PDA

View Full Version : Reference Worksheet

blackf0rk
05-12-2005, 02:19 PM
I've been working on this for the past year and a half or so. It's take a while, and over the period of time I've added to it different features. It started off as being a horsepower to weight ratio sheet to see what cars are alike - in general.

Since then I've adapted the numbers and formulas to present the following via math equations:

Horsepower/Weight Ratio
HorspowerTorque
Real Horsepower (at the wheels)
ET
0-60
The real horsepower is calculated on an average of 20% decrease. I realize that manuals have a smaller percentage and autos have a higher percentage. Out of my findings, 20% seems to be the average for both transmissions.

Before viewing it, and knocking on me for errors, remember these are oly estimates based on simple equations. Much of it is fairly accurate, but I'm sure there's a bugger in there somewhere. Have fun!

http://www.naioa.com/carRatio

Also note, it doesn't view very well in FireFox. I recommend IE. You can also sort the list, via tabs either at the bottom or top (depending on your system), by Car Name or 0-60 time.

Bluerauder
05-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I've been working on this for the past year and a half or so. It's take a while, and over the period of time I've added to it different features. It started off as being a horsepower to weight ratio sheet to see what cars are alike - in general.
Wow, that's alot of information. Very interesting !!! Thanks. :D