PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Rims w/ Tires

blackf0rk
05-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Has anyone ever shipped rims to anyone here? I have some rims I want to sell, and someone has offered to buy them, but can't figure out how to ship the besides the obvious - put 'em in boxes. But even at that, I'l have to find a box that would fit it perfectly or it wouldn't work too good.

Any suggestions? :confused:

fastblackmerc
05-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Has anyone ever shipped rims to anyone here? I have some rims I want to sell, and someone has offered to buy them, but can't figure out how to ship the besides the obvious - put 'em in boxes. But even at that, I'l have to find a box that would fit it perfectly or it wouldn't work too good.

Any suggestions? :confused:
Have you tried the UPS Store? My son had to ship the front buckets and rear seats from a '92 Camaro to California. The UPS Store packaged them and they arrived without a scratch. It might cost more to ship the tires and wheels assembled. I'd seperate them and band 2 tires together, send them like that (that's the way two tire came from a eBay auction I won) and have the UPS Store box the wheels.

Disclaimer: I have no interest in any UPS Store financial or otherwise....

2003 MIB
05-03-2005, 02:45 PM
You're gonna make four packages. If you are shipping 18" wheels cut some cardboard into 8 18" squares. Duct tape (1 ROLL per tire) in a cross pattern securing a square to the face of the wheel and a square to the back of the wheel. Put the lugs inside a ziploc bag inside one of the wheels. Piece of cake. Did this two months ago with Focus rims- all a-okay.

Note to Canadians- I am the American Red Greene:)

TechHeavy
05-03-2005, 02:49 PM
Have you tried the UPS Store? My son had to ship the front buckets and rear seats from a '92 Camaro to California. The UPS Store packaged them and they arrived without a scratch. It might cost more to ship the tires and wheels assembled. I'd seperate them and band 2 tires together, send them like that (that's the way two tire came from a eBay auction I won) and have the UPS Store box the wheels.

Disclaimer: I have no interest in any UPS Store financial or otherwise....
What he said ^^^^ !! :D

Bradley G
05-03-2005, 02:56 PM
I just recieved a wheel from an e-bay auction,it arrived in a carton with Ford Part#'s.If you call a local dealer they may give you them.

Bradley G

MaLo03
05-03-2005, 03:24 PM
I sold 5 boxes of Encyclopedia weight 55lbs each on e-bay.
The buyer paid 347.00 to deliver them to Malaysia.
Here is the address of the shipping company:
http://www.exel.com/exel/home
hope that helps.
Eggie

twolow
05-03-2005, 03:26 PM
I have recieved rims already mounted on tires and they simply zip tied two rims together and wrapped it in brown paper and a bunch of packing tape and stuck the label on top. Not very fancy but it worked and they were scratch free.

SergntMac
05-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Over the past two years, I've shipped and received wheels and tires, individually and mounted, all over the country. My vote is for the UPS store, they have been great.

G-Man
05-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Over the past two years, I've shipped and received wheels and tires, individually and mounted, all over the country. My vote is for the UPS store, they have been great.SergentMac,

Do you use any special boxes for the wheels, or do you just use boxes from UPS? I'm thinking about getting my wheels chromed and am trying to work out the logistics.

SHERIFF
05-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Cut 27" or 28" circles out of thick cardboard boxes. Put one on front and one on rear of wheel. Then duct tape them to hell and back. But only FedEx will accept them this way. I think UPS requires they be in a box now, or they charge you extra.

bigslim
05-03-2005, 08:37 PM
I used plastic wrapping and tape. I got it from the U-Haul store. It was a wide three foot roll of plastic. I then used the UPS store.

Petrograde
05-04-2005, 03:13 AM
I just took mine to the local UPS store and said.. "could you wrap this please?"

It cost me in the neighborhood of $20, but it saved me the trouble.