PDA

View Full Version : Look out for Buick

Rob1559
05-04-2005, 07:03 PM
I saw this on a bike site. It is supposed to be the 2007 GNX.
450 hp
0-60 4.2
1/4 12.8
$38,000
GTO clone which means wait a year and get it cheap.

MarauderMark
05-04-2005, 07:19 PM
450 hp
0-60 4.2
1/4 12.8
$38,000
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63 35

Sharp lookin ..Really Shaweeeeet!May be for me.:up:

QWK SVT
05-04-2005, 07:27 PM

Sharp lookin ..Really Shaweeeeet!May be for me.:up:
I think it's a fair bit better looking than the GTO (maybe it's the all blacked out look)... Wonder what the powertrain is??? I'd love to see another Turbo6, but I doubt it. Probably just another LSx V8...

BillyGman
05-04-2005, 11:05 PM
sorry, it doesn't do anything for me. It still has that door wedge shape just like the GTO. I'd much prefer the 07 Shelby GT500 which will have a broader powerband. Just my opinion folks.

David Morton
05-04-2005, 11:43 PM
I must agree with BillyG.

It's a door stop, so if I shop,

I'd hate to be saying, "Dang,

I coulda had a Mustang."

:D

BillyGman
05-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Call me crazy, but if you really want to know what that body style reminds me of, I have to tell you that the grill and the hood of that hideous car reminds me of the creature in the movie "Jeepers Creepers" :D..... look at the pics below and tell me if that thing's forehead looks like the hood and the grill on this car to you. Because it sure does to me. :)

David Morton
05-05-2005, 01:13 AM
You're not crazy Billy, it does resemble the creature.

I think it's styling is just too "busy".

Too many lines and angles. The mid '90s Impala was the last really good body style GM had. And I thought it was a bit "pantherish".

Seems GM has been doing a lot of that in the last few years. Maybe that's why their sales are tanking.

I think the car would look better if they just put a plain flat hood on it. AKA, no scoops.

BillyGman
05-05-2005, 01:26 AM
yeah, that hood just makes it look like the "Creature from the Black Lagoon"...just put some type of marine life set of ears on the front wheel wells , and it can be the star in a cheap Horror flick.:D

Sorry people. I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I couldn't resist. Forgive me if I've displayed bad manners.

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-05-2005, 03:29 AM
I had a "real" GN from 87-01. I miss that car. :(

This one looks good but seems to small.

Bobby Clobber
05-05-2005, 04:28 AM
I thought Buick was in trouble and G.M. was contemplating discontinuing the brand much like what happened to Oldsmobile? :confused:

King Fubar
05-05-2005, 04:42 AM
Probably their last ditch effort...

prchrman
05-05-2005, 04:44 AM
Not a real project...just someone,s photoshop job...not going to happen...willie

Big House
05-05-2005, 05:15 AM
Like the GTO...it looks like a Pontiac Sunfire on Steriods...I will definitly pass on it.

Wires
05-05-2005, 05:20 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~v8torque/Buickpps.jpgI prefer the old Buicks.
(Weighs about the same as a Marauder, well, 300 pounds or so more)

rookie1
05-05-2005, 05:23 AM
I thought Buick was in trouble and G.M. was contemplating discontinuing the brand much like what happened to Oldsmobile? :confused:

This is absolutely true, Buick is on the bubble.........not enough brand seperation in GM stables.

seans
05-05-2005, 05:28 AM
Marauder S/C #5,

I had an 87 Grand National too. Just like you I wish I hadn't sold it. It only had 27,000 original miles when I sold it in 2002 and it was already :bigcry: paid off. If I had kept that I would be able to afford to super charge my Marauder today.

Shaft333
05-05-2005, 05:29 AM
The platform had been dropped.

Whether you like the style, the concept was good. An American made and branded, RWD, high horsepower (rumors of a V8 or a turbo 6 - either boasting over 400hp) motor...
What's not to like?!
Plans on making versions for a GNX, GTO and possibly a Camaro. A convertable was also a possibility.

Despite the rumors.. GM scrapped the plan. They can't sell enough trucks to consider something... cool.

Buick and Pontiac aren't dead yet. -Yet.-

Bradley G
05-05-2005, 05:49 AM
May be a bit jadded at this point,Lots of small ,fast choices are available.

Adding perfume and bows to a pig doesn't change the animal.Bottom line ;The car is too small and lacks any heritage now.More recently, GM is notorious for producing generic looking designs.( I do not include Grand Nationals in the generic catagory)
I hope GM gets a big kick in the face,maybe that will get them to rethink thier direction. I'm done!. Sorry for the negetivity:P
Bradley G

DEFYANT
05-05-2005, 06:05 AM
For a buick, it's alright. I'll never own one, but its cool.

wsmylie
05-05-2005, 07:55 AM
History keeps popping up.....Hudson vs Nash, Packard vs Stude, Desoto vs Dodge-Chrysler, Olds vs Pontiac-Buick, Plymouth vs Dodge. To keep product development and manufacturing/tooling costs down they keep resorting to "badge engineering" again and again with the end result being a blurring of brand identity and market. Now Buick and Pontiac are on the block. At least GM was able to re-define Cadillac as a separate and unique marque before it was too late. Wonder what's in store for Chevrolet truck vs GMC??
This is absolutely true, Buick is on the bubble.........not enough brand seperation in GM stables.

MaLo03
05-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Marauder S/C #5,

I had an 87 Grand National too. Just like you I wish I hadn't sold it. It only had 27,000 original miles when I sold it in 2002 and it was already :bigcry: paid off. If I had kept that I would be able to afford to super charge my Marauder today.
I feel you seans, I too had an 87 GN that I purchased back in 86 Brand New and sold it about 3 years ago with only 48K miles.
If Buick is to bring this GNx back, they should do a retro 80's look to compliment it.
GTO body is way too small, the new Monte Carlo body is kinda nice.
Eggie

twolow
05-05-2005, 08:19 AM
As priviously posted, the car pic is a fake. Looks good, but is not a real concept.

merc
05-05-2005, 08:41 AM
I like the 2007 Camaro better then the buick

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr_5camaro/ :drool:

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Marauder S/C #5,

I put 35,000 miles on it in 14 years. Sold it in 2001. :(

MarauderMark
05-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I put 35,000 miles on it in 14 years. Sold it in 2001. :(

You must like to walk alot.You dont seem to put much mileage on any vehicals as far as i can see..

blackf0rk
05-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Just when you think the auto industry is getting their heads on straight and start making american muscle cars again, they go an screw it up by making 'em all riced out and european.:mad2:

King Fubar
05-05-2005, 06:35 PM
You must like to walk alot.You dont seem to put much mileage on any vehicals as far as i can see..

With all the money he spent on shoes from walking he could've gotten a GT....:D

But then he wouldn't drive that either :laugh:

Haggis
05-05-2005, 06:45 PM

Keep it I have a MARAUDER!!

Joe Walsh
05-05-2005, 07:29 PM
As priviously posted, the car pic is a fake. Looks good, but is not a real concept.

That's too bad.....I was already trying to figure out if those black spoke rims would fit on my Marauder.... :drool:

merc
05-05-2005, 07:35 PM
That's too bad.....I was already trying to figure out if those black spoke rims would fit on my Marauder.... :drool:

They will fit your car Joe, they are made by Kazera (model kz-a). Check out tire rack.

grzellmer
05-05-2005, 07:42 PM
Interesting discussion on the Buick GN.

Spin the clock back to 1986. Anybody remember what the top selling car was in 1986. It was the Olds Cutlass. Sold more than 400K of them. So GM, in their inifinite wisdom, decides to screw with it. Lets downsize it and make it FWD. If we build it they will come, right???

They had something with the Buick GN, Monte SS and Pontiac 2+2 but they killed it, just like every other good idea they have had in the last 20 years.

Sorry for the rant. Sometimes it seems like we're the only ones left on the face of the earth that aren't awed by "European Styling"

Just one more. I like the 07 Camaro. Think it will make it to market that way. Nooo. They'll have to round over the nose to make it more aerodynamic. Just once, couldn't they give the middle index figure to aerodynamics for some STYLE and stick with it. (And no, the brick they call a Hummer does not have any style.)

OK, Prozac is kicking in. Yes, much better. Ha, Ha

Merc-O-matic
05-05-2005, 07:52 PM
450 hp
0-60 4.2
1/4 12.8
$38,000

GTO Clone..... could be time to buy another BuicK!

Gotta Love It! :rolleyes:

QWK SVT
05-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Buick's Velite concept (pictured below) is regarded as a preview of the upcoming Buick Riviera. It's based off the same platform as the GTO. The concept was powered by a twin-turbo 400 hp 3.6L V6. There's you're GNX power train, waiting to be dropped in :burnout:
http://motortrend.com/future/concepts/112_0405_first_velite01_l.jpg

Just one more. I like the 07 Camaro. Think it will make it to market that way. Nooo. They'll have to round over the nose to make it more aerodynamic. Just once, couldn't they give the middle index figure to aerodynamics for some STYLE and stick with it. (And no, the brick they call a Hummer does not have any style.)

Having owned a couple I'm interested in seeing a new Camaro. The redesigned Mustang, and Dodge's hemi-powered vehicles may help push it. There's a lot of talk about it... Right now, it's pretty much just that. Talk :depress:

Here's the latest rumor:
Holden will introduce a concept called the Torrana at the Sydney International Auto Show. The revived Torrana will be a V6 powered four door based on a HEAVILY modified version of the Kappa platform. This new platform will be almost midsized, and almost certainly will include room for a V8 engine, and a backseat. Rumor has it that GM has taken two approaches to developing a mid-sized RWD car. One is GM North America's idea, which is the larger version of Kappa platform we see in the Torrana. The other, earlier Australian proposal was to make a smaller Zeta. The GM NA Kappa based proposal won, and is now moving through development.

This is rumored to have put the folks at Chevy in an interesting situation. Almost everyone knows that Chevy will have a mid-sized coupe that will debut with the new GTO in 2007. The assumption up until now has been that this Chevy performance coupe would share the GTO's Zeta platform, but have much tighter styling and be named "Camaro". However, now that this extended-Kappa has come along, it is rumored some Chevy people are saying "Hey wait a minute!” There are grumblings that the Chevy performance coupe that we all think is going to be the Camaro, may be given a different name instead. Then Chevy would develop a Camaro much truer in proportion on the new "extended-Kappa" platform with V6's and V8's. The rumor going now says that this is just in the consideration stage, but a decision will need to be made soon; as the Zeta based Chevy performance coupe is nearing several production deadlines. It is unknown if switching platforms would delay the Camaro's return, or if so, how many years. Fact of the matter is, Chevy wants something to counter the Mustang and upcoming Dodge pony car ASAP.

http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0309phr-5camaro05_z.jpg

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums//attachment.php?attachmentid=11 585

valkyrie
05-06-2005, 05:28 AM
450 hp
0-60 4.2
1/4 12.8
$38,000

Buick may be out of business before 2007.