PDA

View Full Version : GM's Zeta was cancelled!?

Fourth Horseman
06-05-2005, 02:47 AM
I had been seriously pinning my hopes on GM's new Zeta platform for a return of the rear-drive Impala SS. Apparently GM cancelled that platform back in March. I didn't find out about it until the July issue of MotorTrend hit my desk.

Seriously rotten news. :depress:

martyo
06-05-2005, 04:36 AM
This is old snooze.

Ford should be capitalizing on this with the Mustang.

There will be no more Camaros and GTOs as a result. And, the '07 Camaro looked pretty good.

We will all be driving foreign cars pretty soon.

SergntMac
06-05-2005, 04:56 AM
This is old snooze.

There will be no more Camaros and GTOs as a result. And, the '07 Camaro looked pretty good.

We will all be driving foreign cars pretty soon.We?

Got a mouse in your pocket?

martyo
06-05-2005, 04:59 AM
We?

My point was that there will be very few offerings left. Either that or there will be Ford 500s in everyone's garage. :eek:

merc406
06-05-2005, 05:00 AM
We?

I think he does, but I have a Ratsmoker, he's got no chance.

metroplex
06-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Bob Lutz announced it awhile back but yeah, GM is going down the pooper.
Even if the Zeta got the green I wouldn't buy a GM product.

michael ward
06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Bob Lutz announced it awhile back but yeah, GM is going down the pooper.
Even if the Zeta got the green I wouldn't buy a GM product. WHAT HE SAID!!! GM :down: :down: :down:

BlackHole
06-05-2005, 05:04 PM
This is what happens when you give 2 billion to Fiat to get out of a contract of ownership. :depress: :depress: As the money that should of went to develope the Zeta instead went to Fiat. :down: :down: :shake:

I say in 5 years Toyota well be the largest Auto maker in the World. :down: :down: :shake:

jgc61sr2002
06-05-2005, 05:45 PM
This is old snooze.

We will all be driving foreign cars pretty soon.

Thought we already are? :D

ncmm
06-05-2005, 05:50 PM
I'd like this if it ever becomes reality. . .

JohnnyB
06-05-2005, 05:53 PM

That should be the 2007 Marauder.......

jgc61sr2002
06-05-2005, 06:00 PM

I agree. ^^^^^^^ :D

STLR FN
06-05-2005, 07:50 PM
But with the way Ford screws stuff up, I doubt we'll see anything like that. :(

MI2QWK4U
06-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Ill stick with a new charger....

Joe Walsh
06-05-2005, 08:11 PM
I say in 5 years Toyota well be the largest Auto maker in the World. :down: :down: :shake:

Unfortunately True! :( ("Me and my Camry"....."Camry spells My Car!"..... :puke: )

And the second biggest will be Honda (it seems that everyone has one of those POS!)

I'll still be driving my '03 Marauder when 80% of Americans are driving Prius Hybrids or some Honda electric Turd....

:burn: AHHHHHH American V8s!!

MENINBLK
06-05-2005, 08:22 PM
Ill stick with a new charger....

You can have your S/C'd Galant !

de minimus
06-05-2005, 08:30 PM
I'd buy one of those 427's in a heartbeat. I do hope that Ford makes that car. GM -I can't think of a single product that I'd buy and I think that in another 10 years they'll be toast.

Ezbok58a
06-05-2005, 08:38 PM
While GMs cancellation of the Zeta platform was sad, there is still hope.

I saw on the other Panther sites that GM will still have the RWD cars come out in 2007-8 but that they would be on moddified caddy CTS and STS platforms.

Which IMO, GM should have used in the first place instead of developing a new platform

bigslim
06-05-2005, 09:51 PM
All Ford has to do is bring the Falcon from Australia over here. Rearwheel drive and V8 powered. Ford has no GONADS!

Mard
06-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Unfortunately True! :( ("Me and my Camry"....."Camry spells My Car!"..... :puke: )

And the second biggest will be Honda (it seems that everyone has one of those POS!)

I'll still be driving my '03 Marauder when 80% of Americans are driving Prius Hybrids or some Honda electric Turd....

:burn: AHHHHHH American V8s!!
My black Marauder sits in the garage beside a black 03 Honda CRV. We were looking at Escapes, but because my wife drives so many miles we have been burned with price depreciation on previous US cars. So far the Honda seems be holding a strong book value, even with higher than average mileage.

I will admit I've done well at resale on some of my personal drivers: 85 Capri RS 5.0, 89 Mustang LX 5.0, 97 Cobra. Lost my shorts on my 2002 Focus(Fecal) when I traded it in on my Marauder, but it got me on right track again:burnout: .

Fourth Horseman
06-05-2005, 10:04 PM
This is old snooze.

I wasn't trying to pass it off as news, just stating that *I* just now found out about it. And I'm bummed about it, too.

I'm not eager to buy another Ford product, but since the Chrysler rear drive platform cars don't do it for me on looks, it's starting to come down to a two horse race for me when it's time to pick up a second car. Either another Panther platform car or, as you mentioned, the new S197 Mustang.

Time to start saving my pennies and hope for a return of the Mach I Mustang, I guess.

Donny Carlson
06-05-2005, 11:35 PM
After reading the article in MM&FF, this will be my next new car. Probably in 2008 ish, certainly not during the first buying frenzy. My Marauder will be over 100K miles by then, and time to retire as a daily driver. She's a keeper, though, and I'll keep on modding her until there's nothing left to mod. The Shelby should be pretty complete out the door, though I'm sure it will need Aric to tune it and maybe a few bolt on goodies. That will be my new daily driver.

The Charger SRT8 is interesting, as is the STS-V. But I don't think I'm ready to jump into D/C waters, and the STS-V is not affordable. If the Shelby is in the low 40's sticker, I can afford it.