PDA

View Full Version : Maurders Get Compliments at Car Show

sailsmen
05-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Shaijack with his Black '03 set up a spot for his Marauder and mine at the 7th annual local car show in the parking lot of the AAA Baseball stadium.

Charlie who has a 2004 DTR came by to visit but didn't stay or put his car in the show.

It was a perfect day weather wise. Several great bands, jambalaya, crawfish and crab cakes. It benefited the deployed Louisiana National Guard and their families.

There were over 100 beautiful custom and muscle cars. An incredible 1972 Black Gran Torino Sport. I have never seen a car with a paint job like this one. All the spot welds were filled, even the head lite baskets were beautifully painted. He had to have over 4,000 hours in body prep work.

Both Shaijack and I got a lot of compliments.

Several people recognized my car from racing at No Problem. Years ago with a custom car Shaijack used to be on the show car circuit and knew a lot of people.

My girls had fun too.

Another great day with the Marauder, friends and family. Thanks to Shaijack for putting it together. :)

Black99lightnin came by to visit, and posted http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=250756#post25 0756
"Billy, congrats. Saw the car today and it is an eyecatcher under the hood. Sounds menacing with the centri whirring at idle. Can't wait to see you at the track. You will definitely give me a run for my money."