PDA

View Full Version : So what do you Make of This ??

Bluerauder
04-29-2005, 05:50 AM
Received the following letter from my L/M dealer .... (in part):

"We are in need of acquiring several pre-owned Lincoln-Mercury vehicles by May 15th, 2005, in order to fulfill special vehicle requests. You have been identified as the possible owner of one of these vehicles and our new car managers have been authorized to buy back your current vehicle at above market prices.

We would like to exchange your vehicle for any new 2005 vehicle from Lincoln-Mercury.... This will be your only notification.:
Do they really want my Blue MM?? Or is this just a come-on to get me back in the showroom?? :rolleyes: I guess they just don't know how much I really love this car. :D Now maybe a straight up trade for 2 new cars ... I'd have to think about that .... ;)

Mike Poore
04-29-2005, 06:10 AM

Do they really want my Blue MM?? Or is this just a come-on to get me back in the showroom?? :rolleyes: I guess they just don't know how much I really love this car. :D Now maybe a straight up trade for 2 new cars ... I'd have to think about that .... ;)
Ha, ha, Charlie, what's to think about? Those dopes don't have the slightest idea what car you're driving. What do you want to bet they think it's a Grand Marquis? :rolleyes: Frankly I don't see anything in the L/M inventory that I'd trade mine for, straight up. :)

mcb26
04-29-2005, 06:17 AM
I got one of them about a 6 months ago. Just for the heck of it went down. Told them the only trade I would even consider was an 04 Marauder.They didn't have a clue what a Marauder was. The giveaway was one of those Caribian rippoff cruses. Don't bother.

Haggis
04-29-2005, 06:20 AM

I also recieved one of them their letters. Filed it after I read it, they only want to sell you another car or something they call a car.

Bradley G
04-29-2005, 06:36 AM
Seems like the Dealers,(since alot have no credibility)Use the "Factory" or "Manufacturer's" sale to give the public the impression the sale is not limited to the dealers resources.

These form letters get sent by seperate companies to you by the wagonload.
Ford credit sends "pre approval" letters to thier finance customers,It may say you are approved for a dollar ammount on the letter.
Don't believe! it has no merit.
I love the dealers philosophy: spend huge money on advertising,Screw this guy :rolleyes: thier is another one waiting?
Bradley G

03marauder
04-29-2005, 06:39 AM
Yeah, I got one of those letters a few months ago. It said I was the owner of a high demand used vehicle. They wanted me to come to the dealership to discuss the matter, or something like that. I just filed it right into the garbage. There was no way I would think about changing cars.

Blue03
04-29-2005, 06:56 AM
I've been gettin these for years for Mrs Blue03's 2000 Mystique. You know it's got to be a dealer "come on down" hustle to get you into the showroom to work some Magic on you. Thing is... it must work on the masses...they still keep sending them. I chuckle at the "High Demand" on my other MM (Mercury Mistake) and promptly place it in the appropriate round file. :bs:

ckadiddle
04-29-2005, 07:29 AM
It's just BS to get yo to walk back onto their car lot.

AzMarauder
04-29-2005, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I got one of those letters a few months ago. It said I was the owner of a high demand used vehicle. They wanted me to come to the dealership to discuss the matter, or something like that. I just filed it right into the garbage. There was no way I would think about changing cars.
Well... remember.... we do have one of the top ten desirable used cars!

teamrope
04-29-2005, 08:13 AM
I got one from the local Chevy dealer saying the same thing about their pre owned truck invantory. I don't think they are gonna want a 19 yo truck with 250K on the odometer though. :)

It's just marketing.

Bluerauder
04-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Ha, ha, Charlie, what's to think about? Those dopes don't have the slightest idea what car you're driving. What do you want to bet they think it's a Grand Marquis? :rolleyes:
That's the same thought that crossed my mind .... ".... Uh, Uh, that's a Mitsubishi Marauder, right??" :rofl: Clueless !! :rolleyes: The come-on letter was tossed into the File 13 and :banned:

Merc-O-matic
04-29-2005, 04:43 PM
You trade in your car and buy a new one,
they make MONEY!
They don't know the difference between a Marauder and a Kia.

Gotta Love It! :o

Petrograde
04-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Yup,. I got one last week....

It went straight to the shredder.

jgc61sr2002
04-29-2005, 06:06 PM
It's all about making money, just another angle to get you in their showroom.