PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint radar problems/LlumarPlatinumPlus

Geo
04-29-2005, 02:46 PM
I went to the Llumar website ( http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/Automotive/auto.html ). This is great stuff. The Platinum Plus seems to be a metallic tint.

The concept of rader detectors not working though I would think would only apply to the effectiveness of the detector receiving rear radar beams. The beams coming from the front (which is where we usually get them) are unobstructed from any tint as the windshield is never tinted. So isn't metallic tint (or other types) that obstruct radar a mute point?

BTW How much $ would if cost to tint an Marauder's 4 windows ballpark? Llumar or otherwise? I know everywhere is different but there must be an average.

With the Llumar technology, is there any need to go with the reflective tint (as opposed to black) to protect the interior better and to keep the 100 degree heat to a minimum, other than cosmetic preference ofcourse? The last thing I need is a tint job that makes no difference in the heat deparment.

G

twolow
04-29-2005, 02:56 PM
I paid $190 this week for 13% tint on 4 doors & back glass. I forgot the exact name of the tint, its on the warranty paperwork at home. Sounds something like what your talking about though.

jgc61sr2002
04-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I have Llumar and paid $150.00.

Merc-O-matic
04-29-2005, 04:31 PM
Try "FormulaOne" Pinnacle Tint....Top of the Line.
No problem with AM/FM radios or Radar/GPS/Compass or other
electronic devices. Tint is ceramic..guaranteed for life.
higher quality than Llumar...and made by the same people
who make Llumar. Costs a little more, but worth it!

Gotta Love It! :P

twolow
04-29-2005, 04:37 PM
I looked mine up, it was Solar Guard HP Titanium. Looks great.

dwasson
04-29-2005, 08:52 PM
You know of course that the metallic flim gives you a larger radar profile.

Geo
05-03-2005, 04:44 AM
That FormulaOne looks ideal.

Yes I can see how the metal tint can be a problem for radar reflection too.

Yet even more, if it reflects the outside beams, you could also trap interior beams from escaping such as cell phone microwaves and BlueTooth signals.

G

Gunslinger
05-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Try "FormulaOne" Pinnacle Tint....Top of the Line.
No problem with AM/FM radios or Radar/GPS/Compass or other
electronic devices. Tint is ceramic..guaranteed for life.
higher quality than Llumar...and made by the same people
who make Llumar. Costs a little more, but worth it!

Gotta Love It! :P

I've got the ceramic based tint. It is incredible, how well it keeps the car cooled off; even on the hottest days. I'd recommend FormulaOne, hands down.