PDA

View Full Version : Magaflows on my other car - installed by TAF

67435animal
05-23-2005, 02:05 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/P5230060.JPG

What a great job Grand Muffler of Marietta did on my mufflers. If you've seen the stock mousey GM mufflers on the 2005 Corvette, you will appreciate how great these look (and how nice and nasty they sound!)

We now have another great business to patronize in the ATL...Grand Muffler!

Thanks Todd (and his expert installer, Bryan)!!

BillyGman
05-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey, that looks serious! :2thumbs:

Joe Walsh
05-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Nice Lookin' Pipes!! :2thumbs:

I must admit....I never really liked the last generation Vettes: Too Big and that god awful huge 'bustle butt'!.........
But I really like the new '05 Vettes and I must bow :bows: to the upcoming 427 cid Z06!!!

Hmmmmmmm..... :hmmm: 500hp Vettes will require a 750hp Marauder..... :D

Rider90
05-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Were they made from scratch or did he just hang a kit?

Looks very good! I think we had Corsa on our 04 C5...

SergntMac
05-23-2005, 06:04 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that Grand Muffler will excel with TAF at the helm. Todd is a natural in this business, he should have steped in this direction a long time ago. But who knew, eh?

This is good for us here too, we can stop fishing for correct answers on exhaust system issues, and get the real 411 first time around. It's not as complicated as we like it to be, is it. I can't wait for Todd's 3" stainless upgrade for systems we already invested in, man-oh-man, that would be like running open headers full time. Exhaust gas-wise that is, not noise-wise.

So, you sold your mint '67 and bought an '05. Congrats, but somehow I missed that news here. I must be inately indifferent to Corvettes. Even way back when Stiles and Murdock toured the greatest highway ever, their pursuit of Kerouac held my attention much more than their red two seater. Even today, when I see a Corvette out on the blacktop, I wonder what the hub-bub is all about.

I'm not throwing down on you, Animal, not at all. I just don't get it, and I know that I don't. My bad, I suppose, but it's nice to hear you are pleased with your investment. This is the bottom line on a lot of stuff we trade thoughts on here, being happy with our decisions.

martyo
05-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Great looking pipes Bob!
By the way, it was great to see you this past weekend at that MM.Net event! ;)

67435animal
05-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the comments. I love the sound. The rest of the system is stock including the tips. Bryan, of Grand Muffler, took his time and was very careful removing the old mufflers and installing the new ones. The existing system was unlbolted in order to ensure a perfect fit.

Yes, Mac, sold the 67. I misss it but it was getting to be far to valuable and I was tending to worry when driving it. Yes, anal, I know.

Marty, it was nice to see you as well. Thanks for reminding me to check my post to ensure I had the right url!! When are you relocating?? :P

martyo
05-24-2005, 02:29 AM
When are you relocating?? :P

Be careful what you ask for, I am looking for opportunities in your area! :P

GA-Marauder
05-24-2005, 09:20 PM

What a great job Grand Muffler of Marietta did on my mufflers. If you've seen the stock mousey GM mufflers on the 2005 Corvette, you will appreciate how great these look (and how nice and nasty they sound!)

We now have another great business to patronize in the ATL...Grand Muffler!

Thanks Todd (and his expert installer, Bryan)!!
Those look GREAT! I'm happy as well for the job Todd and his crew did for my MM. X-Pipe and Magnaflows, a great combination.:D