PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Blamed for Koran Harm in WTC Collapse

dwasson
05-27-2005, 08:22 AM
(2005-05-27) -- Muslims in Pakistan and Afghanistan rioted today in response to new reports that copies of the Koran were desecrated when two American buildings collapsed after being struck by American airplanes in September of 2001.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) revealed that fragments of the burned and soiled Korans were discovered in the ruins of the World Trade Center towers in New York City.

A spokesman for the ACLU said the Bush administration did little to prevent the damage to the Islamic holy books, that apparently belonged to Muslims who worked in the office towers until their "unjustified termination" during the morning of September 11, 2001.

"This is just another example of U.S. insensitivity to cultural diversity," said the unnamed ACLU spokesman. "To add insult to injury, anonymous sources say that some of the Koran fragments may have been unceremoniously dumped in a landfill."

Rider90
05-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Good, ***k em :rolleyes:

That was obviously the intention, right? a******s...

BillyGman
05-27-2005, 09:22 AM
What a bunch of fanatics. As if though a book (whether it was the Koran, the bible, or whatever) made of simply paper and ink is more important than all the human lives that were wasted on that day. people like that will always hate others who aren't of their same race or religion no matter what they do. They just look for reasons to hate Americans, so why even bother trying to cater to them? And the ACLU is just a joke.

Bluerauder
05-27-2005, 09:29 AM
(2005-05-27) -- Muslims in Pakistan and Afghanistan rioted today ......."
So what else is new?? :dunno: I believe rioting is their national pasttime ... just like baseball here. :D However, I think that this "article" was supposed to be taken as "tongue in cheek". ;)

BruteForce
05-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Good, ***k em :rolleyes:

That was obviously the intention, right? a******s...

Hmmm... "Shock User" button seems to be defective. :P

Y'all realize the "press release" is a joke, right?

STLR FN
05-27-2005, 11:11 AM
A spokesman for the ACLU said the Bush administration did little to prevent the damage to the Islamic holy books, that apparently belonged to Muslims who worked in the office towers until their "unjustified termination" during the morning of September 11, 2001.Lets see the WTC's collasped and burned and we're supposed to run in a save every religious artifact in there? I'm sure there were a of bibles in there that burnt but you don't hear the ALCU b!tching about them burning. So what now? We bow down and kiss every proverbial ass that gets upset. I don't think so.

Embassy
05-27-2005, 12:24 PM
That story sounds like something that would be posted on The Onion's website.

BillyGman
05-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Hmmm... "Shock User" button seems to be defective. :P

Y'all realize the "press release" is a joke, right?Nope, I didn't even read it myself. I just read the first post of this thread, and it set me off on one of my pet peeves.Yes I knew about the strikes overseas, and them being because of a copy of the Koran that was allegedly left on a toilet, or pages of it that were allegedly flushed, but when I saw this thread I just assumed that it was for real, and that they were protesting again over some other report about something else that took place during with copies of the Koran during or after the 9/11 incident (since I wouldn't put it past them anyway).OOOOOOOOPS....nevermin d

Anyway, thanks for the correction Bruteforce & Bluerauder................:o

rocknrod
05-27-2005, 05:48 PM
It's funny, everyone in the media talks about disrespecting the Koran.
Yet NO respect is given to the Bible or the Tora by the same people.
Not wildy religious here, but I do not see anything but political hacks making
wild acusationos concerning religions they dont respect themselves.

dwasson
05-27-2005, 09:34 PM
I gotta stop posting satire.It only works when it is recognized.

Nahhh, screw it. I'll post more satire as it occurs to me.

BruteForce
05-27-2005, 10:22 PM
I gotta stop posting satire.It only works when it is recognized.

Nahhh, screw it. I'll post more satire as it occurs to me.

Tough room for the highbrow stuff. :D

BillyGman
05-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Tough room for the highbrow stuff. :DOh no, don't look now, but i think that makes me a "Low" brow. :eek: :baaa:

martyo
05-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Oh no, don't look now, but i think that makes me a "Low" brow. :eek: :baaa:

Billy, you were low brow long before this stuff! :P

BillyGman
05-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Billy, you were low brow long before this stuff! :PYeah, that's what I kinda thought. But i wasn't too sure about it. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :depress:

CBT
05-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Too bad I'm not smart enough to make a car that runs off Korans. I'd be burning rubber Holy-style, baby!