PDA

View Full Version : Florida bound.

MarauderMike
05-10-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm heading down I-75 for Clearwater arriving 5/28 probably early evening and heading back to Michigan on the following Saturday. Are there any good car shows or cruises during the week in the Tampa Bay area or even south like Sarasota, Ft Myers? If there is anything of interest going on please clue me in. Those of you in Ft Myers, I hear you have a new Sam Seltzers' restuarant down there, if you haven't checked it out yet try it, you'll like it!

MaLo03
05-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm sure there are a few MM's in that area, maybe you guys can hook up and do something.
If not, you can find your way to Orlando and I know a bunch of us that can show you around town.
Disney, Universal, OldTown in Kissimmee etc....
Or MArauder cruise. :D Yeah, me likes the Marauder convoy.
Eggie

shakes_26
05-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Sarasota, Tallboy is over there, If I remember there is a decent car museum over there, also the Ringling estate, nice to see

Fort Myers/Cape Coral has a whole mess of guys over there, Carfixer, MarauderTJA, King Fubar, they coudl clue you in better.

David Morton
05-22-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm sure there are a few MM's in that area, maybe you guys can hook up and do something.
If not, you can find your way to Orlando and I know a bunch of us that can show you around town.
Disney, Universal, OldTown in Kissimmee etc....
Or MArauder cruise. :D Yeah, me likes the Marauder convoy.
EggieYo! Man don't miss some of those "mammary gland" bars in Orlando! That town has (or had) some of the best in the world. I remember the Booby Trap out east on Colonial, although it was closed a long time ago it was one of the neatest buildings you ever saw. Also, Hwy 17-92 is (or was) one of Americas great "rhymes with city" strips. :D

If you're here in Bradenton on thursday (first check the Bradenton Motorsports Parkway site (http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/body.html) for time) you might wanna show up at our dragstrip for test & tune and run as much as you want for $15. It's a truly great NHRA event hosting dragstrip. Lemme know and I'll meet you there, send me a PM. David

dwasson
05-22-2005, 08:43 PM
There's a great BBQ place in Tunnel Hill GA.

dwasson
05-22-2005, 08:45 PM
Yo! Man don't miss some of those "mammary gland" bars in Orlando! That town has (or had) some of the best in the world. I remember the Booby Trap out east on Colonial, although it was closed a long time ago it was one of the neatest buildings you ever saw. Also, Hwy 17-92 is (or was) one of Americas great "rhymes with city" strips. :D

Dave, Detroit has the "Windsor Ballet" just across the river. Mike may not be impressed.

Tallboy
05-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Drop me a line when you get into town. Lots of stuff to do in this area. I'm sending you my phone# via pm right now...

blackf0rk
05-23-2005, 12:28 PM
This weekend I'm installing my Trilogy kit - you're more than welcome to swing by Milwaukee, WI to help or watch - it's right around the bend there from Florida

:lol: :baaa:

Tallboy
05-30-2005, 07:12 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting MarauderMike tonight-a great guy. Carfixer joined us for dinner and drinks here in Venice. If all the Motor City guys are as cool as Mike, we're gonna have one hell of a time in August! Thanks again to Mike and Claude for coming to town to hang out with me for a while. :up:

dwasson
05-30-2005, 08:32 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting MarauderMike tonight-a great guy. Carfixer joined us for dinner and drinks here in Venice. If all the Motor City guys are as cool as Mike, we're gonna have one hell of a time in August! Thanks again to Mike and Claude for coming to town to hang out with me for a while. :up:

Mike is about average coolness. Darryl is the cool one. Ask him to show you his thong.

bigslim
05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Mike is about average coolness. Darryl is the cool one. Ask him to show you his thong.
Dan, you know I got to get to know someone a little better before I do that.

MarauderMike
05-31-2005, 05:15 AM
It was great meeting Tallboy and seeing Carfixer once again. Being the perfect hosts they found a nice burger and brew stop to hang out at. Thanks for the meal. If I get time I'm running down to Ft Meyer and have Carfixer do the alignment on the Marauder, the dealership has the right equipment to do the job without messing up the rims, and who better to do it than a fellow Marauder owner? Talk to you soon Carfixer, and see you both at Marauderville III