PDA

View Full Version : Saleens and Team Ford Marietta

Hawkszone
05-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I friend of mine has recently purchased a brand spanking new 05 Saleen Mustang S281. He bought it from Team Ford of Gwinnett, but the dealership hasn't really impressed him. :help:

Being an active member of Crownvic.net and a Panther enthusiast, I know that you Marauder guys in Georgia have had good success with Team Ford of Marietta.

My buddy is having the Saleen twin screw supercharger installed on his Saleen soon (wasn't available when he got it) and wants it done right.

Who at Team Ford of Marietta should I have my friend get into contact with?

His girlfriend is even considering a Saleen purchase so they will certainly be in need of a dependable service department for thier high performance stable...

Logan
05-05-2005, 05:33 PM
TAF and martyo know the answer to that one, you might want to PM them.

SergntMac
05-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Yep. That should work.

The man to see in ATL is a wrench with the screen name of "Shankin", both here, and at www.svtperformance.com If you can't find him, reach out for our own Donny Carlson, who's in the know on this stuff.

One way, or, another, we can get you hooked up with the right people, just keep asking?

FordNut
05-05-2005, 07:07 PM
I friend of mine has recently purchased a brand spanking new 05 Saleen Mustang S281. He bought it from Team Ford of Gwinnett, but the dealership hasn't really impressed him. :help:

Being an active member of Crownvic.net and a Panther enthusiast, I know that you Marauder guys in Georgia have had good success with Team Ford of Marietta.

My buddy is having the Saleen twin screw supercharger installed on his Saleen soon (wasn't available when he got it) and wants it done right.

Who at Team Ford of Marietta should I have my friend get into contact with?

His girlfriend is even considering a Saleen purchase so they will certainly be in need of a dependable service department for thier high performance stable...
Scott Levine. No better wrench anywhere. Has his own immaculate MkVIII with a Vortech blower pushing over 650 RWHP and he is as meticulous with all the enthusiasts' cars he works on as he is with his own.

martyo
05-05-2005, 07:27 PM
A new blower will require a new tune too, so here is how I would go (if it were my money):

Jeff Harris (Shankin here) for the blower install (you should have seen/heard the Whipple Charger he was working on this past weekend!)

Aric Carrion (of Injected Engineering) for the tune. Aric is a part of the "team" at Team Ford and he is a whiz with the keyboard. (Inside tip: You'll want to stock up on Marlboro reds to feed Aric while he works!). Aric is already making some serious magic with the '05 Mustangs.

You can call me at (914) 582-6262 and I will give you the low down on how to reach these guys. I get into the office at 6:30 a.m., but will be in Court from 9:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. ish on Friday.

Oh yeah, here is why I am qualified to say what I have said:

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Marauder/atf.sized.jpg

Donny Carlson
05-05-2005, 08:44 PM
TF Marietta is a Saleen dealer, and would be perfect for the blower installation. Jeff is a good choice, but I have to say it's hard to find anyone to beat Scott, who used to work at Steeda putting blowers on Mustangs, and who is one of only 3000 or so Ford Senior Master Techs.

Either is a great choice.

Marty is right about Aric, who is a tuning guru. Though Jeff ain't shabby.

Give Marty a call or PM, or PM me, I have Scott's cell number.

Hawkszone
05-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the advice and leads. I have shot out a couple of PM's and will keep everybody posted.

I'll also try to get some beauty shots of the Saleen up here in the galleries.

Sactown
05-07-2005, 08:27 AM
TF Marietta is a Saleen dealer, and would be perfect for the blower installation. Jeff is a good choice, but I have to say it's hard to find anyone to beat Scott, who used to work at Steeda putting blowers on Mustangs, and who is one of only 3000 or so Ford Senior Master Techs.

Either is a great choice.

Marty is right about Aric, who is a tuning guru. Though Jeff ain't shabby.

Give Marty a call or PM, or PM me, I have Scott's cell number.
How would I find a Ford Senior Master Tech in my area?

Donny Carlson
05-07-2005, 07:52 PM
How would I find a Ford Senior Master Tech in my area?
Try calling the Ford zone office near you. They should know at which dealer there are Senior Master Techs employed.