PDA

View Full Version : LCD Stands for my office

Slowpoke
06-13-2005, 08:44 AM
We've got a dozen or so new LCD monitors for my sales people. I like to keep LCD monitors at eye level and our recent hires have mostly been women on the tall side. Anyone have a source for inexpensive LCD stands? They would need adapters for the 75 mm screw spacing. The cheapest I can find is in the $100 range; there has to be some cheaper ones somewhere?

ckadiddle
06-13-2005, 08:50 AM
We just use the twenty buck sturdy plastic regular CRT monitor stands that you can buy at office depot, walmart, etc. Brand names are Belkin, Fellowes, and those type. Holds up 18 inch flat LCD well, I use the extra space for speakers, tape, pens, etc.

Wires
06-13-2005, 09:10 AM
My IS guy told me to use phone books, catalogs, or any combination of the two to get the height I desired.

Slowpoke
06-13-2005, 09:13 AM
We just use the twenty buck sturdy plastic regular CRT monitor stands that you can buy at office depot, walmart, etc. Brand names are Belkin, Fellowes, and those type. Holds up 18 inch flat LCD well, I use the extra space for speakers, tape, pens, etc.

I was looking to avoid the plastic CRT stands. We have a few of those here and I really dont like them. All I need is a nice looking metal pole with an adjustable VESA mount. I dont mind drilling a holes in the desks.

Incidently, I usually buy stuff for the office from Doug Mockett but their prices on LCD stands was way too high.

dwasson
06-13-2005, 12:33 PM
My favorite source for accessories like this is Cyber Guys. They have good prices on all sorts of cool stuff that you can't find anywhere else.

Check this page (http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchproducts.asp?s=SP&dept=lch10&search=1ac20&child=1ac20&across=2&sort=new&ureq=y) out.