PDA

View Full Version : Harrisburg Gun Show

Mike Poore
04-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Who was that at the Harrisburg (PA) Gun Show today in the Silver Birch MM? Any of you guys? :dunno:

I almost bought a Philadelphia Fox/ejectors, 12ga, and another small frame 16ga, without ejectors. Tha 16ga was a little high & he wouldn't budge, so I passed. The 12ga had a problem which they will get fixed, then call me.

Shaft333
04-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Tell me more about the new acquisition.
I'm hoping to pick up a new scattergun soon, but I have much information to absorb.
I'm really hoping on finding a nice used American made SxS. Just my budget is tight.

Mike Poore
05-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Tell me more about the new acquisition.
I'm hoping to pick up a new scattergun soon, but I have much information to absorb.
I'm really hoping on finding a nice used American made SxS. Just my budget is tight.
If you'll except a modern SxS, take a look at the new Ruger Gold Label. ~ $1,700. If you must have a turn of the century American SxS then the Philadelphia Fox is a good place to start, and an excellant value. ($800 -$1,500) in the lower grade 12ga guns. I'm gonna get flamed for saying this, but do yourself a favor and avoid L.C. Smith, not because they aren't good guns, but because they are mechanically difficult, and there are problems with cracked stocks that are difficult to resolve.