PDA

View Full Version : Ask Runaway Bride Jennifer Wilbanks

dwasson
06-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Dear Jennifer:

We just had our second child last week. The oldest, who is two, seems to be having trouble adjusting to the new baby. Any advice?

Betty N., Fayetteville, NC

Betty,

Children at that age are truly a joy. There is little better than looking down at a baby in a crib, with those bright wondering eyes, and knowing the elation that comes from understanding that this infant is practically immobile and has yet to obtain the power of speech. Scaling from the baby's second-story window, backpack secured and bus ticket in hand, will not illicit yelps of, "Mommy where are you going?" With Dad sleeping in his La-Z-Boy downstairs, a clean getaway is almost assured. Your 2-year-old, on the other hand, is far trickier. If you come climbing down out of tree into your backyard and are spotted, the toddler may treat it as a game and come running out of the house to play with you. Fear not, at that age they may appear to have some speed, but their legs are little, tire easily, and a couple of sprints around the house will leave them in the dust far before you dive into your car on the way to the Greyhound station.

Regards,
Jennifer

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

Dear Jennifer:

My husband doesn't cook but still expects me to have meals ready every day after I put in a long day at work. Any suggestions?

Lisa E., Kansas City, MO

Lisa,

Here's a recipe I think you'll find helpful. It requires a brick, scissors, glue, several magazines not from your home, and a bus ticket. Before your husband gets home, simply use the scissors and the magazine to cut letters out and fabricate a ransom note (be sure to wear gloves and take those magazines to the dump!) throw the brick through the window, and voilą, your meal problems are solved.

Regards,
Jennifer