:D

rocknrod
06-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Still stuck with just a CV?
:DNo way man, this is mine now:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Pic3.jpg

BillyGman
06-09-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm not trying to hijack this thread by changing the subject or anything, but that looks like one fabulous house in the CV pic. Is that your house?

Fourth Horseman
06-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Love the CV sports! In fact, I'm considering one as a second car once I finish paying for the Marauder.

Do you guys think that there's any chance the CV sports will get the new 3 valve heads and something near 300 hp in the future? That'd be plenty sweet, and give me a daily driver to take some load off my Marauder.

rocknrod
06-10-2005, 12:42 AM
I'm not trying to hijack this thread by changing the subject or anything, but that looks like one fabulous house in the CV pic. Is that your house?The one behind the Crown Vic is.
The one behind the Merc is the dealer.
And thank you.

BillyGman
06-10-2005, 12:51 AM
The one behind the Crown Vic is.
The one behind the Merc is the dealer.
And thank you.You're very welcome. Yes, I was refering to the CV pic. I always admired brickfaced, and stonefaced houses. A number of them look fantastic,(Like yours) and I like the low-maintaince factor (very little, or no painting required). Okay, don't mind me, I didn't mean to change the topic. It was hard to help (sorry :D ).

rocknrod
06-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Just wish I could be home more.

I am STILL in FLorida (over 2 months now):mad:
I Havnt even SEEN my Marauder yet. Just the pics.

BillyGman
06-10-2005, 01:20 AM
Just wish I could be home more.

I am STILL in FLorida (over 2 months now):mad:
I Havnt even SEEN my Marauder yet. Just the pics.What? Why are you in FLA?

rocknrod
06-10-2005, 01:23 AM
I work on power plants. Right now I'm at a Nuke here.
Just can't seem to find any power plants in my neighborhood;)
Wal-Mart is starting to look REAL good

BillyGman
06-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Wal-Mart is starting to look REAL goodYeah, but Walmart might not pay the bills either, and you might then be driving a Hyundai (sp?) w/a fart pipe.

rocknrod
06-10-2005, 01:51 AM
Yes, you have a point there.

Petrograde
06-10-2005, 03:11 AM

There's a plant around Dallas right? Just north of Ft. Worth I think?? ..anyone?
That's closer!

I'm wondering if they need any Level II NDT techs?... I'd love to get back to Dallas.

metroplex
06-10-2005, 05:09 AM
I just wish the 03-04 Marauders didn't look so much like Crown Vics with different wheels.

wchain
06-10-2005, 07:27 AM
I found a pic of my old Crown Vic:
http://image24.webshots.com/25/4/21/97/33442197KpkeRa_ph.jpg

Dude! I swear Carmax in DFW had a DTR LX Sport for sale about a month ago, looked EXACTLY LIKE THAT! Yours?

mdmarauder
06-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Sorry to hijack but...

Anyone looking for a stock 04' Dark Toreador Red Marauder?

I just picked up a black one and never liked the color of my DTR.

23,000 miles, heated seats, fac. disc changer, and brand new tires. Excellent Condition not a door ding on the car. No paint or body work either.

Car is in Maryland look to get $23000.00

Embassy
06-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Still stuck with just a CV?

:DStuck is certainly not the correct word.

I enjoy my Vic and several show judges have agreed. ;)

rocknrod
06-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Dude! I swear Carmax in DFW had a DTR LX Sport for sale about a month ago, looked EXACTLY LIKE THAT! Yours?Nope I sold it a long time ago, while in Arizona.
Now I have a 2004 MM.

rocknrod
06-10-2005, 09:10 PM
You could investagte every power plant in the area. Lots of em too.
Send a letter to every maintenance department manager and let them know what services you provide. Then follow up with a call. If you have your own tools, machines etc. You'd make alot more money. During outages they usually let the contractor, Siemens or GE take care of it. However if it's cost effective, wich it will be, your in. Don't sell yourself cheap to a power plant.

There's a plant around Dallas right? Just north of Ft. Worth I think?? ..anyone?
That's closer!

I'm wondering if they need any Level II NDT techs?... I'd love to get back to Dallas.

texascorvette
06-11-2005, 06:16 AM
At age 47, you might be a little young to be a greeter.

rocknrod
06-13-2005, 12:35 AM
At age 47, you might be a little young to be a greeter.Ya I know......You know I'm still here in Florida ?
Hay-Sus-Christo when does it end ?

BillyGman
06-16-2005, 08:19 AM
I just wish the 03-04 Marauders didn't look so much like Crown Vics with different wheels.I don't have a problem with that since I've always liked the way Crown Vics look. The Marauder kind of reminds me of how the 64-67 Pontiac GTO looked just like the Pontiac LeMans did, and also wasn't that much different looking than the Tempest either. It was basically a LeMans with a more powerful engine. And the Marauder is a Crown Vic with a more powerful engine. The same with the Chevy Chevelle SS cars in the 60's and early 70's. They looked just like the Malibu with some very minor changes to the grill, and with a more powerful engine, and posi rear. I don't remember anyone ever complaining about Chevelles looking like Malibu's, or GTO's looking like the LeMans.

DeadVic
06-16-2005, 08:54 AM
We NEED someone to work on the Power Plant north of Houston TODAY. Get yer butt back to Texas.

It was 82 in my house by the time it came back on about midnight last night. I almost backed the Navigator out and slept in it.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory/3227773

rocknrod
06-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Yep, thats a transmission line problem. ie Power Lines.
I work with what makes the power, Generator, Turbine and associated plant equipment.
By the way I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!:D

BillyGman
06-16-2005, 11:18 AM
U mean back home to enjoy your car(s)?

rocknrod
06-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Yes Back Home. Trying to work on the 32. Drove over to a dealer in Irving and picked up a sales binder for the 2004 model years. Has all the models includeing the Marauder. It's cool. Saw it on e-bay so I went and got it local.

Also doing Honey-Do's. Do you know: The white wire is HOT ? Thank god I was on a fiberglass ladder. It doesnt really shock, more like slow burning sensation.

I'll post some picks of the engine on the 32 when I get around to it. Looking good.

Then my boss calls today and says, Hey I want you to go to Illinois for a few months.............:mad2:

texascorvette
06-17-2005, 05:37 AM
Yes Back Home. Trying to work on the 32. Drove over to a dealer in Irving and picked up a sales binder for the 2004 model years. Has all the models includeing the Marauder. It's cool. Saw it on e-bay so I went and got it local.

Also doing Honey-Do's. Do you know: The white wire is HOT ? Thank god I was on a fiberglass ladder. It doesnt really shock, more like slow burning sensation.

I'll post some picks of the engine on the 32 when I get around to it. Looking good.

Then my boss calls today and says, Hey I want you to go to Illinois for a few months.............:mad2:
Sounds like someone from College Station wired your house. Twenty-some years ago, I had the same thing happen when I was trying to change out a bathroom light fixture. My kid kept saying: It's shocking me, Daddy! Didn't think is was possible, but stuck a screwdriver accross the black and then the white to the outlet box. Damn near welded the tip of the screwdriver to the box. When I pulled the panel cover, some moron had picked that circuit to put the white on the breaker instead of the neutral bar. Makes you say bad words.

rocknrod
06-17-2005, 02:47 PM
It's official.
They're sending me to Illinois Monday the 17th for a couple of months.
i LOve this crap