PDA

View Full Version : To our LEO members

Donny Carlson
06-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Just being a mail man I sometimes get annoyed with the public. You guys, on the other hand, put up with situations that I would never handle as well. Case in point, this:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/video/taser_video3a.html

The officer here shows AMAZING calm and patience. If it were me, I'd a popped her a couple times with the baton. Especially during the extended histronic wailing.

LCSO34
06-01-2005, 09:07 PM
If you watch all the videos closely the you can see the yellow hood. Its a cobra, The car and officer are in the Florida State LEAD calender, month of July. The calender was posted several weeks ago. I sent a form to Florida and they sent a hundred calenders to me for free. I still have a bunch left so if anyone wants one PM me with your address, I still have to figure out how much it cost to mail them.

rocknrod
06-01-2005, 10:17 PM
When I left the service I was contemplating being a Texas State Trooper. My wife said I'd be in trouble in NO TIME!:D

I wouldnt be able to take the crap these guys are forced to endure without loosing it. They just don't make enough money to have to put up with some of crap they get.

I personally believe that after the age of darkness (the 60's), law enforcement has been up against it.

Petrograde
06-02-2005, 03:17 AM
Man,.. That's gotta suck having video and audio of you doing your job. I'm sure glad I don't have a 'dash cam' when I'm working,... or not working. :P

Mike Poore
06-02-2005, 03:44 AM
Barb & I were talking about this at brefas this morning. If you get stopped: it's engine off, 4ways on, cards out, interior lights on (after dark), window down both hands on the wheel, seatbelt connected, eye contact, greeting of the day. You'll learn why you were stopped, if you don't already know. ;)

Bluerauder
06-02-2005, 04:13 AM
I think she had a comprehension problem ... :rolleyes: Overuse of cellphones in the car tends to make people do extremely dumb things !!

MarauderMark
06-02-2005, 04:44 AM
Yeah i thought it was a cobra.To bad they don't show more of the car than some over dramatic brat..Those tazered videos are allways fun to watch the person allways goes from hard a$$ to yes sir in an instant..

seans
06-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Man,.. That's gotta suck having video and audio of you doing your job. I'm sure glad I don't have a 'dash cam' when I'm working,... or not working. :P

We don't have video cameras in our cruiser but most officers in my department would like to have them. In this case if they didn't have the video, the suspect could claim that she did everything the officer wanted her to do and that he just tazed her because he is a racist. And as we all now in this day and age a lot of people would believe her. But the video tells the truth.

I know that I personally have been the victim of two or three false complaints about my demeanor or actions I took during a motor vehicle stop.

In our country suspects are innocent until proven guilty but police officers are guilty until proven innocent.

Shaft333
06-02-2005, 06:14 AM
AH! Because of the audience of this site I'm certain it's best I withhold comment.

ParkRanger
06-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Just being a mail man I sometimes get annoyed with the public. You guys, on the other hand, put up with situations that I would never handle as well. Case in point, this:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/video/taser_video3a.html

The officer here shows AMAZING calm and patience. If it were me, I'd a popped her a couple times with the baton. Especially during the extended histronic wailing.

People today just don't have respect for LEO's - and this, or some other type of negative contact, will usually be the result.
When I was a boy we admired P.O.'s and quickly obeyed when contacted by them. Those days are gone.

PR :burnout:

twolow
06-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Kudos to the cop for not blasting back with comments that he may later regret.

And in the first video before the car gets pulled over, the officer does state it's one of their unmarked Mustang Cobra's making the traffic stop. I could hear the exhaust rumble at idle when his microphone was in or near the car, loved it :D

I love how she says his stop was 'illegal' because he was in motion when he radared her. Where did this false rumor start? I see officers cross the ditch and chase the guy going the other way all the time. I think the reason most officers stop and do radar is the simple fact they are tired of driving around in circles all day :)

CBT
06-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Oh my gawd was that FUNNY!! Forget saving up for a Supercharger, I'm saving my money and gettin me a tazer and a complete idiot to zap with it all day long!! Poor Officer will probably get sued, it will be a jury of her peers, and she'll get a gabillion zillion dollars. They should do a "Where are they now?" story on her in a year or two and see if she's still that stupid. :stupid: And then zap her again just for old times sake and audience amusement. I'd buy that cop a beer :beer: if I ever ran into him. He should enter this in Funniest Home Video's and get that top prize.

Brutus
06-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Here is a favorite of mine.http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=tazered.wmv

Click on the Click here to start your download (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/tazered.wmv)

Bluerauder
06-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Here is a favorite of mine
Dayum ... he zapped that guy enough times that he could rent himself out as a battery charger for a week !!! :D

BruteForce
06-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Here is a favorite of mine
:lol: :lol:

Officer gives command...
perp "No!"
ZAP!
Officer gives command...
perp "No!"
ZAP!
repeat pattern several more times...
Officer gives command...
perp "[groan] Okay [groan]"

Too bad LEO didn't have that tapped into the family jewels. Perp may have complied in a more timely manner.

Donny Carlson
06-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Chris Rock's "How not to get your azz kicked by the police"

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2458063?htv=12