PDA

View Full Version : A Letter I Just Got From A Soldier.

TheDealer
04-29-2005, 08:08 PM
This makes doing the cruise night worth it.
This is beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBoneCrusher
Ray,

You don't know me, but you are raising money for me and my fellow troops. I was wondering if there was anything that I can do for you in return. The only thing that I can really do, would be to fly an American flag in your honor. That flag would then be sent to you with a certificate of authenticity. If this is something that you would like, then please feel free to let me know. I would be able to get it shipped to you sometime in July. Once again, thanks for all that you have done.

Jim Prasse
aka JimBoneCrusher
US Army

Jim, I would be honored to have the flag flown in my honor. I don't do this to get anything in return except the great feeling for me to do something for the people that are doing something for me, keeping me free and safe. I was never in the military, was in the 1969 first draft lottery and drew a 254. I was going to in list, until the lottery. I have always had respect for the military. I had been doing this cruise night for a couple of years for other charities. After 911 and friend who is a vet said to me, why not do it for the troops. I've been doing it ever since. The greatest feeling is having a soldier write me like you did and thank me. I was invited to the Willow Grove Naval Air Station, to the 111th Fighter Wing of the Pa National Guard back in 2002. I was presented a plague award thanking in me for what I do. I never wanted or expected it. I was touring the base and every soldier that past me, thanked me. I thanked them and told them that what I do is nothing compared to what you guys are doing for us. When I die, I know I will be remembered for something good. That's enough for me. Thanx, Ray Jermyn Sr.
Northeast Lincoln Mercury
Phila. Pa.

Bigdogjim
04-29-2005, 08:24 PM
What more can you ask for!

Ray your a hella of guy :2thumbs:

cruzer
04-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Ray, it is heart warming to see what you are doing for our servicemen--so many people today are too busy making money to think about those who make it possible--between my family and my wife's family, there are 11 veterans--thank God we all made it home safely. You deserve the thanks of our troops for being a caring human being--keep up the good work--would have liked to have been at the event--maybe some day. Maury

Bradley G
04-29-2005, 08:30 PM
good Job Ray!

Your efforts are very noble:flag: :nworthy:
Thanks for sharing
Now can I have free parts?:D J/K
Bradley G

TheDealer
04-29-2005, 08:32 PM
You have to go to Marauderville. :banana:

ncmm
04-29-2005, 08:35 PM
:thanks: for sharing :flag: :flag:

Bradley G
04-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I hope to be there(MVIII) Ray!

I would be honored to buy you a drink!:beer: :bows:
Bradley G

You have to go to Marauderville. :banana:

01 Interceptor
04-29-2005, 10:55 PM
These are the things in life that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. Keep up the good work Ray, and keep posting letters that you receive from our troops. :flag:

Gunslinger
04-30-2005, 02:23 AM
Thanks for sharing Ray. Keep up the good work! Its more appreciated than you realize.

04funmerc
04-30-2005, 05:08 AM
Thanks Ray:bows: All the "volenteers" need and deserve our respect and support, we also need more people of your caliber in the world. :bows: THANKS

JIM. Not a vet, just lost too many friends to Nam.:mad2:

jgc61sr2002
04-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Ray - Nice job. :2thumbs: You should be commended for the work you do supporting our troops. :thanks:

natedog1284
05-02-2005, 12:19 PM
Amen to that. We're all thankful for what you do.

LordVader
05-02-2005, 01:24 PM
:bows: :bows: Ray...keep up the good work. As a veteran it does the ol' ticker good to know that people like you support the men and women who are on the front line!