PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd To Reunite

DEFYANT
06-13-2005, 08:47 AM
I am a Pink Floyd fan since day one! I have found this site to be very informative. http://www.pinkfloyd-co.com/pfco_news.html

06/12/05

<CENTER>Live 8

</CENTER><CENTER>It seems that hell has frozen over!! It has been confirmed that Pink Floyd will play at Live 8 in Hyde Park on July 2, 2005. For this "one time" event Roger Waters will join Pink Floyd. Previously we reported that our source had told us that Live 8 will not be on the schedule of events considered for 2005. The decision was finalized Saturday evening we are told. More info as we have it!</CENTER>

Now where on the dark side of the moon is Hyde Park!! :banana:

For more information:

Pink Floyd Official Website (.com) (http://www.pinkfloyd.com/)
Pink Floyd Official Website (.co.uk) (http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/)

Breaking news from:

CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/12/pink.floyd.reut/index.html?section=cnn_latest)
BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4085966.stm)
Associated Press (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050612/ap_on_en_mu/britain_pink_floyd_4)

DEFYANT
06-13-2005, 08:51 AM
PINK FLOYD REUNITE WITH ROGER WATERS FOR LIVE 8 CONCERT

<TABLE align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/pics/live8logo.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD><CENTER>Live 8</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Since the Live 8 concert was announced at the end of May, the rumour mill has gone mad with claims that Pink Floyd were playing at the show. Brain Damage were called this morning by Pink Floyd's manager with the fantastic news that the band ARE INDEED reuniting with Roger Waters to play the Hyde Park, London Live 8 show, on July 2nd!

I was told that David Gilmour only made the decision on Friday night, which no doubt prompted a hectic day yesterday, getting the others - Nick Mason, Richard Wright, and old bandmate Roger Waters - committed to the show. David was keen for us to share this with you; they did not decide to participate weeks ago, and have just left it until now to maximize publicity...

David had this to say about the landmark action to reform the band:
"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. It’s crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then it’s got to be worthwhile."
Obviously, the question comes to mind: how did the reunion come together? Here's what the band's manager told us: "Bob [Geldof] engineered it, he talked to David and he [Bob] talked to Roger and Roger then called David."

Tickets are only available as part of a "lottery" - which closes TONIGHT (Sunday). To apply for tickets, fans have to answer the following question:
WHAT CITY IS THE FORTHCOMING G8 SUMMIT HELD NEAR THIS JULY?
A. Berlin
B. Moscow
C. Edinburgh
Text A, B or C to 84599
Each entry costs £1.50* plus your operator's standard text charge.

The text competition will close at midnight (British Summertime; GMT +1 hour) on the 12th June. Winners will be chosen at random by computer and notified by text message after the 13th June with details of how they can collect their tickets - either online or from collection points around the UK. Due to the tight deadlines the organisers are working to, you will need to be able to collect your tickets within ten days of notification of winning, otherwise you will forfeit them.

The London event will be fully accessible, however you will need to change your winning ticket for a "special access" ticket. When they distribute tickets to winners of the competition they will clearly detail how to get in touch and change your ticket.

* Ask bill payer's permission before texting. The first £1.6 million raised from the text competition will go to The Prince's Trust which is sharing a proportion of the income with Help a London Child. The rest, after paying the costs of the global LIVE 8 concerts (free events), will go to the Band Aid Trust. Full terms and conditions are available online through this link (http://www.live8live.com/textingtandc.shtml).

The Live 8 concerts are called "The Long Walk To Justice", and more details can be found at www.live8live.com (http://www.live8live.com/). Here's the official line on what the shows are all about, and what you need to know if you want to attend:

MM03MOK
06-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Now where on the dark side of the moon is Hyde Park!! :banana:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67 21

DEFYANT
06-13-2005, 09:30 AM
I see only a little red "x" in a white box.

Figures it is in London....

Krytin
06-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Now how can we caravan our MMs to this one! Shame it's in England, I would have paid $$$$ for that.

DEFYANT
06-13-2005, 09:59 AM
Amphibious Marauder??

With all the options available for these cars, this should be doable :lol:

FiveO
06-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Don't forget you'll need side markers to be legal in the UK :)

rocknrod
06-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Didn't pink floyd sing: "Don't rock the jukebox"????

GarageMahal
06-13-2005, 05:51 PM
If anyone finds a way for an "American" to actually get tickets, let me know. I have enough flyer miles to get me there in style.

jta

CRUZTAKER
06-13-2005, 08:07 PM
If anyone finds a way for an "American" to actually get tickets, let me know. I have enough flyer miles to get me there in style.

jta
I would love to make the trip.....

Seen them twice, but never as whole.

Petrograde
06-13-2005, 09:00 PM
wow,.. that's sweet! I love Pink Floyd.

I hope I can at least catch it on Pay Per Veiw!

Rider90
06-13-2005, 09:16 PM
Ditto, Pay-Per-View is the closest I can probably get.

Too cool. Just TOO cool!!!!!

ncmm
06-13-2005, 09:19 PM
Comfortably Numb (Gilmour, Waters) 6:49

Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again.
Relax.
I'll need some information first.
Just the basic facts.
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.

O.K.
Just a little pinprick.
There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good.
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go.

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb. :high5:

DEFYANT
06-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Comfortably Numb (Gilmour, Waters) 6:49

Hello?
Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again.
Relax.
I'll need some information first.
Just the basic facts.
Can you show me where it hurts?

When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.

O.K.
Just a little pinprick.
There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah!
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good.
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go.

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb. :high5:
The Live CD "Pulse" from the '94 tour has an awsome solo at the end of this song!!

ncmm
06-13-2005, 09:30 PM
The Live CD "Pulse" from the '94 tour has an awsome solo at the end of this song!!
I've heard Pulse is being remastered and several new additions to be included :D

DEFYANT
06-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I've heard Pulse is being remastered and several new additions to be included :D
Yes! The DVD has been in production for several years now. Im not sure what the hold up is. I have it on Laser Disc and love it!! The DVD should have lots of extras :D

DEFYANT
06-20-2005, 07:43 AM
The latest:
06/19/05

Live 8 Update

Jon Carin and Tim Renwick will join Pink Floyd and Roger Waters on stage at Live 8. It has not been confirmed if anyone else will be participating. Due to the huge demand for tickets the organizers have decided to erect large screens and sound systems around Hyde Park so those without tickets can enjoy the concert. These screens will be outside the fenced area of the concert. The demand for hotels is overwhelming as fans from all over the world scramble to find a place to stay. More news as we have it!

DEFYANT
06-26-2005, 07:18 AM
06/25/05

Live 8 Update...Pink Floyd song selection

Breathe, Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb. These are the songs that are being rehearsed and will be played at Live 8. Any other additions will be announced as we confirm them.

MarauderMark
06-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Ok isn't this live 8 the same as live aid?(which me and peg went too)If so i belive this is the same and some groups are going to play in london and broadcasted in philly around the art museum and some will be play in philly and broadcasted to london..this is what someone who they were going to it told me..Them days are done for me.. :D

DEFYANT
06-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Live 8 is todays Live Aid

ncmm
06-26-2005, 03:06 PM
and it should be as good or better than Live Aid was in '85 and hopefully caught on DVD :up: