PDA

View Full Version : One of Our MM For Sale??

STLR FN
06-03-2005, 07:45 PM
2004 Silver Birch For Sale. Selling corp is outta NY but the car is from VA. Reason why I say "ours" is that halfway in the pics a MM.net fuel bib is shown.

'04 Marauder (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6882&item=4554255380&rd=1)

MENINBLK
06-03-2005, 08:27 PM
2004 Silver Birch For Sale. Selling corp is outta NY but the car is from VA. Reason why I say "ours" is that halfway in the pics a MM.net fuel bib is shown.

'04 Marauder (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6882&item=4554255380&rd=1)

Quoted from the ad...

"AT 75 MPH YOU HIT THE GAS AND THE CAR DROPS DOWNS TWO GEARS..."

Evidentally, he hasn't READ the gas tank bib,
or else he would have visited this site,
and learned not to nail the gas pedal in OVERDRIVE !!!

IDIOT !!! :nono:

rocknrod
06-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Quoted from the ad..."AT 75 MPH YOU HIT THE GAS AND THE CAR DROPS DOWNS TWO GEARS..."............and learned not to nail the gas pedal in OVERDRIVE !!!.
What happens if you do that ?

MENINBLK
06-03-2005, 08:55 PM
What happens if you do that ?

You will burn out Overdrive.

rocknrod
06-03-2005, 09:53 PM
......."No big thing";)

Burn out overdrive: Big Thing !
Thanks for that info (note to self......)

FordNut
06-04-2005, 04:14 AM
Hasn't hurt mine...

MarauderMark
06-04-2005, 04:25 AM
He has the fender badges too .but i guess he couldnt clean em though..

jdando
06-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Is that a full size spare also?

jeremy

MaLo03
06-04-2005, 07:21 AM
I think that's a Gods Head emblem on the steering wheel

marauder307
06-04-2005, 07:24 AM
He has the fender badges too .but i guess he couldnt clean em though..

Mine look like that too, maybe even worse. I got in on the (maybe) third or fourth run of those---I dunno, it was SOME later run---and after the first trip through the car wash, the appearance went south. I called up Marty and asked him about it; he said he wasn't aware of the problem but was sorry to hear about it, even said that he'd replace 'em if he could find a spare set. I'm not overly concerned---I'm trying to get my car into a warranty paintjob, and they'll have to come off anyway when that happens---and I think with some careful fine detail work, I can probably recondition 'em.

As for burning out overdrive, well...30k+ miles since new on mine, and the tranny ain't dead yet. I AM noticing that the TC is shifting roughly (lots of banging and clunking), but hey, according to Mercury, it's just fine. When it does quit, I'm gonna have it built the way it should have been done at the factory (i.e. a trip to Dennis' shop).

Of course I DID drive an '06 Charger R/T yesterday too...

I know, I know...beware the dark side. Too alluring, the smell of new car leather is... :rolleyes:

RF Overlord
06-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Well, the author of the car's description can't be from here...he notes that the car has the "optional Adjustable Power Pedals!!" and "Chrome Alloy Wheels!!"

:rolleyes: :shake:

fastblackmerc
06-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Mine look like that too, maybe even worse. I got in on the (maybe) third or fourth run of those---I dunno, it was SOME later run---and after the first trip through the car wash, the appearance went south. I called up Marty and asked him about it; he said he wasn't aware of the problem but was sorry to hear about it, even said that he'd replace 'em if he could find a spare set. I'm not overly concerned---I'm trying to get my car into a warranty paintjob, and they'll have to come off anyway when that happens---and I think with some careful fine detail work, I can probably recondition 'em.

As for burning out overdrive, well...30k+ miles since new on mine, and the tranny ain't dead yet. I AM noticing that the TC is shifting roughly (lots of banging and clunking), but hey, according to Mercury, it's just fine. When it does quit, I'm gonna have it built the way it should have been done at the factory (i.e. a trip to Dennis' shop).

Of course I DID drive an '06 Charger R/T yesterday too...

I know, I know...beware the dark side. Too alluring, the smell of new car leather is... :rolleyes:
Not to hijack the thread, but how did you like the Charger? Wife will be in the market for a new car next year... trying to convince her to get a DTR or silver MM... she likes the Charger, although we haven't taken any for a test drive yet.

Marauderman
06-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but how did you like the Charger? Wife will be in the market for a new car next year... trying to convince her to get a DTR or silver MM... she likes the Charger, although we haven't taken any for a test drive yet.
.....don't mean to hijack either-but fastblackmerc---you gotta let wifey drive yours more if you want her to want one for her own---get the thought/picture here....

marauder307
06-04-2005, 07:21 PM

Check PMs...