PDA

View Full Version : Mods by dealer

Billatpro
02-27-2003, 06:09 PM
I have about given up, last service manager I talk to today says: "If I don't know it's there theres no problem".

If he installs it and he will, The warranty is toast!

Anyone in MN found a dealer who will work with us yet? :mad: :help: :(

Strider74
02-27-2003, 07:44 PM
I didn't have much luck myself, my dealer (Motorwerks Mercury) said the warranty is fine as long as any failure is not a direct result of the mods. Besides my main concern with the warranty is the interior/exterior, anything that fails in the engine I'd probably just upgrade.
well have to get all the Marauders in the cities area together sometime this spring.

Kelly
02-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Has anybody tried the SVT dealer in Apple Valley yet, I'am not ready to do the mods yet so I havn't checked myself.

HookedOnCV
02-28-2003, 12:07 AM
You guys could take a look at the similar concerns we Crown Vic owners have on CrownVic.net (http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB23&Number=162559&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Warrenty&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=162449&Search=true#Post162559)

Billatpro
02-28-2003, 11:22 AM
You bet guy's, we will get a "Meet' for the TC MM's put together, heck we might even get some of the guy's in the 5 state area to show up!

I'm calling the SVT dealer today, will let you know.

GarageMahal
02-28-2003, 12:22 PM
I took mine in to the SVT dealer in Apple Valley for an oil change and chatted with the service manager about mods, specifially 4:10 rear end. Short answer: Warranty is toast :(

jta

Billatpro
02-28-2003, 12:36 PM
I'll save my breath then, well at least the guy I'm going with for the routine maint. Is a motor head (just got new Harley or would have MM)and really loves the MM, he understands about mods and thinks there the right way to go. As long as I don't tell him and he can't see it on the Diagnostics check, Full Coverage!

SergntMac
02-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Man, it's sad these dealers are so closed minded to minor improvements. Back shops must be doing great business these days. When I was a service writer, I worked for a slice of the repairs I wrote. Things must have really changed.

jgc61sr2002
02-28-2003, 03:55 PM
Ford Motor Company will look to void the warranty for any after market mods they can find. The key word is FIND. Heck one dealer didn't know that the MM had two different size tires. John