PDA

View Full Version : With any luck, this will be coming home with me!

martyo
05-06-2005, 06:42 PM
http://i11.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/f3/e0/40_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6164&item=4546259507&rd=1

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-06-2005, 06:50 PM
GOOD LUCK.........:up:

Gunslinger
05-06-2005, 06:57 PM
$400k; and the reserve is still not met.

I contacted the seller and the reserve price is set at eleventy billion dollars.

Best of luck Marty!

Check out what else the seller purchased today. A beautiful pair of Big Daddy khaki shorts, size 44. However the waist button was missing and thats why they went for $14.99.

Ths guy is skimping on his Big Daddy Cargo shorts and then scoffing at half a million dollars for his Chevelle.

Ebay...where the freaks come to play.

jgc61sr2002
05-06-2005, 06:58 PM
There is one bid $400,000.00. Let see if it really sells.

MARAUDER S/C #5
05-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Thats Marty's bid ????????? :cool:

jgc61sr2002
05-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Thats Marty's bid ????????? :cool:

That bid is useless since it didn't meet the reserve.

DEFYANT
05-06-2005, 07:49 PM
How do you let a car like that just lay around?? Seems like a waste of money to me.

martyo
05-06-2005, 07:57 PM
How do you let a car like that just lay around?? Seems like a waste of money to me.

I agree. I plan on driving it.

LCSO34
05-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I would think that he could get more for it at Barrett Jackson. I know I would wait until next year and haul that baby to Scottsdale!:D

martyo
05-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I would think that he could get more for it at Barrett Jackson. I know I would wait until next year and haul that baby to Scottsdale!:D

If I have my way, he won't be shipping it anywhere. He is in Mass. I will run up there with my buddy Jimmy and pick it up.

LCSO34
05-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I would drive it home just because I could, no trailering. I'm with you, they're made to be driven.

martyo
05-06-2005, 08:16 PM
They're made to be driven.

Amen brother and that's what I hope to be doing! :D

jgc61sr2002
05-06-2005, 08:16 PM
If I have my way, he won't be shipping it anywhere. He is in Mass. I will run up there with my buddy Jimmy and pick it up.

Any car that is stored that long must be gone over mechanically. ie Hoses gas, vacuum , radiator and all fluids must be changed before it is driven .IMO.

martyo
05-06-2005, 08:20 PM
Any car that is stored that long must be gone over mechanically. ie Hoses gas, vacuum , radiator and all fluids must be changed before it is driven .IMO.

That's what Jimmy is for!

LCSO34
05-06-2005, 08:24 PM
That's what Jimmy is for!
And Jimmy can measure the skid marks after you leave :banana:

martyo
05-06-2005, 08:26 PM

If you knew Jimmy, you would know that he would.

His son is a member here too!

TooManyFords
05-06-2005, 08:33 PM
That car must have had the hardest 27 miles of any car I know! The exhaust has been replaced once (ala the not original chrome tips that far out the back) and the underside has been freshly painted black and they tagged the exhaust pipes. I know the factory didn't do that.

Marty, PASS ON THIS ONE. Trust me...

John

stevengerard
05-06-2005, 09:01 PM
with only 26 miles every block you drive this car it goes down in value. either you one has so much money they don't care or one should wait for a higher milage one to drive with,

txmarauder
05-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Dont get me wrong I love cars, I have 6. #s match 67 rs camaro 327 4 spd a/c, 57 belair 2 dr ht, 85 GN and the MM just to name a few. I read all 70 something Qs about the car and looked at the pics. If you noticed he is a used car sales man and not just classic cars. Reading the Qs and his comments he is not a trustworthy business man, if he was he would not make the time or answer some of the Qs the way he did. The one i like the best is why is the carpet so dirty. Answer got dirty in the photo shoot. That shop floor was clean enough to eat off of. Its your money but i hope you are not serious. If you are looking for an investment buy realestate, you can use it every day and it wont go down in value. People can use it and pay you to use it. If you want to drive a car like that build a clone you will have more fun and will cost considerably less. The typical people that buy these kind of cars, IMO are not very smart and are just trying to be accepted by people by showing how much money they have. I wont even finish restoring my cars because then i wont want to drive them, because of getting rock chips, dents scratches from people who dont respect others property. I love the MM but i actually hate driving it, at least 1 out of 5 times i take it out it gets a scratch or a dent/ding from some idiot. Well enough preaching sorry for being so long winded, maybe i am just jellous of people who can afford to do things like that.:)

Mike Poore
05-07-2005, 07:24 AM
When you go to pick it up, I hope you get a good look at the '57 Chev in the background. ;)

BillyGman
05-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Martin Ole boy, you never seize to amaze me. And at the same time, I never know whether to believe you or not either. :) I don't know if you're just "joshing" us about this or not. But in the event that you're not, and you're serious about this, then here's my 2 cents:

That's one beautiful car. I've always LUVED the Chevelle SS cars from the 1966 thruogh the 1970 model. And I've also always been hard pressed to find any cars that had a body style that I think is beautiful for five years straight like that of the Chevelle in those years.

I also LUV black interiors too, and big block cars with all their gobs of torque are also my favorite. I'm not even going to comment about whether or not this cars is worth $400K, or about whether or not I'd pay that amount for it, since I'm in no postion to even contemplate a purchase such as that, nor am I any kind of car collector either. I buy cars that I have the money for, and cars that I plan on driving almost every day, if not every day.

I still am very skeptical that you're serious about this purchase, but if you really are, then I for one would hope to be at the top of your list of people that you would offer a ride to, because I wouls jump at the chance to get one hairy ride in that vehicle!!!

But you should also keep in mind that the LS6 engine came with an 11.25:1 compression ratio, and depending upon the duration of the camshaft (and more specifically, the valve timing) that engine might require more octane than the 93 stuff that's at the pumps without pinging unless the ignition timing is retarded. And ofcourse retarding the ignition timing would rob some power out of that torque monster. It would likely either be that, or you would need to mix the pump gas with the very expensive race fuel to bump up the octane. And if yoiu really planned on driving the car often, then that would get expensive. Just something to consider bud.

Asumming that the car really does have merely 27 miles on it, then as a potential buyer, I'd run my index finger along the inside of both tailpipes, because if you get a bunch of rust on your finger from doing that, then that's an indication that the car was started, and only allowed to run for a few minutes w/out the engine getting to full operating temperature, and the moisture from inside the engine and the exhaust never worked it's way out. And in that case, the cylinder walls would possibly look the same way as the inside of the tailpipes. I wish you the best Marty.

Directedby
05-07-2005, 11:29 AM

Skid marks in Marty's shorts.

STLR FN
05-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I see bidding has/was ended...

jgc61sr2002
05-07-2005, 04:33 PM
One bid $400,000.00 and it failed to meet the reserve. :) NO SALE.

Mike Poore
05-07-2005, 05:02 PM
One bid $400,000.00 and it failed to meet the reserve. :) NO SALE.

Well, darn. I thought, for sure, he'd take my $400,000 offer.;)

jgc61sr2002
05-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Well, darn. I thought, for sure, he'd take my $400,000 offer.;)

Mike - You should have bid a little higher. :rofl:

oldekid
05-07-2005, 05:19 PM
That's a nice looking Ford. :banana:

Mike Poore
05-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Mike - You should have bid a little higher. :rofl:
That was all the loose cash I had lying around. ;)