PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request: Family member killed in accident

Mad1
06-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey folks,

I just wanted to ask you all to pray for my brother-in-law's family in Michigan. Their grandfather was killed yesterday in this accident near 13 Mile Road. It's the third death in their family this month and this was a pretty bad way to go.

The story (http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/060205/loc_ax001.shtml) was in the Macomb Daily newspaper today. I guess the paper had to go with unidentified because police hadn't yet notified the family when this story went to print.

An unidentified man believed to be in his 80s was decapitated Wednesday afternoon when he drove his car into the back of a flatbed car hauler on Groesbeck Highway, south of 13 Mile Road.
"The gentleman's car, a small Oldsmobile, hit the car hauler in a side-swipe action," said Suminski. "The top of the car was completely sheared off .... It wasn't a pleasant sight."

Thanks all,
Jeremy

fastblackmerc
06-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey folks,

I just wanted to ask you all to pray for my brother-in-law's family in Michigan. Their grandfather was killed yesterday in this accident near 13 Mile Road. It's the third death in their family this month and this was a pretty bad way to go.

The story (http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/060205/loc_ax001.shtml) was in the Macomb Daily newspaper today. I guess the paper had to go with unidentified because police hadn't yet notified the family when this story went to print.

Thanks all,
Jeremy
Will keep them in our prayers.

CBT
06-02-2005, 09:06 AM
They have my prayers and sympathy.

Bluerauder
06-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Hey folks,

Absolutely terrible. :cry: My sincerest condolenaces to you and the family !! :(

twolow
06-02-2005, 09:53 AM
My first reaction was jaw dropping, then sadness. I wish your family well.

Fourth Horseman
06-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Sorry to hear of the terrible loss. :(

RoyLPita
06-02-2005, 10:15 AM
He will be prayed for.

Smokie
06-02-2005, 10:32 AM
You can count on that prayer, I am truly sorry about the pain your family had to endure.

Dr Caleb
06-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Wow Jeremy. I am saddened to hear of your losses. You are in my thoughts as well.

LordVader
06-02-2005, 11:44 AM
:( A prayer for the family in their time of loss, and for you as well.

Donna
06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey folks,

Thanks all,
Jeremy
Jeremy,

We are truly sorry to hear of your family's lost. Please accept our condolences and our prayers are with you and the family

Donna

the_pack_rat
06-02-2005, 05:54 PM
Sorry to hear such a terrible thing.

My deepest condolences to your family.

ckadiddle
06-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Very sorry to hear of such tragedy. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

merc406
06-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Our condoences go out to his family and friends.

That road is known for bad accidents, but anymore, with the amount of traffic we have now, any road is.

bigslim
06-02-2005, 08:20 PM
I saw that report yesterday. I had no idea that he was part of our family here. My prayers to you and your family.

jgc61sr2002
06-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry about your loss. My condolences.

martyo
06-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Prayers sent!

seans
06-03-2005, 05:35 AM
You and your family are in our prayers.

04funmerc
06-03-2005, 05:46 AM
Hey folks,

Thanks all,
Jeremy
My prayers will be with you and your family on the unfortunate loss of your loved ones and especially for the accident and trully untimely loss of the family's Grandfather.
JIM

metroplex
06-03-2005, 06:21 AM
HOLY SCHITT. That is on my daily commuting route. I have no idea what happened based on the article. He was going southbound and sideswiped a hauler??? Was the hauller making an illegal right turn or something or trying to merge onto southbound traffic using the Michigan middle lane?

I didn't take that route home that day otherwise I would have seen the scene. :( Groesbeck isn't bad if everyone drives properly. But the trucks sometimes just cut out in front of traffic. I had an 18 wheeler cut out in front of me (driving out of a shop east of Groesbeck, making a left onto southbound groesbeck. Has to cut across 4 lanes to do so) and others forcing us to stop sharply. I think we need large tanks to maintain the system of checks and balances with 18 wheelers. The occaisonal M1 Abrams that doesn't brake for anyone should put the hauler and semi drivers in place.

Prayers sent.

Mad1
06-03-2005, 06:51 AM
That is on my daily commuting route. I have no idea what happened based on the article. He was going southbound and sideswiped a hauler??? Was the hauller making an illegal right turn or something or trying to merge onto southbound traffic using the Michigan middle lane?

Unfortunately, it isn't clear how it happened. The newspaper report said the car was in the middle southbound lane and the truck was making a right turn into "Dale's Landscaping parking lot." It didn't say if the truck was traveling south or north. And, I don't know which side of the road that parking lot is on. (Unfortunately, I'm about 700 miles away in Tennessee, otherwise I'd be giving that reporter and possibly his editor a few dope slaps from one newspaperman to another for such a sloppy job.)

Anyway, it's clear the truck's rear flatbed car hauler deck was intruding into the car's lane and I guess it must not have been clearly visible because of how thin a profile it has at that end.

One of my other brother-in-law's called the newspaper and tried to get a clearer picture of what actually happened. From what I hear through the family grapevine is the paper told him they should sue over the accident. (I'm not sure why, who or what that sort of comment means, I certainly wouldn't have given out that sort of advice from my desk in a newsroom.) And it still doesn't bring that loved one back.

The funeral is this weekend. Thanks for all the support, it means a lot to have people to share their concerns and receive your thoughts in return.

Jeremy
Mad1

Mad1
06-04-2005, 07:02 AM
Wow, the newspaper posted a picture of the car online.
http://photos.micentral.com/photos/139339_ax1.jpg

I don't see how they can call that a sideswipe. It cut the entire roof off the from the doors on up and it wasn't a convertible before the accident.

Now I really want to see the police reconstruction of this accident, before I'll believe that truck was "sticking" out into the middle lane. Looks more like it was way out there.

Mad1
Jeremy

NAVCHAP
06-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Condolences and prayers from the Chaplain. Very Respectfully, -kjs-

MaLo03
06-04-2005, 04:48 PM
So Sorry................