PDA

View Full Version : A black bear on a trampoline caught on tape

twolow
05-24-2005, 11:51 AM
komotv.com/qt/bouncing_bear.mpg (http://www.komotv.com/qt/bouncing_bear.mpg)

Just plain weird!

I bet by the title you were expecting something different ;) This wasn't a circus bear!

Bluerauder
05-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Just plain weird!

I bet by the title you were expecting something different ;) This wasn't a circus bear!
The news report said that the bear was OK and released. :rolleyes: It sure looked like it landed head-first and should have broken its neck or spine. :(

Not sure who's bright idea it was to use a trampoline instead of a fire rescue net to absorb the impact and not throw the "victim" back 10-15 feet in the air. :dunno: Hope this department is not using the trampoline to rescue 2nd floor jumpers. :rolleyes:

blackf0rk
05-24-2005, 12:15 PM
The news report said that the bear was OK and released. :rolleyes: It sure looked like it landed head-first and should have broken its neck or spine. :(

Not sure who's bright idea it was to use a trampoline instead of a fire rescue net to absorb the impact and not throw the "victim" back 10-15 feet in the air. :dunno: Hope this department is not using the trampoline to rescue 2nd floor jumpers. :rolleyes:
No doubt - the slow-mo reveals it clearly landed on it's head/neck. I know bears have bigger necks and muscles than us so maybe we're equating it with a human-type fall on the neck, but jeese - that looks like it can't be good :bigcry:

dwasson
05-24-2005, 02:43 PM
but jeese - that looks like it can't be good :bigcry:

That will teach him not to do it again. :nono:

BK_GrandMarquis
05-24-2005, 05:07 PM
No doubt - the slow-mo reveals it clearly landed on it's head/neck. I know bears have bigger necks and muscles than us so maybe we're equating it with a human-type fall on the neck, but jeese - that looks like it can't be good :bigcry:
I have noticed that bodies under stress result in more injury than when relaxed. He probably does have a few bruises but because his neck was not rigid, it just absorbed the impact. Plus bears have a much stronger build than we do. I remember a a study awhile ago about cats landing on their feet. It mentioned something about the cats being relaxed during landing.

Joe Walsh
05-24-2005, 05:19 PM

Yeah, the poor bear bounced back up almost as high as he was to begin with in the tree, EXCEPT on reentry he takes a full 'header'!
Too bad the bear didn't wake up and MAUL the dip***** who thought up the trampoline!