hemmings to see what's out there....

Shaft333
04-25-2005, 08:35 AM
I'd like to build a Mad Max car. Although I'd prefer to have a real blower.

MaLo03
04-25-2005, 09:46 AM

These guys are located in Kissimmee Florida. They did my T-Tops on my GTA about 5 years ago. I got to see them working on a KITT, Very nice. Check them out, they do good work. Eggie
http://www.markscustomkits.com/

CBT
04-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Now that T/A idea would be nice to see.
Ok here ya go, i was thinking about doing a smokey and the bandit T/A but with a newer T/A, i was thinking about getting an LS1 T/A and having a custom lip spoiler done up for it, with the pheonix on the hood, and put a CB antenna on the sail panel, i thought that would look sweet.

Also, as of late, i have been thinking about making a replica of the Starsky & Hutch Torino. That would be hot.