PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Charger - 425 HP and $30 Grand

Svashtar
05-12-2005, 02:49 PM
I hate the styling compared to our MM's, but the goodies they include for the price are impressive. I see they copied our blacked out lights and the '04 MM color selections, among other things. We have to spend $5 to 10 grand more (assuming you paid a comparable $30K for your MM) to get many of the same features. I'll never part with my MM, but sometimes FLM really pisses me off with their missed opportunities to trounce the competition.

Norm

"The Dodge Charger SRT8, with its 425 horsepower (420 lb-ft) 6.1 liter Hemi, does 0-60 in five seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the mid-16s, and 60-0 braking in about 110 feet. It uses specially tuned dampers, spring rates, bushings, and anti-sway bars, a half-inch lower ride height, a retuned electronic stability program, and special 20 inch wheels with Goodyear Supercar F1 three-season tires (245/45/20 in the front, and 255/45/20 in the rear). The Charger SRT8 also has Brembo calipers and vented rotors (360 x 32mm discs up front, with 350 x 26mm in the rear). Styling changes include a revised front and rear fascias that helps cool the brakes and reduce lift, a hood scoop, a spoiler, and an SRT badge in the blacked-out grille; it's in silver, black, and red. The interior has grippy seats, a special steering wheel trim, dark-faced gauges, and an LED display for oil temperature or pressure and tire pressure. The differential and axles have also been upgraded."

MarauderMark
05-12-2005, 03:14 PM
The Dodge Charger SRT8, with its 425 horsepower (420 lb-ft) 6.1 liter Hemi, does 0-60 in five seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the mid-16s, and 60-0 braking in about 110 feet. It uses specially tuned dampers, spring rates, bushings, and anti-sway bars, a half-inch lower ride height, a retuned electronic stability program, and special 20 inch wheels with Goodyear Supercar F1 three-season tires (245/45/20 in the front, and 255/45/20 in the rear). The Charger SRT8 also has Brembo calipers and vented rotors (360 x 32mm discs up front, with 350 x 26mm in the rear). Styling changes include a revised front and rear fascias that helps cool the brakes and reduce lift, a hood scoop, a spoiler, and an SRT badge in the blacked-out grille; it's in silver, black, and red. The interior has grippy seats, a special steering wheel trim, dark-faced gauges, and an LED display for oil temperature or pressure and tire pressure. The differential and axles have also been upgraded.

This is truly Sahweeeeet! I saw it in red but this black looks really good..
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64 42

blackf0rk
05-12-2005, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't feel so upset about it. At the time when the Marauder was being made the econmoy wasn't in the market for a RWD V8 super machine. Of course, all of US did, but GM, FORD and DODGE don't see US as the majority.

Now that they've advertised right, and see that people are coming around for the beefier cars, slowly they'll start to make 'em. Dodge is just one of them.

Look at it this way - how do you think all of the Dodge Stratus people think to hear that Dodge is making the Charger? Do you think they feel kind of like us? But you say, "They cold go buy a charger then!" True, but they'd probably say to us, "Go buy a mustang"

Yes, I know - the Mustang isn't exactly big (size-wize) AND powerful, and that's what the Charger seems to have. But look on the bright side - Install a Trilogy, Vortec, Procharger whetever and you'll kill 'em.

So would you rather leave your nice MM behind and spend another 30,000 for a 10sec 0-60 or spend 6,000 for a Supercharger kit and toast 'em all? I'd say we're in the drivers seat! :)

Directedby
05-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Price for SRT-8 is $37,000 not $30,000.

Svashtar
05-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Price for SRT-8 is $37,000 not $30,000.
Sorry. I tried to find the price and the one they listed was $29,900 something, and I assumed that was for this guy. That must have been the Daytona model then. (?)

I agree about the S/C option on our cars, but unfortunately here in the PRK that isn't an option. Neither is an exhaust upgrade.

If I had to do it again right now I would still get my MM. Mine was $27K out the door with taxes and all, and with all of my mods it still works out to only $33K for a great car.

Norm

Merc-O-matic
05-12-2005, 06:15 PM
I hate the styling compared to our MM's, but the goodies they include for the price are impressive. I see they copied our blacked out lights and the '04 MM color selections, among other things. We have to spend $5 to 10 grand more (assuming you paid a comparable $30K for your MM) to get many of the same features. I'll never part with my MM, but sometimes FLM really pisses me off with their missed opportunities to trounce the competition.

Norm

"The Dodge Charger SRT8, with its 425 horsepower (420 lb-ft) 6.1 liter Hemi, does 0-60 in five seconds, 0-100-0 mph in the mid-16s, and 60-0 braking in about 110 feet. It uses specially tuned dampers, spring rates, bushings, and anti-sway bars, a half-inch lower ride height, a retuned electronic stability program, and special 20 inch wheels with Goodyear Supercar F1 three-season tires (245/45/20 in the front, and 255/45/20 in the rear). The Charger SRT8 also has Brembo calipers and vented rotors (360 x 32mm discs up front, with 350 x 26mm in the rear). Styling changes include a revised front and rear fascias that helps cool the brakes and reduce lift, a hood scoop, a spoiler, and an SRT badge in the blacked-out grille; it's in silver, black, and red. The interior has grippy seats, a special steering wheel trim, dark-faced gauges, and an LED display for oil temperature or pressure and tire pressure. The differential and axles have also been upgraded."

They are also coming out with the NEW Dodge Challenger (two-door)SRT-8
which will give the new Mustang and GTO a run for their money!

Gotta Love It! :P

MI2QWK4U
05-12-2005, 06:15 PM
I was looking at a new charger at the dodge dealership while making my latest transportation aquisition. First off the new Charger is one hot car, period. It will definitly replace the Impala when its lease is up next year. The styling and looks are only the beginning. The interior is more spacious than even the Marauder and has a slightly european flair. My friend is one of the sales managers there and he was mentioning that 40% of the Charger is straight from Mercedes engineering. The loaded up one I looked at and sat in was 33K. It makes the Marauder look spartan in comparison.
I hate to say it, but for as much as I used to dislike dodge/chrysler, some of their new offerings are HOT. Ford and Chevy are in serious trouble. What do either of them have to offer for a sleek, solid, full size family sedan? A crown vic, five hundred? or an impala, malibu? please...While I dont like the 300C, the Charger is smoking hot. Cant wait to add a shiney new black Charger to my collection.
http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/img/gallery/enlarge/charger_srt8/charger_gallery_03.jpg
http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/img/gallery/enlarge/charger_srt8/charger_gallery_04.jpg
http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/img/gallery/enlarge/charger_srt8/charger_gallery_06.jpg
http://www.dodge.com/autoshow/img/gallery/enlarge/charger_srt8/charger_gallery_02.jpg
http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/vimg/eal/eal_images/77/CC06_LXDP48_2DN_PXR_APA_XXX_XX X.jpg

Hot.....

MI2QWK4U
05-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Press Release

Auburn Hills-When Dodge unveiled the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger into its lineup, performance-car aficionados had a lot to celebrate. The party gets kicked up a notch with the introduction of the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8.

With its infusion of Street and Racing Technology (SRT) DNA, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 provides exactly what performance enthusiasts want in their American muscle sedan: more power, world-class ride and handling, benchmark braking, functional and aggressive-looking exterior enhancements and a race-inspired interior.

"The all-new Dodge Charger embodies all of the key attributes of the Dodge brand - bold, powerful, street-smart and full of life," said Darryl Jackson, Vice President, Dodge Marketing, Chrysler Group. "The all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 builds on the Dodge formula. It starts with a 425-horsepower 6.1-liter HEMI® engine and continues with a powerful dose of renowned Street and Racing Technology performance for a tremendous performance-per-dollar value story."

During the heyday of the original Dodge Charger, performance was measured mainly in straight-line numbers. Today, SRT adds a complete approach with the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8.

"The SRT approach to performance is multi-dimensional," said Dan Knott, Director, Street and Racing Technology, Chrysler Group. "For example, the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 incorporates Brembo brakes to stop as well as it accelerates. Its handling is world-class across a dynamic range. Its interior is designed specifically for the performance driver. And its performance exterior characteristics don't just look great, they're also functional."

As an all-around performer, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 is capable of awe-inspiring numbers unheard-of in a muscle sedan: 0-60 mph in around 5 seconds, quarter-mile time in the 13-second range and braking distance from 60-0 mph in approximately 110 feet. The Dodge Charger SRT8 is also capable of accomplishing SRT's signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in the mid 16-second range.

Ride and Handling
Chassis improvements on the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 include SRT-tuned dampers, specially tailored spring rates and suspension bushings, and large-diameter anti-sway bars. The ride height of the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 is one-half inch lower than the Dodge Charger. Handling is enhanced for performance with an Electronic Stability Program (ESP) specially tuned for the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8.

The all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 rides on unique SRT-developed five-spoke 20-inch forged aluminum wheels. Tires are high-performance Goodyear Supercar F1 three-season tires with asymmetrical tread (four-season tires are an available option) -- 245/45/20 in the front, and 255/45/20 in the rear.

Braking
Balanced performance demands the ability to slow and stop a vehicle in proportion to the ability to accelerate. The braking system of the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 provides benchmark braking performance, befitting the Charger SRT8's extreme performance character.

All four wheels feature Brembo performance brake calipers, with the red finish characteristic of all Dodge SRT vehicles. Each four-piston caliper grips a vented rotor; 360 x 32mm discs up front, with 350 x 26mm in the rear.

Exterior
Functional performance is at the heart of the SRT credo. To that end, an all-new front fascia includes integrated ducts that help direct fresh air to cool the brakes. The front fascia also incorporates an air dam to reduce lift. The hood is equipped with a scoop to funnel cool air into the engine compartment.

The rear fascia features integrated lower strakes to direct air flow and aggressive cutouts to accommodate dual 3.5-inch exhaust tips. A dramatic decklid spoiler set on dual stanchions increases downforce for high-speed stability and traction.

And because SRT vehicles look as good as they perform, a unique heritage-style SRT badge is set into the blacked-out grill. Body-colored exterior mirrors fold inward for convenience in tight quarters.

Three exterior colors are available: Bright Silver, Brilliant Black and Inferno Red Crystal Pearlcoat.

Interior
Race-inspired interior appointments in the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 start with power-adjustable, deeply sculpted and highly bolstered sport seats in the front fitted with performance suede inserts to hold occupants during maneuvering. Rear seats have matching performance suede inserts. All seats have contrasting red stitching.

Other sporting touches include "carbon fiber" technical leather trim on the steering wheel for better grip, and special finishing on the center stack.

A 180-mph (300 kph) speedometer, tachometer and temperature gauge feature dark faces unique to the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8. An LED display within the gauge cluster is driver-configurable for oil temperature, oil pressure and tire pressure readouts.

Available options on the 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 include power sunroof, Kicker® audio system with six-disc CD changer, DVD-based Navigation system with turn-by directions and voice prompts, automatic temperature control, heated front seats and side air bags.

Also available are SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and a UConnect™ hands-free communications system with Bluetooth™ technology. This system recognizes up to seven different Bluetooth-equipped cellular phones and responds to voice commands, utilizing a microphone in the rear-view mirror and the stereo system's speakers for hands-free conversations.

The 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 interior is offered in Dark Slate Grey/Light Graystone.

Powertrain
Just as the very first Charger - the original 1964 "Charger by Dodge" concept car -- sported a HEMI V-8, the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 gets its motivation from a HEMI, too. In this case, it's a big-bore, SRT-engineered version producing 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque.

Several features of the new 6.1-liter SRT HEMI recall the legendary HEMI engines of previous decades, including the namesake hemispherical combustion chambers that provide power and efficiency, orange-painted cylinder block, black valve covers, and even the horsepower rating (with less displacement, the 6.1-liter HEMI's 69.8 horsepower-per-liter rating exceeds that of the legendary Street HEMI of the 1960s and '70s).

To create the 6.1-liter version of the Chrysler Group's HEMI, SRT powertrain engineers applied tried-and-true engine-building tricks honed by generations of American hot-rodders.

They unleashed 85 more horsepower by adding more cubic inches, increasing the compression ratio, redesigning the cylinder head, intake and exhaust systems for increased flow, and increasing engine speed.

For more displacement, SRT engineers bored out the diameter of the cylinders in the HEMI by 3.5 millimeters each in order to increase the total displacement to 6.1 liters from 5.7 liters.

Compression ratio was also increased to 10.3:1 from 9.6:1, increasing engine efficiency and power.

Engine breathing was increased with new higher-flow cylinder heads, a specially designed intake manifold, and exhaust headers with individual tubes encased in a stainless steel shell, all unique to the 6.1-liter HEMI engine. Larger-diameter valves and reshaped ports in the heads allow for maximized air flow. The intake manifold was designed with larger-diameter and shorter runners for higher-speed tuning. Exhaust is routed through a large-diameter (2.75-inch vs. 2.5-inch) exhaust system with 3.5-inch chrome tips.

To further increase horsepower, performance-oriented camshaft profiles were developed to allow more air in and out of the cylinders, as well as manage a higher engine speed. SRT engineers increased HEMI's peak power output engine speed nearly 20 percent to 6,000 revolutions per minute (rpm) from 5,000 rpm. Intake and exhaust valve stems are hollow, and exhaust valve stems are filled with sodium to help dissipate heat more efficiently.

The high-performance SRT 6.1-liter HEMI is strengthened with redesigned components, including a reinforced engine block, forged steel crankshaft, high-strength powdered-metal connecting rods, floating-pin pistons (cooled by oil squirters), and an oil pan modified to manage oil return to the pan sump at high engine speeds.
Power for the SRT 6.1-liter HEMI is channeled through an A580 five-speed automatic transmission with specially calibrated driver-selectable AutoStick®, which offers fully automatic or manual shifting selection. A heavy-duty four-flange prop shaft sends the torque from the transmission to an upgraded differential and axles.

The 2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 will be assembled at Brampton Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

Source: DaimlerChrysler MediaServices

Johnman
05-12-2005, 07:08 PM
This why most of us, when we trade in our Marauders, will be saying buh-by to FoMoCo. The Mustang is a great car, but way too small for most of us who have families. If you want a large powerful affordable sedan you will need to look elsewhere, mainly Chrysler, but even GM is introducing a 300hp Impala sedan soon (though it's probably fwd):(

bigslim
05-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Sorry. I tried to find the price and the one they listed was $29,900 something, and I assumed that was for this guy. That must have been the Daytona model then. (?)

I agree about the S/C option on our cars, but unfortunately here in the PRK that isn't an option. Neither is an exhaust upgrade.

If I had to do it again right now I would still get my MM. Mine was $27K out the door with taxes and all, and with all of my mods it still works out to only $33K for a great car.

Norm
That's the price for the Charger "RT" not the "SRT-8".

ex00p71
05-12-2005, 08:44 PM
Whats this new two door Dodge Challenger you speak of, and why, why did they call this four door although really cool a Charger, I don't remember Bo and Luke jumpin a four door over a creek.

technically they didn't have any doors did they.

Merc-O-matic
05-13-2005, 08:08 AM
Whats this new two door Dodge Challenger you speak of, and why, why did they call this four door although really cool a Charger, I don't remember Bo and Luke jumpin a four door over a creek.

technically they didn't have any doors did they.

They are two different cars:

The Dodge Charger is a 4 door sedan, also in (SRT-8) rear wheel drive.

The Dodge Challenger which is two doors like the Mustang and GTO
also in (SRT-8) same ponies with rear wheel drive

ex00p71
05-13-2005, 08:42 AM
I realize they're two different cars, but I haven't seen the new Challenger yet, is it basically the same as the new Charger, but minus two doors?

Or is it a smaller sports car.

As I was saying, I think the Charger should also be two doors.

fastblackmerc
05-13-2005, 08:43 AM

But it's a 4-door. Chargers have never had 4-doors.

mtnh
05-13-2005, 09:25 AM
I'm not convinced that the quality will be what it should be. With all of the performance goodies, though, it would probably price out much higher to insure than our "Grand Marquis" Marauders. I like the looks of the car, and the seats are to die for. I wonder how the mpg ratings will look. With gas prices that will probably never retreat back below $2/gallon, I'm personally very happy to have a car that will acheive 23-25 mpg on the road. What will the Charger get with an extra 1500 CC of cubic displacement? It also sounds good about their transmission with the availability of having manual gear selections with a shifter that supports up/down gear toggling.

MI2QWK4U
05-13-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm not convinced that the quality will be what it should be. With all of the performance goodies, though, it would probably price out much higher to insure than our "Grand Marquis" Marauders. I like the looks of the car, and the seats are to die for. I wonder how the mpg ratings will look. With gas prices that will probably never retreat back below $2/gallon, I'm personally very happy to have a car that will acheive 23-25 mpg on the road. What will the Charger get with an extra 1500 CC of cubic displacement? It also sounds good about their transmission with the availability of having manual gear selections with a shifter that supports up/down gear toggling.

The milage is said to be fairly high for having the big Hemi motor due to that displacement on demand system it has.

Svashtar
05-13-2005, 11:43 AM
I agree, especially about the seats. Those are one of the very few things on that car I wish we had in our MM's. You feel locked into the car a lot more with those style of seats, especially when pushing it.

Norm

rocknrod
05-13-2005, 07:27 PM
EGG, on wheels"

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/vimg/eal/eal_images/77/CC06_LXDP48_2DN_PXR_APA_XXX_XX X.jpg

Hot.....:D

bigslim
05-13-2005, 08:36 PM

THERE IS NO CHALLENGER!! The only two door Dodges are the Stratus and Viper.

RoyLPita
05-14-2005, 04:27 AM
I saw 2 in black (actually had a metal flake type paint) with the Hemi. It is very nice looking. One day, my dealer will get them in.

Vortex
05-14-2005, 05:50 AM
The body just doesnt do anything for me, I know its quick, but I think it looks like a Studebaker Lark.

mpearce
05-14-2005, 05:59 AM
It's got the front end of a truck, and the rear end of an Intrepid. Hey look!! An intrepid with dual exhaust!! Oh...hold on...it's a Ram...no wait...it's one of those nasty new Chargers...

I think i'm gonna be sick...

-Mat

p.s. My father was an owner of a 1969 Dodge Charger RT, with the 440 Magnum. He's not a fan of the new design either.

Merc-O-matic
05-14-2005, 06:35 AM
BigSlim...You might want to go over to the
www.chargerforums.com/index.php and check out their web site. There are 2-3 posts talking about the New Dodge Challenger which should hit the streets later this year. Maybe they don't know what their talking about?

FastMerc
05-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Once again it goes to show that Ford doesnt have the balls to give the public a ball s to the walls performane car that the massas can afford??? But the competition does!

Smokie
05-14-2005, 10:40 AM
The Dodge Charger SRT8 is also capable of accomplishing SRT's signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in the mid 16-second range.

Not sure why it is awe-inspiring, my car went from 0-98 mph in about 14.5 seconds on simply a reflashed PCM...unless of course you fellas feel my car car is also awe-inspiring.....:lol:

2003DOHC
05-14-2005, 02:19 PM
The Dodge Charger SRT8 is also capable of accomplishing SRT's signature performance test of 0-100-0 mph in the mid 16-second range.

Not sure why it is awe-inspiring, my car went from 0-98 mph in about 14.5 seconds on simply a reflashed PCM...unless of course you fellas feel my car car is also awe-inspiring.....:lol:

That is 0-100 then back to 0.

Kramer
05-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Maybe in the second model year, when these are not moving, I can get a deep discount deal like I did on the MM.

Worth the wait to see. Second model years are always better.

Smokie
05-14-2005, 04:05 PM
That is 0-100 then back to 0.Well, that leaves me with 2 seconds to bring it to a stop !!!!:cuke: No problemo.:D

BlackHole
05-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Well, that leaves me with 2 seconds to bring it to a stop !!!!:cuke: No problemo.:D

Yeah just put the tranny in reverse. :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: J/K

Oh and only the regular Hemi 5.7L R/T??? models have the displacement on demand the SRT 6.1L don't at least thats the latest from D/C :confused:

Joe Walsh
05-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Oh and only the regular Hemi 5.7L R/T??? models have the displacement on demand the SRT 6.1L don't at least thats the latest from D/C :confused:

^^^^^^^^^^Yep,^^^^^^^^^

The Hot 6.1L Hemi does NOT have the displacement on demand feature....

Guys who are buying the SRT-8s probably aren't worried too much about fuel economy. :D :burn:

bigslim
05-14-2005, 08:16 PM
BigSlim...You might want to go over to the
www.chargerforums.com/index.php and check out their web site. There are 2-3 posts talking about the New Dodge Challenger which should hit the streets later this year. Maybe they don't know what their talking about?

Sorry to bust a bubble but there is no two door Challenger.

Merc-O-matic
06-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Bigslim...as a UnionMan read this:
According to "AUTOMOTIVE NEWS" Dated 6/13/05
Dodge plans to re-introduce the TWO-DOOR DODGE CHALLENGER
in 2009 or earlier. Will be available with V-8 (hemi) and they
plan to build 60-70K a year. It will be in direct competition
with the new Ford Mustang! The Muscle Wars of the 60's are back!

Gotta Love It! :baaa:

BK_GrandMarquis
06-14-2005, 08:28 PM

When I was at a Chrysler test drive event at Englishtown last year, one of the guys there said that Dodge will give up the Stratus because the Sebring sold better. Then after a couple more years of the Sebring, Dodge/Chrysler will be going all RWD. Seems to be building up to this so far. Too bad Ford isn't doing the same thing.

Mard
06-14-2005, 08:48 PM
425 HP with a full factory warranty sounds nice. I was looking at an extended warranty for my MM. All the warranty companies I checked into asked if the car was supercharged. If it is....forget it.

de minimus
06-14-2005, 08:56 PM
The body just doesnt do anything for me, I know its quick, but I think it looks like a Studebaker Lark.
That's exactly what I was thinking! Though with the Hemi that's one sweet Studebaker.

woaface
06-14-2005, 09:28 PM
The only colors available on the SRT 8 are a dark red, black and a silver.

Tooo funny!

I love Ford, but American is good enough for me. I won't complain about looks, it will get better as the product progresses hopefully.

texascorvette
06-15-2005, 04:54 AM
The milage is said to be fairly high for having the big Hemi motor due to that displacement on demand system it has.
I thought the SRT product line did not feature "displacement on demand"

MarauderMarc
07-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Second model years are always better.[/QUOTE]
Not true...did the 04 come with a full size spare hmmmmmmmm?

jstevens
07-14-2005, 03:59 PM

I'll still take my 11,000 total units MM over a mass produced vehicle.
They'll surely be a dime a dozen in a few years.

kurly
07-14-2005, 04:00 PM
I was looking at a new charger at the dodge dealership while making my latest transportation aquisition. First off the new Charger is one hot car, period. It will definitly replace the Impala when its lease is up next year. The styling and looks are only the beginning. The interior is more spacious than even the Marauder and has a slightly european flair. My friend is one of the sales managers there and he was mentioning that 40% of the Charger is straight from Mercedes engineering. The loaded up one I looked at and sat in was 33K. It makes the Marauder look spartan in comparison.
I hate to say it, but for as much as I used to dislike dodge/chrysler, some of their new offerings are HOT. Ford and Chevy are in serious trouble. What do either of them have to offer for a sleek, solid, full size family sedan? A crown vic, five hundred? or an impala, malibu? please...While I dont like the 300C, the Charger is smoking hot. Cant wait to add a shiney new black Charger to my collection.

Hot.....

I would never abandon my Marauder, but this Charger definitly is HOT ! Of course, I would only consider the SRT-8 option.
It would be a great addition to the stable! :eek:

Merc-O-matic
08-01-2006, 09:31 PM

Who said there is no CHALLENGER!:nono: Mustang will have it's
hands full now!

Gotta Love It!

Merc-O-matic
08-01-2006, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=bigslim]Sorry to bust a bubble but there is no two door Challenger.

There will be a NEW two door Challenger for 2008!:banana:

Gotta Love It!

quota
08-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Yes, the Charger, particularly the SRT-8, looks impressive.
Three big drawbacks according to me :
- looks like a japanese cars from the eighties, tuned by (good) amateurs
- body rigidity/integrity on long term ?
- no exclusivity/value on long term !?

On the other hand, I keep on waiting the release by FORD of something big, powerful, exclusive and attractive. So far, nothing ! The 500 :bigcry: looks dull and stays underpowered, the Fusion/Milan is promising but smaller and underpowered :cry: . I just hope that the "Hurricane" engine will not stay a legend :o and that the designers/engineers will come up soon with an acceptable full-size body - hopefully on a modified Panther chassis :D

Mebot
08-02-2006, 10:57 AM
It's got the front end of a truck, and the rear end of an Intrepid. Hey look!! An intrepid with dual exhaust!! Oh...hold on...it's a Ram...no wait...it's one of those nasty new Chargers...

I think i'm gonna be sick...

-Mat

p.s. My father was an owner of a 1969 Dodge Charger RT, with the 440 Magnum. He's not a fan of the new design either.

I know this post is over a year old, but I'm wondering if you changed your mind about the Charger. I admit I was the same way at first. I didn't like the new style, i didn't like the 4 door design, because the first thing I think of when someone says "CHARGER" is the General Lee. of course!

But the Charger has really grown on me, and I love it's menacing front end now. I love the Daytona Superbee editions, took some getting used to, but now Chargers are awesome, and the Challenger looks very sleek and menacing as well.

2003DOHC
08-02-2006, 04:54 PM
I know this post is over a year old, but I'm wondering if you changed your mind about the Charger. I admit I was the same way at first. I didn't like the new style, i didn't like the 4 door design, because the first thing I think of when someone says "CHARGER" is the General Lee. of course!

But the Charger has really grown on me, and I love it's menacing front end now. I love the Daytona Superbee editions, took some getting used to, but now Chargers are awesome, and the Challenger looks very sleek and menacing as well.

Nope still do not care for the charger's design never will!

Glenn
08-02-2006, 05:56 PM
I agree, that the Charger is one nice car. If I didn't own the MM I would be very much tempted to buy a SRT. But, I own a MM that will NOW out handle and out perform ANY SRT variant. I cannot justify selling my MM and buying a SRT when my MM will crush any current SRT. I hope we meet some SRTs at the SSHS6 event.

My $0.02.

Glenn

DEFYANT
08-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Said it before, I'll say it again.

If Dodge would have budged just alittle off the sticker on that 05 Magnum R/T, thats what I'd be driving today.

Yo Ford, ya' hear that? Aside from a couple of Chevy Monty Carlos in '89 & '90, I've been a life long FORD man. And Dodge ALMOST got me!

And ya know what else? If things keep going this way, I'll be driving an SRT sumthin when the ole Marauder is paid off.

DefyantExWife
08-02-2006, 07:10 PM
... or a PT something :D

tomd
08-04-2006, 04:37 AM
2006 MODEL YEAR
CHARGER SRT8

PRICE INFORMATION
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE OF THIS MODEL INCLUDING DEALER PREPARATION

Base Price: $ 35,320

DODGE CHARGER SRT8 RWD
Exterior Color: Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint
Interior Color: Dark/Light Slate Gray Interior Colors
Interior: Leather-Trimmed Seats with Preferred Suede Accents
Engine: 6.1-Liter SRT HEMI(R) SMPI V8 Engine
Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic W5A580 Transmission
STANDARD EQUIPMENT(UNLESS REPLACED BY OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT)
FUNCTIONAL / SAFETY FEATURES
20" x 9.0" Aluminum SRT Design Wheels
245/45ZR20 P255/45ZR20 Performance Tires
High-Performance Suspension
Performance-Tuned Steering
Front Advanced Multistage Air Bags**
Occupant Classification System
AutoStick(R) Automatic Transmission
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Performance Brakes
All-Speed Traction Control
Electronic Stability Program
Brake Assist
Solar-Control Glass
Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
Rear Window Defroster
Halogen Headlamps
Black Headlamp Bezels
Power Accessory Delay
Universal Garage Door Opener
Fog Lamps
SRT Track Experience
INTERIOR FEATURES
Leather Trim Seats w/Preferred Suede
Power Windows with Driver's One-Touch-Down Feature
Lumbar Adjust for the Driver and Front Passenger
Rear 60/40 Folding Seat
Air Conditioning
Tilt/Telescope Steering Column
Keyless Entry
Illuminated Entry
Power Locks, Speed Sensitive
Sentry Key(R) Theft Deterrent System
AM/FM/CD w/Changer Controls and Aux Input Jack
6 Boston Acoustics Speakers
Antenna Integrated In the Rear Window
Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
12-Volt Center Console Power Outlet
EXTERIOR FEATURES

PRICE INFORMATION (contd.)
Narrow Body-Color Bodyside Molding
19-Gallon Fuel Tank

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
SRT Option Group I $ 675
Air Conditioning with Dual Zone Auto Temp Control
Air Filtering
Power Front Windows w/One-Touch Up & Down Feature
Heated Front Seats
Automatic Headlamps
SRT Option Group II $ 845
200-Watt Kicker SRT Subwoofer
276-Watt Kicker SRT Amplifier
11 Kicker SRT High-Performance Speakers
Security Alarm
SRT Option Group III $ 2,550
1-Year Service Provided by SIRIUS
SIRIUS Satellite Digital Radio
Call SIRIUS to Activate at 888-539-7474
Automatically-Dimming Rearview Mirror
Navigation System with GPS
DVD-based GPS Navigation System with 6-CD/MP3 Chngr
UConnect(TM) Hands-Free Communication
Supplemental Side Air Bags** $ 390
Front & Rear Side Curtain Air Bags**
Power Sunroof $ 950
50-State Emissions
Gas Guzzler Tax $ 2,100 :eek:

DESTINATION CHARGE $ 675

TOTAL PRICE:* $ 43,505

Assembly Point/Port of Entry: BRAMPTON, ONTARIO, CANADA

VIN:2B3LA73W86H425782 L4-VON:3255
This window sticker may or may not match the actual window sticker on the vehicle itself. We reserve the right to make changes without notice and are not responsible for typographical errors. Dealers are independent and free to set their own prices. *STATE AND/OR LOCAL TAXES, IF ANY, LICENSE AND TITLE FEES AND DEALER SUPPLIED AND INSTALLED OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS PRICE. DISCOUNT, IF ANY, IS BASED ON THE PRICE OF OPTIONS IF PURCHASED SEPARATELY.

THIS VEHICLE IS MANUFACTURED TO MEET SPECIFIC UNITED STATES REQUIREMENTS. THIS VEHICLE IS NOT MANUFACTURED FOR SALE OR REGISTRATION OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.

PARTS CONTENT INFORMATION
FOR VEHICLES IN THIS CARLINE:
U.S./CANADIAN PARTS CONTENT: 70%

NOTE: PARTS CONTENT DOES NOT INCLUDE FINAL ASSEMBLY, DISTRIBUTION, OR OTHER NON-PARTS COSTS.
FOR THIS VEHICLE:

FINAL ASSEMBLY POINT:
BRAMPTON, ONTARIO, CANADA
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:

ENGINE: MX
TRANSMISSION: DE

Bumper Performance:
This vehicle is equipped with bumper systems that can withstand a frontal barrier impact speed of 5.0 miles per hour and a rear barrier impact speed of 5.0 miles per hour with no more damage than allowed by the Federal bumper standard. The Federal Bumper Standard allows damage to the bumpers and attaching hardware and specifies barrier tests to be conducted at 2.5 miles per hour.

Smog Index:
The Smog Index of this vehicle is 0.82 .

CLEANERMORE POLLUTING
The Smog Index of the average new vehicle is 0.50
The Smog Index (SI) indicates the relative level of smog-forming pollutants emitted by the vehicle. The lower the SI, the lower the vehicle's emissions.

CITY MPG
14 HIGHWAY MPG
Actual Mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and vehicle's condition. Results reported to EPA indicate that the majority of vehicles with these estimates will achieve between 11 and 17 mpg in the city,
and between
17 and 23 mpg on the highway.
2006 CHARGER
8 CYL, 6.1 L (370 CID),
MULTIPOINT FUEL INJ.
5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANS. W/
LOCKUP TORQUE CONVERTER

For Comparison Shopping all vehicles declared as

have been issued mileage ratings ranging from 10 to 24 mpg city and 14 to 34 mpg highway.
Estimated Annual Fuel Cost:
$ 2,250

vkirkend
09-14-2006, 02:01 PM
And the Challenger won't be out until 2008.

Johnman
09-14-2006, 04:09 PM
I got mine last April. A Silver Charger SRT8 for $39,730. I consider it a bargain. I tried to buy (order) a Shelby Mustang, but the dealer said they would just sell them to the highest bidder when they came in.So I told him to call me when they got one in, but he never did. By then I had already bought this car anyway, and I have good rear seat room for the kiddos (bye Ford-hope ya survive!) I get 12-13 mpg in town, but my wife drives an Escape hybrid so that makes up for it! The power of this car is otherworldly. BTW, I'm still trying to sell my Marauder, which I will sorely miss.:cry:

dj_pizm
08-24-2008, 03:58 PM
The charger is a very nice car, but the mm is rare. They didn't make a lot of mm and everyone doesn't have one. And in the year 2013 they will be classic and still value at around $10k if in good condition.... Give the charger 10 years and it will value at around $1,500-3,000!!!!!!!

Glenn
08-24-2008, 04:14 PM
The cost of my MM and all my mods is still less then a new Challenger and it will out perform a new Challenger in all categories. A new Challenger in a recent car magazine with a CAI, tune and Bora exhaust could only do a 13.07 in the 1/4 mile - not good in my book for the money. I think the car looks great, but performance is what counts. I really hope some Challenger SRT8s show up at SSHS8. I would like to line up against one.

Glenn :burnout:

Eric-Blk2004
08-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Old thread....seriously..