PDA

View Full Version : Episode III

duhtroll
05-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Just got back from the midnight showing of SWIII . . .

Well, it's definitely better than I and II. A root canal was better than II IMO, but III was definitely fun to watch. It has its corny moments, but you can look past them if you try.

It's also kinda choppy but has lots of great action scenes. Not going to give anything away, but I don't think it's either the disappointment some predicted or the "end all, be all" that others have.

Did anyone else venture out tonight?

-A

Donny Carlson
05-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Just got back from the midnight showing of SWIII . . .

Well, it's definitely better than I and II. A root canal was better than II IMO, but III was definitely fun to watch. It has its corny moments, but you can look past them if you try.

It's also kinda choppy but has lots of great action scenes. Not going to give anything away, but I don't think it's either the disappointment some predicted or the "end all, be all" that others have.

Did anyone else venture out tonight?

-A
I just got home. It was great! Very image intensive, I gotta go see it again just to take in the new worlds we see. Lots of loose ends tied up, things explained. Anakin/Darth Vader as a crispy critter was pretty gruesome. Not for the kiddies, this one.

dwasson
05-19-2005, 07:01 AM
But I hear that Jar Jar wasn't the star of this one. That is a plus.

duhtroll
05-19-2005, 07:43 AM
He appeared once for a very short time. I'm not sure he even had a line.

Too bad the lightsaber was missing from his head.

-A

Slowpoke
05-19-2005, 08:23 AM
We have an 18 screeen theatre a block from where I live - on the way home last night (7:00 pm) there was already a line of a couple hundred people all dressed up waiting to get in. I chuckled. Dont get me wring, I AM a fan, but I cannot imagine anyone who spends their spare time worshiping Star Wars when they could be washing, waxing, and modding their car.

DEFYANT
05-19-2005, 08:29 AM
As soon as the crowds die down, I'm going. I may drive by the theater tonight after work. If it is reasonable, I'll go

Fourth Horseman
05-19-2005, 09:05 AM
As soon as the crowds die down, I'm going.

I'm going to hit it next week for this very reason.

MI2QWK4U
05-19-2005, 12:09 PM
We have an 18 screeen theatre a block from where I live - on the way home last night (7:00 pm) there was already a line of a couple hundred people all dressed up waiting to get in. I chuckled. Dont get me wring, I AM a fan, but I cannot imagine anyone who spends their spare time worshiping Star Wars when they could be washing, waxing, and modding their car.

Around here I reserved the tickets online, then when we got to the show about an hour early, you just walk up to one of the dozen ticket atm kiosks and swipe your card, it pulls up your order you made 3 weeks ago online by the card, and prints them out in 30 seconds. They let the reserved folks in, we got ok seats and had 45 min to kill waiting for the show to start, what was cool was they brought pop, popcorn and hot dogs for us. It wasnt what i expected and went very smooth...
but what a movie....so much to pick up on, so many things that had to happen, but you dont know how.

Bluerauder
05-19-2005, 12:20 PM
Dont get me wrong, I AM a fan, but I cannot imagine anyone who spends their spare time worshiping Star Wars when they could be washing, waxing, and modding their car.

Just last weekend my wife "casually" mentioned to me that I am obsessed with keeping the Blue Marauder in the driveway shiney and clean. :D I think that she's just embarrassed that her's gets washed two times a year, max !! :rolleyes:

Regarding Star Wars ... my oldest son was born in 1977 not long after the first release. He just picked up a framed Star Wars poster for Episode IV signed by Harrison Ford for a mere $300. Yeah, he's a big fan !!! :D

GarageMahal
05-19-2005, 01:39 PM
I saw it last night as well. I got my tickets online a week or so ago and thought I was in good shape since I picked the 3rd starting time which I expected to leave a little elbow room in the theater.

No such luck, we get there 30 minutes before showtime and the parking lot is packed. It turns out they had 8 more screens showing the film than the 3 I had expected. Anyway this lead to crappy seats and no pop-corn :(

The movie itself was definately the best of 1-3 but I think 4-6 all were better. Then again, I grew up with the "old" ones.

There were a lot less BBSW (born before Star Wars) fans than I expected. But the kids pretty much behaved and allowed me to enjoy the movie.

jta

Jaguar
05-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I thought about driving by the theater nearby last night to see all the "different" people dressed up and waiting in line. But I decided not to so no one would actually think I was there to see it :cool:

engine23ccvfd
05-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Saw it during lunch today...it was better than episade I and II but still far behind Star Wars (the original)

duhtroll
05-19-2005, 05:03 PM
You have a 2 hour and 15 minute lunch???

Are you guys taking applications?

-A

engine23ccvfd
05-19-2005, 07:27 PM
You have a 2 hour and 15 minute lunch???

Are you guys taking applications?

-A

Went with my boss....he looked at me with an evil grin and said "you know you cant bill for this right?" at which point we both chuckled :burnout: :D

dwasson
05-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Went with my boss....he looked at me with an evil grin and said "you know you cant bill for this right?" at which point we both chuckled :burnout: :D

Most of the places I've worked had an unwritten rule that when dining with your boss the underling pays. This is because, when the expense report is sent in, your approves it. Your boss will approve the booze you bought him but HIS boss might not.

IMAX
05-19-2005, 11:04 PM
I just got home from seeing. Loved it. Watched part of the Clone Wars animated series on Cartoon Network this past weekend & that really filled in some blanks. Too bad the Clone Wars wasn't a movie.

I beat the game last week. Really short. I'm annoyed they left 2 characters from the game out of the movie. Maybe they will be in the deleted scenes that will probably added when the DVD is released.

Overall, I'm a little sad the story is now complete...

Dave Compson
05-20-2005, 06:27 PM
This one is by far, my favorite. I really enjoyed the entire movie. It was a little gory in parts, but ill deal with that. So long as i never have to see jar jar, or those lame ewoks again..

It did answer alot of questions. I want a copy on DVD already! Ill probably wear it out.

Shaft333
05-20-2005, 07:22 PM
I thought it was good.
A couple of things needed a severe change, but I chalk that up the Lucas being out of touch for a couple of decades.

There was a beheading which means instant four stars! http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

engine23ccvfd
05-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Most of the places I've worked had an unwritten rule that when dining with your boss the underling pays. This is because, when the expense report is sent in, your approves it. Your boss will approve the booze you bought him but HIS boss might not.

They also use said expense reports to lay you off later....been there done that this past Febuary :mad2:

MENINBLK
05-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Saw the movie this morning.

I am such a surround sound junkie that the
audio tracks in this episode didn't impress me at all.

There was no thump on landings and explosions...
No ****zle when the light sabers met.
Something was definitely amiss..

I am going to try and see it again in the IMAX theater here.

If the audio still sucks, then it is really surprising coming from Lucas. :(

Donny Carlson
05-20-2005, 09:05 PM
Saw the movie this morning.

I am such a surround sound junkie that the
audio tracks in this episode didn't impress me at all.

There was no thump on landings and explosions...
No ****zle when the light sabers met.
Something was definitely amiss..

I am going to try and see it again in the IMAX theater here.

If the audio still sucks, then it is really surprising coming from Lucas. :(

Did you see it in a THX certified theatre, in DTS? The sound in my auditorium was incredible.

Birmingham has one of the few venues showing Ep. III on a digital screen. It was sold out for the midnight show, but I intend my next viewing to be at this theatre.

Donny Carlson
05-22-2005, 09:17 AM
http://cagle.com/news/StarWars2005/images/fairrington.jpg (http://cagle.slate.msn.com/caglecards/main.asp?image=/news/StarWars2005/images/fairrington.jpg)

http://cagle.com/news/StarWars2005/images/sheneman00.gif (http://cagle.slate.msn.com/caglecards/main.asp?image=/news/StarWars2005/images/sheneman00.gif)

http://cagle.com/news/StarWars2005/images2/grondahl.gif (http://cagle.slate.msn.com/caglecards/main.asp?image=/news/StarWars2005/images2/grondahl.gif)

dwasson
05-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Triumph versus the Star Wars Nerds. (http://gamefiles.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyondergames/trailers/ROFL.STARWARS.NERDS.wmv)