PDA

View Full Version : Looks like this is going to be "Paralegal Knevil"

martyo
05-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Well I couldn't resist.

I wanted a Mustang for a long time now and I know that I will be waiting for the upcoming Shelby, so it looks like this will be mine tomorrow. Haven't quite figured out what I will do with it yet, but I am thinking along the lines of a turbo and making a serious boulevard cruiser with a kicking sound system.

I am in the early planning stages and open to suggestions.

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aad.sized.jpg

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aae.sized.jpg

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aac.sized.jpg

Bradley G
05-23-2005, 09:03 PM
If it's paralegal, can I have the other one?:D

Bradley G

HwyCruiser
05-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Congrats, It looks very clean.

Are you planning on keeping it yellow?

martyo
05-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Are you planning on keeping it yellow?

Kind of catches your eye, eh? :D

jefferson-mo
05-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Marty Marty Marty

too much time on your hands?

:neener:

HwyCruiser
05-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Kind of catches your eye, eh? :D

Yes sir! :up:

If I didn't think the Marauder would look like a taxicab...

DEFYANT

You could paint the MM to match...:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/1210_04_4_web.jpg
:D

martyo
too much time on your hands?

Hey look at what happened to Mrs. Mo when you had too much time on your hands... :D

merc
05-23-2005, 09:19 PM
I think this car might make it to Englishtown before your Marauder. One good thing about the Stang, most modifications will not need to be fabricated. Oh, please put some rims on that bird.

Ezbok58a
05-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Well I couldn't resist.

I wanted a Mustang for a long time now and I know that I will be waiting for the upcoming Shelby, so it looks like this will be mine tomorrow. Haven't quite figured out what I will do with it yet, but I am thinking along the lines of a turbo and making a serious boulevard cruiser with a kicking sound system.

OOOOOOO.:eek:
I'd be wary about modding that, Its one of the limited production Sunburst yellow Mustang Convertables. :nono:
Do some searching for the car cause you got a rare one.

BillyGman
05-23-2005, 09:24 PM
That must not be the original paint (right?). It looks like it's in good condition to say the least.

jefferson-mo
05-23-2005, 09:25 PM

I've got some ideas:

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/55758/index.html

martyo
05-23-2005, 09:32 PM
I'd be wary about modding that, Its one of the limited production Sunburst yellow Mustang Convertables. :nono:

Give that man a cigar! :rasta:

While this is a relatively low mileage limited edition car, they don't seem to be picking up too much collector value. But we will see. For now it is a driver and then we will figure out what to do with it.

bigslim
05-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Nice car Marty. Now you can get a T-shirt made with an ugly guy looking through the window of a yellow Mustang. :D

martyo
05-23-2005, 09:37 PM
I think this car might make it to Englishtown before your Marauder. One good thing about the Stang, most modifications will not need to be fabricated. Oh, please put some rims on that hootie.

You hit the nail on the head merc. Stang parts are a whole lot easier to come by. And, yes this will be getiing some wheels. Perhaps some Plasmas....

martyo
05-23-2005, 09:38 PM
Nice car Marty. Now you can get a T-shirt made with an ugly guy looking through the window of a yellow Mustang. :D

Hey, I resemble that remark. :rolleyes:

Ezbok58a
05-23-2005, 10:26 PM
As long as its mostly bolt ons go for it, I have come to despise that year mustang though. Just to damn many of them, And one of those eliminated me at Fun Ford Weekend:depress:

Oh hold onto those rims, They have been getting expensive in the Mustang world:cool:

martyo
05-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Oh hold onto those rims, They have been getting expensive in the Mustang world:cool:

Yep, there is a real market for some of the parts on those cars. Those guys have a whole world too themselves.

67435animal
05-24-2005, 03:52 AM
You hit the nail on the head merc. Stang parts are a whole lot easier to come by. And, yes this will be getiing some wheels. Perhaps some Plasmas....

Marty, she is beautiful!

Bluerauder
05-24-2005, 04:02 AM
... and making a serious boulevard cruiser with a kicking sound system.

With that color in New York, don't be surprised if folks keep waving at you for a ride. :rolleyes: On second thought, get a hack license and you can subsidize your plan for mods ... :D

MarauderMark
05-24-2005, 04:47 AM
With that color in New York, don't be surprised if folks keep waving at you for a ride. :rolleyes: On second thought, get a hack license and you can subsidize your plan for mods ... :D

I belive Mr Poore has the same car too..

SergntMac
05-24-2005, 06:07 AM
I've got some ideas:
http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/55758/index.html
Wow...Aren't you the sleeper...Way to go Jefferson Mo!

Bluerauder
05-24-2005, 06:13 AM
I belive Mr Poore has the same car too..
Is this the one that Mike calls "Sunshine"?? No wonder !! :D

TooManyFords
05-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Nice car Marty! May I suggest a 514 Ford crate engine? Way fun!!

;)

John

wesman
05-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Make that thing turn, but civilized!

http://www.griggsracing.com/suspension.html

beemer
05-24-2005, 08:05 AM
The Griggs Racing suggestion above is a good one, however you'd be surprised how much improvement can be gained with just bracing the subframe.

The Fox mustang is one of the most tweakable things that EVER rolled off the Ford assembly line.

LOL I spent about 8 years modding these cars. I've been through it all. Pic below was my last endeavor, an '85 GT that ended up with a 351 SVO crate motor, tremec TKO and more suspension mods than you could shake a stick at.

Marty, PM me for more info if you like.

http://members.roadfly.com/beemerz/351stang.jpg

Best,

Paul :D

THE_INTERCEPTOR
05-24-2005, 08:20 AM
Slap a big ol' turbo on it and make 'er run 10's. :D :)

Festus
05-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Marty I still think you need to buy an old beater of a car and name it Lawful Knawful.

Mike Poore
05-24-2005, 01:47 PM
OK, damnit! It's time for Grandpa to jump in here!

MARTY, DON'T YOU DARE DO A DAMNED THING TO THAT CAR! :nono:

It's a '93 Mustang LX Canary Yellow Feature Car and, Except for the Cobra "R" models one of the lowest production Mustang models to date. If you subtract the 83 that were exported, there were 1,031 available to US buyers; 452 with 5sp transmissions.

It's the very car we "put up", and show, the one we call Sunshine, which now has 4,000 miles on it. Please, please, I'm begging you, don't butcher that car.

martyo
05-24-2005, 02:04 PM
It's the very car we "put up", and show, the one we call Sunshine, which now has 4,000 miles on it. Please, please, I'm begging you, don't butcher that car.

Mike, {gulp} I bought this thing to mod. I am not married to it. Why don't you just buy it from me and I will get something else to hack up? It's either that or start saying "Damn, you were right Marty that Yellow Car looks good with mini tubs!!"

klmore
05-24-2005, 02:36 PM

It's a '93 Mustang LX Canary Yellow Feature Car and, Except for the Cobra "R" models one of the lowest production Mustang models to date. If you subtract the 83 that were exported, there were 1,031 available to US buyers; 452 with 5sp transmissions.

I have to agree with Mike on this one. I have a 1984 GT 20th vert with 83k. It is currently sitting waiting for a quality repaint. Then it will be put back up and polished on the weekends. These limited run Mustangs convertibles have no where to go, but up.

But who knows it may look good with mini tubs?:)

Festus
05-24-2005, 02:39 PM

Jeez with that kind of argument... What does that say about my Blue Marauder (1 of 328 Blue cars out of 11,052 total Marauders)?

martyo
05-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Geez, now I feel like ****. I think this is a conspiracy with the Chicago guys :rolleyes: to make me feel bad. I really did buy the car to give it the "treatment."

I don't know if it will change your opinions or not but the front fenders were already replaced and this is a quick run down of what was done to the car before I got my mits on it:

It is a 1993 limited edition convertible 5.0 and has a new top, tires, cold air kit, h-pipe, new brakes, Eibach springs, 3.73 gear, new struts and shocks, Flowmasters, new clear lights, and a real clean interior.

Now what the heck am I going to do?"" :confused:

Mike Poore
05-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Jeez with that kind of argument... What does that say about my Blue Marauder (1 of 328 Blue cars out of 11,052 total Marauders)?
Well, there's more. Subtract another 384 from the 1,031 which had white tops and interior and you end up with the final total of 647 Canary Yellow (paint code BZ) with black top & interior. Remember, these cars were special edition, low production cars from the get-go. Want to hear the "Feature Car" story?

OK, since you asked, here goes:There were four cars in the Feature Car series, headed up by Joe Laura, who is now in the heavy truck division. They were all 5.0 LX convertibles. Joe went off to Desert Storm, that's why the project got put on hold for the '91 model year.

The first was the 7-UP car in 1980. It was Emerald Green with White top & white leather interior and finned GT wheels. 3,837 were produced

The second was a 1992 Red with white top &white leather interior with black piping and special white painted 5-spoke wheels. 2,196 produced

1993 saw two offerings. An all white on white with white wheels, 1,486 produced, and the Canary Yellow "Sunshine". The sticker price on this car was ~$25K.

There is a registry for these cars and I have much documentation and literature about them, as well as much of the lore.

As far as that car's value, as with anything collectible, there are three considerations: Condition, condition, and condition! Car museum curators are always searching for these cars, and we've turned down many offers to sell or "donate" ours. The collector value is starting to move and I'd say ours, at this time, is a worth a little more than we paid for it.

Go take a look at production figures of any of the early high dollar collector Mustangs and you'll see that this is at the top of the list of today's collector cars.

I understand the arguement about the Blue Marauders, but remember, blue is a color variation of the production run, not a special edition from the get-go. Those Chrome wheels? They're factory, and invoice on them was $817.

Think about it, Marty. You've lucked into one of the rarest of all Mustangs.:sunshine:

martyo
05-24-2005, 03:34 PM
There is a registry for these cars and I have much documentation and literature about them, as well as much of the lore.

Yep, there is the Yellow Mustang Registry which can be gotten to here:

http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/

Mike Poore
05-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Geez, now I feel like ****. I think this is a conspiracy with the Chicago guys :rolleyes: to make me feel bad. I really did buy the car to give it the "treatment."

I don't know if it will change your opinions or not but the front fenders were already replaced and this is a quick run down of what was done to the car before I got my mits on it:

It is a 1993 limited edition convertible 5.0 and has a new top, tires, cold air kit, h-pipe, new brakes, Eibach springs, 3.73 gear, new struts and shocks, Flowmasters, new clear lights, and a real clean interior.

Now what the heck am I going to do?"" :confused:
Just enjoy the car, Marty. BTW, there should be special floor mats with a gold running horse embroidered, and running horse ebrrosed in the head rests. Modified or not, it's the one car that has folks stopped dead in their tracks to gawk; and it always draws a crowd at shows. Another plus is that girls will want to have their picture taken with you, (and Sunshine) ....and go for long rides.:sunshine:

Just think, you get to talk to girls and not worry about restraining orders. ;)

rocknrod
05-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Drop it, supercharge it . . . . Go on the power tour with it:D

martyo
05-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Just think, you get to talk to girls and not worry about restraining orders. ;)

I knew this car had real potential!

Bluerauder
05-24-2005, 04:12 PM
No big deal ... I have one too !!! :D

Joe Walsh
05-24-2005, 05:14 PM
UH OH.....I'm really going to pi$$ off Mike with these comments....but here goes...
I am currently working on restoring AND modifying a VERY rare '84 Mustang GT Turbo Convertible (1 of 412 made).
I am going to have it repainted the original silver, put on a new black top, redo the carpet, seats, weatherstripping...all OEM.
I bought a junkyard hood to modify and will store the OEM hood w/power bulge.
I bought a junkyard trunklid and will mount your style rear spoiler on it, again, storing the OEM trunklid.
But, as far as the engine goes.....I'm going to pull the complete 140hp OEM 2.3 Turbo motor and store it.
Then I'm going to stuff in a 2.5 forged stroker with a ported Esslinger aluminum head, ported intake manifold, custom roller cam and a big Garrett GT turbo huffing 22 psi.
Add in a big intercooler, 52#injectors, SS header and 3" exhaust and VOILA!...one stock looking Turbo GT 'Vert with 400+RWHP!!! :D

Marty, If you DO modify it:

Save all the OEM parts
Buy a junkyard or fiberglass aftermarket hood and store the OEM hood
Store the Chrome Rims and Tires
Store the OEM engine
etc, etc, etc...

You never know what one of these will be worth some day.

teamrope
05-24-2005, 09:09 PM
What's next Marty? You gonna get a 300C and call it ILL Legal? :D

Joe Walsh
05-24-2005, 09:14 PM
What's next Marty? You gonna get a 300C and call it ILL Legal? :D

LOL.... :rofl:

Maybe Marty should buy a Mini Cooper and call it 'LEGAL BRIEF'....

GA-Marauder
05-24-2005, 09:27 PM
LOL.... :rofl:

Maybe Marty should buy a Mini Cooper and call it 'LEGAL BRIEF'....
Or maybe a 1969 GTO and call it the Judge...oh, already been done.:rolleyes:

STLR FN
05-24-2005, 11:18 PM
I'd say put twin tubo's on it and call it Gone with the Wind.

martyo
05-25-2005, 02:44 AM
^^^ You guys all need a hobby! ^^^

:rofl:

Mike Poore
05-25-2005, 03:59 AM
UH OH.....I'm really going to pi$$ off Mike with these comments....but here goes...
I am currently working on restoring AND modifying a VERY rare '84 Mustang GT Turbo Convertible (1 of 412 made).
You never know what one of these will be worth some day.
Hey, Joe, that's the way to do it. No problem with that course of action. It's just I envisioned a tubbed out, lowered Sunshine with a 6:71 blower sticking out of the hood, roll cage, wheelie bars, and drag pak.

Lowered & Slammed, indeed! :eek:

The good part is, I think Marty's starting to realize it's potential as a chick magnet. :coolman:

But, there's something else about the Feature Cars. IMHO, the '84 GT Conv is rare in the sense the Blue Marauders are rare; but put the Feature Cars in the same category as the California Specials and that ilk. If you knew the whole story of how Joe Laura and his team made these things, and the secrecy and intrigue involved with the project you'd have a better appreciation for these special cars.

Watch for the article about our car in Mustang Monthly, and more of the story will be told, depending upon how they write it up. Unfortunately we're in the Elenore Phase of the Mustang hobby for the time being. :depress:

martyo
05-25-2005, 04:23 AM
The good part is, I think Marty's starting to realize it's potential as a chick magnet. :coolman:

I plan on getting this installed on the hood as soon as possible:

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Miscellaneous-Car-Stuff/acp.sized.jpg

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 04:44 AM
So that's^the real reason you've been spending so much time in GA, uh?

martyo
05-25-2005, 04:49 AM
So that's^the real reason you've been spending so much time in GA, uh?

Actually, that is my friend's wife. They both know that I am in love with her and they are both okay with that! LOL! Meanwhile, this past weekend she told me that she has a picture of me on her desktop. Drool.....

Let's be honest, what goes better than cars and women?

BillyGman
05-25-2005, 04:51 AM
Let's be honest, what goes better than cars and women?Money & women. (that's what they want).

Bluerauder
05-25-2005, 06:12 AM

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Miscellaneous-Car-Stuff/acp.sized.jpg
Well, if you gotta put an ornament on the hood .... that would definitely be it !!! :rofl: Great pic !! :up: Looks like NBC Shooter has some serious competition now. :rolleyes:

BTW ... :lovies2: :lovies2:

MENINBLK
05-25-2005, 07:42 AM
COOL !!
Great catch Marty !

One problem...
Where ya gonna put the front NY plate ?
I'd have to see you mess up that really cool MUSTANG bumper...

martyo
05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Where ya gonna put the front NY plate ?

Who said anything about NY plates?

The car will be tagged in my home away from home: Georgia!

Marauderman
05-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Who said anything about NY plates?

The car will be tagged in my home away from home: Georgia!
..........yeah.......probably stored in a garage ...with.......some other metal company.......like that stuff looking like tube like pipes laying around on each other---....gee.....sounds like ....naw.....although it would be a good place for undercarraige work while there....cough..cough....well. ..upgrades are the main course --right.!..!too bad Todd want have enough room..cough..man..gota get that cough fixed----fix--now there is another word for it-----oh forget it-----!!!

rocknrod
05-25-2005, 06:33 PM

I must be living wrong. . . . . :alone:

Donny Carlson
05-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Actually, that is my friend's wife. They both know that I am in love with her and they are both okay with that! LOL! Meanwhile, this past weekend she told me that she has a picture of me on her desktop. Drool.....

The picture is impressive, however, she is far more impressive in real life, imo.

martyo
05-25-2005, 08:04 PM
The picture is impressive, however, she is far more impressive in real life, imo.

Did I mention that she has my picture on her desk? {sigh....} :o

rocknrod
05-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Did I mention that she has my picture on her desk? {sigh....} :oBastard.....;) You know I'm jealous

Mike Poore
05-26-2005, 04:00 AM
Did I mention that she has my picture on her desk? {sigh....} :o\\

I just feel sorry for the poor girl; I mean, just consider her discomfort before she had the breast reduction surgery. :rofl:

98gtx
05-26-2005, 12:28 PM

So Mart - what were YOU doing on HER desktop?:rolleyes: :D

martyo
05-26-2005, 12:41 PM
So Mart - what were YOU doing on HER desktop?:rolleyes: :D

That's easy....SMILIN'! :D

martyo
07-24-2005, 07:59 PM
I re-did the interior (new carpet and trunk liner and new Katzkin seat covers). Pictures are below. I used my friend's camera which sucks because it made the photos look blue, but you can get the idea from these pictures.

I also picked up a set of brand new floor mats from when this was a "Feature" car.

Now I am working on a turbo kit that I picked up from a member here and the install of a Pioneer Avic that I picked up from a friend of mine on my Marauder site.

The progress is slow but steady.

When I am done I will have a great cruise night car that can handle some trips with some style as well.

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aam.jpg

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aan.jpg

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aao.jpg

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aau.jpg

martyo
07-24-2005, 08:03 PM
And this is the Turbo kit that I picked up and which will (hopefully) be installed shortly:

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aat.jpg

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aas.jpg

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aar.jpg

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aaq.jpg

Donny Carlson
07-24-2005, 08:18 PM
I really like the new interior! This is already a beauty. It's gonna be really sweet, Marty!

Mike Poore
07-25-2005, 09:07 AM
http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/album02/aau.jpg
Great find, Marty. Those are the correct mats for it.

gpfarrell
07-25-2005, 09:18 AM
Marty... looks like fun! Marauders are wonderful, but there's something especially fun about the crude approach of a Fox! Have loved mine for years... haven't read the whole thread yet, but make sure you get sub-frame connectors if you haven't already done so.