PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to Techheavy

Rider90
05-04-2005, 09:05 PM
On any given day, with the right time, I browse up to six different car forums that I frequent. One thing that stays common is everyone is a fan of the man driving the brown truck, for obvious reasons. I remember when my KDW2 tires came I was glued to the window like a dog spotting a rabbit. They came the next day. I think he was messing with me.

Anyways, HERE is to Dave aka TechHeavy, a UPS man, and the link between the supplier and our Marauder.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Yup, random I know. Cheers!

Sully008
05-04-2005, 09:21 PM
On any given day, with the right time, I browse up to six different car forums that I frequent. One thing that stays common is everyone is a fan of the man driving the brown truck, for obvious reasons. I remember when my KDW2 tires came I was glued to the window like a dog spotting a rabbit. They came the next day. I think he was messing with me.

Anyways, HERE is to Dave aka TechHeavy, a UPS man, and the link between the supplier and our Marauder.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Yup, random I know. Cheers!

I'll second this... the man in the brown van delivered my Xcalibrator today. :beer: :beer:

FordNut
05-04-2005, 09:56 PM
I want to see them race the big brown truck.

Bigdogjim
05-04-2005, 10:06 PM
I want to see them race the big brown truck.
That would be so cool:woohoo: :run:

MM03MOK
05-05-2005, 03:36 AM
I want to see them race the big brown truck.They did that on an episode of King of Queens....street racing. :lol:

Bradley G
05-05-2005, 04:02 AM
LoL ,

Last year at DMC,thier was a drag race garbage truck.
That was one rig I'll never forget.:P
I have so many things cooking right now, I am thinking of setting up a roadblock for Mr. Brown.:rolleyes:
I drove a package truck,on a temporary assignment, for the x-mas season long befor the no sig/electronic days( i know that was before dirt, was dusty) .
Hey Dave, Do they still call a route with many stops and little travel time a ,"muscle route"?
Here's to you!, for a job well done!:toast: :trophy1: :sunshine:
Bradley G

ckadiddle
05-05-2005, 07:56 AM
Hats off to the men in Brown. My set of 4 KDW2s went out from the local distribution point early this morning. Should be waiting for me when I get home from work today. I am really impressed with the technology that allows me to track my Tire Rack order via UPS. Too cool for words.

If I were fantastically wealthy, I would donate full Reinhart treatments to all the UPS trucks in Florida. Then the guys and girls that bring us the goodies could enjoy them too.
:burn:

Mike Poore
05-05-2005, 10:32 AM
They painted flames on one of 'em, up here in Gettysburg. :burn:

TechHeavy
05-05-2005, 11:34 AM

Yup, random I know. Cheers!You crack me up Rider. Thanks for the nice words. I love my job, and really love seeing the looks of customer's faces who are obviously very anxiously awaiting the package, (like your's must have been with the tire delivery).
I'll be getting back to my Mall route starting Monday... that's right, just one mall... a big new one on the west side of town... all day long! I hear that elevator music in my dreams, and when my kids ask to go to the mall on the weekends I groan!

I'll second this... the man in the brown van delivered my Xcalibrator today. Hi Sully.

I want to see them race the big brown truck.I want to drive it!

That would be so cool Us drivers do, "sort of" have races with each other each morning as we pull off the property. We call it the "brown wave" as all 242 of us leave at he same time. Local traffic knows what time we leave the property and they avoid the area! lol.

They did that on an episode of King of Queens....street racing. I saw that one! Great episode!

LoL ,

Last year at DMC,thier was a drag race garbage truck.
That was one rig I'll never forget.
I have so many things cooking right now, I am thinking of setting up a roadblock for Mr. Brown.
I drove a package truck,on a temporary assignment, for the x-mas season long befor the no sig/electronic days( i know that was before dirt, was dusty) .
Hey Dave, Do they still call a route with many stops and little travel time a ,"muscle route"?
Here's to you!, for a job well done!
Bradley GHi Bradley,
Yes, they do! As a matter of fact my Mall route is one of these. I sometimes cart in over 300 packages to all the different stores, and pick up another couple hundred or so...
Thanks buddy.

Hats off to the men in Brown. My set of 4 KDW2s went out from the local distribution point early this morning. Should be waiting for me when I get home from work today. I am really impressed with the technology that allows me to track my Tire Rack order via UPS. Too cool for words.

If I were fantastically wealthy, I would donate full Reinhart treatments to all the UPS trucks in Florida. Then the guys and girls that bring us the goodies could enjoy them too.
Hi! I tell all my customers that UPS really does have the best tracking available. We've just implemented Diad IV which is really a big PDA with a color screen. GPS is available for maps and directions and wireless connectivity comes built in. How all this helps customers is that in the very near future, (probably by the end of the year) not only will a customer be able to tell if the package is in town for delivery, (by tracking online) but will be able to pin-point the EXACT location of his package. "Your package is currently at the intersection of 36th St. and Maple. There are 5 scheduled stops before it reaches your location. Estimated time: 23 minutes."
How cool is that?? !! http://www.mercurymarauder.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

They painted flames on one of 'em, up here in Gettysburg. http://www.mercurymarauder.com/forums/images/smilies/burnout1.gifHi Mike,
We have one too. I think every major hub has one. http://www.mercurymarauder.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Bradley G
05-06-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey Dave, I just thought of another thing that used to happen almost daily while

driving for Big Brown.
Well two things;I could literally park anywhere I chose:D
And secondly, I can still hear the customers saying,"here is Mr. OOPs!":rolleyes:
Bradley G

Once, On the Job;
I drove straight through a fourway stop,right in front of an LEO sitting in a church Parking lot,without even Knowing(honest to God)He pulled me over and Yelled at Me,"Don't even tell me, you did not see that four way stop back there":mad2: I was only 22 at the time and looked like a deer in brightlights:eek:
He was satisfied with, just administering some abuse.:argh: :nono: LOL

Slowpoke
05-07-2005, 04:58 AM
I run an import/export wholesale company - we ship lots and lots of UPS packages every day and are a 'preferred customer'. gotta love UPS!

ckadiddle
05-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Hi! I tell all my customers that UPS really does have the best tracking available. We've just implemented Diad V which is really a big PDA with a color screen. GPS is available for maps and directions and wireless connectivity comes built in. How all this helps customers is that in the very near future, (probably by the end of the year) not only will a customer be able to tell if the package is in town for delivery, (by tracking online) but will be able to pin-point the EXACT location of his package. "Your package is currently at the intersection of 36th St. and Maple. There are 5 stops before it reaches your location. Estimated time: 23 minutes."
How cool is that?? !! http://www.mercurymarauder.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Too cool for words! I can stand at the end of the driveway with my arms out! LOL